[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is Sony doing? Arguably the greatest catalog of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 320px-PlayStation2-title.png (7 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
320px-PlayStation2-title.png
7 KB, 320x224
What the fuck is Sony doing? Arguably the greatest catalog of any console and it's only brought 3, maybe 4 games worth playing to PS4. Can /v/ explain?
>>
>>330286143
Sony doesn't know that the razor and blade method is
>>
>>330286143
Honestly I think last gen was cut short of its natural lifespan. It's pretty notable that most Japanese devs are still releasing games on both PS3/4 and until recently sometimes only PS3.

This gen has yet to hit its stride, and it's looking like both the xbone and the nogaemstation quadruple have slowly begun building decent libraries. I mean if not in 2016 then I take this all back. In that scenario we can only pray for a burst bubble, even a small one. At the very least a stronger seperation between mobile/f2p games and traditional video games in the marketplace.
>>
>>330288032
I really meant bringing PS2 games to PS4. Biggest catalog of games and it's delivering shite all.
>>
they want to make new shit, not rehashes.
>>
I'm buying a ps2 and all the games I used to play now because after playing san andreas on ps4 again and remembering how much i loved the ps2.
>>
>>330289000
>rehashes
No, you nincompoop. Making some of the top games of the best console ever available on their new shit.
>>
>>330286143
>what is licensing issues

dumbass
>>
>>330288927
Why the fuck would they do that? Used PS2s are plentiful, and it's easy enough chipping one, or even ordering whatever games you want on Amazon/eBay. They should focus on creating new relationships with more 3rd parties, that's what made the PS2 one of the best consoles of all time. The only rereleases I wouldnt mind would be ones with online capabilities added.
>>
>>330289387
>why the fuck would they
Besides making mad dosh off of minimum work? All you have to do is pay off the license holder a little bit to use a game that no longer has any income for them because the only money moving for that title is second to xth hand and is definitely not going towards the company.
>>
>>330289387
piss easy money that's why
if you throw all those first party titles from the PS1/PS2 on the PS4 it'll be easy money
>>
>>330289192
See >>330289668
Why would they hold out on licensing when they can't make any money from the title? Please stop defending Sony and talking shit when it doesn't make sense. If there were licensing issues, you think San Andreas would be on there? Faggot.
>>
Have you seen how PS2 games look on HDTVs?
>>
>>330289889
>i dont know anything about business!
>>
>>330289889
how the fuck would you know how much licensing costs? dumb fucking retard
>>
>>330286143
>games we already have played
You represent a irrelevant part of the market anon, no one else wants to play that stuff.
>>
>>330287383
Is?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.