[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you get into a franchise late do you play all the games in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
If you get into a franchise late do you play all the games in the series right after one another, or do you take breaks in between each game?

I'm about to play the first three Arkham games.
>>
Don't bother with the third, it's shit and wasn't even made by rocksteady
>>
depends on the series, I took several-month breaks in between the Mass Effect games, but I blasted through MGS1-4 back-to-back-to-back-to-back

also don't play Origins, it's shit
>>
>>330286979
Origins is still better than Knight
>>
>>330287138
Origins is better than City
>>
>>330287138
imagine actually believing this

Arkham Knight was a ton of fun and the first game of this generation that actually felt "next-gen" and not "this could have been on 360 with lowered graphics"

admittedly, the story is not as good but the gameplay is on point

the only people talking down on the game are idiot PCfags and people who already made up their mind about the Batmobile before they even tried it
>>
After MGSV I'm done giving a fuck about any kind of story in video games, so I just play whatever I feel like, regardless of whether or not I've played the others.
>>
>>330286862
Normally I just buy/yar one at a time because I've notice they degrade in quality and some like Asscreed get so bad I rather be begrudging if I own future installments that I knew I dislike.
>>
>>330288109
I got a free copy of ACIV and I get pissed every time I scroll past it
>>
>>330286862
don't bother with its 3rd sequel/prequel and everything after the first sequel usually sucks
>>
>>330287561
Now hold on there, let's not get ahead of ourselves

>>330287580
Played Arkham Knight on the Xbone bruh, I thought it was pretty okay but nowhere near as good as the first two games and I even found Origins better than it.
>>
>>330288392
I honestly didn't even hate Origins but I just thought Arkham Knight was the combat elevation that City actually needed instead of Origins's tacked on bullshit
>>
>>330286862
I always go in order, it triggers my autism otherwise
>>
I ususally try to play through the entire series if I get into it late.

I've noticed that I get fatigued by the series though and can't go through from game 2 to game 3 without getting bored.

I went through Asylum,City, then went into Origins and actually took a break right before that bumble bee fucker flying around with the flamethrower before finishing it like a month later.
>>
>>330286862
Take breaks. I wouldn't want to hamper my enjoyment of what could very well be a vastly improved sequel by getting burned out on the franchise.

I forget what series that happened to me with. I played the first, liked it, then played the second, and despite recognizing it as a better game, I never finished it because I was tired of it.
>>
File: 1438656605615.png (18 KB, 650x461) Image search: [Google]
1438656605615.png
18 KB, 650x461
>>330286862
When I found a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy, I blasted through the entire thing, right after another.

I now know to take breaks between sequels, to avoid fatigue.
>>
I played all the uncharted over last Friday Saturday and Sunday. It was the first time I've done it and probably won't do it again.
>>
>>330286862
start at beginning and play it by ear.
>>
>>330286862
I play them in autismical release order, but after Silent Hill I decided that I will always take breaks between games.
>>
File: Max Fucking Payne.jpg (136 KB, 1000x881) Image search: [Google]
Max Fucking Payne.jpg
136 KB, 1000x881
>>330288697
I do the same, except for Max Payne 3, it was a new game that seemed cool when it came out, I enjoyed it a lot, I am now playing Max Payne 1 and Max Payne 2 and I can say for a fact that I like them a lot more.
>>
I take long breaks between. I like to forget how to play and having to relearn, plus I don't want to get burned out on one type of game.
>>
Story order with breaks. Right now i'm playing Bioshock 2 (played 1 before) and Half Life 1.
>>
File: 1396826678807.jpg (217 KB, 521x502) Image search: [Google]
1396826678807.jpg
217 KB, 521x502
>>330291542
>Right now i'm playing Bioshock 2

hahahhahahah fo r absolutely WHAT fucking purpose
>>
File: 04 - w0qStD1.gif (60 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
04 - w0qStD1.gif
60 KB, 200x200
>>330287138
>>330287561
>>
>>330291542
Bs2 is really good. Have fun.
>>
>>330291542
Lucky dog, best game in the series
>>
Is Origins worth playing on PS3? I could get it for free and all the dlc is on sale for like 7 bucks every now and then. I've 100%ed Asylum and City so I like the series, I just heard so much shit about origins that I skipped it at the time and never game back
>>
>>330286862
Breaks

Also fuck the haters Origins was good. Could've been better sure but it had great atmosphere, some awesome boss fights and the best end sequence in the series

All the Arkham games are worth playing even more so if you're a big Batman fan
>>
>>330294193
it's not AWFUL but the PS3 version has progression bugs that can get you stuck forever
>>
>>330294572
Didn't they patch that? As far as I know the only one that didn't get fixed was the PC version and people got really pissed off that they left it broken.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.