[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is pic related and the soon to be released Pokken the only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: smash.png (1 MB, 1240x541) Image search: [Google]
smash.png
1 MB, 1240x541
Why is pic related and the soon to be released Pokken the only successful fighters on the market? Is it because they are the only ones that are actually good?
>>
>>330280392
>Pokken
>successful

No. It's dead in Japan. They've been removing several of the arcade units and replacing them with other games because people just aren't playing it.

And it will flop outside of Japan when it gets released. The online multiplayer mechanics are awful.

>Smash
>Successful
>On Wii U
>Wii U

Nothing is more "successful' on the Wii U when it comes to other similar games (in this case, fighting games) available on the PS4/Xbone when said game who you are claiming is successful is a Wii U exclusive.

It's like saying Splatoon is the most successful shooter out right now, when even Starwars Battlefront has more players on it.
>>
>>330280392
newfag detected
>>
So, anyone know why Smash is the only successful fighter?
>>
>>330280996
>Nothing is more "successful' on the Wii U when it comes to other similar games

Aren't platformers usually more success on Wii-U than other systems?
>>
>>330280392
>corrin
what happened, nintendo...
>>
>>330282943
Because it's fun. Also, anyone want to start a match up?
>>
Shoving characters in that people like generates sales.
Who knew.
>>
>friends want to take me to Xanadu with them
>nervous as fuck and they're expecting me to do well
Fuck, hope I don't disappoint them.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 345x348) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 345x348
>>330284330
Isn't xanadu usually filled with shitters?
>>
>>330282943
>to properly play sfv and other similar games it takes atleast 5 hours to learn basic mechanics, combos, et cetera.
>litterally anyone can pick up and play smash 4 and have fun with it.

I didn't even understand half the mechanics when I was a little shit but I was still having a great time.
>>
>>330284486
No idea, I know pretty much nothing about it other than it being a weekly tournament in driving distance.
>>
>>330280996
citation needed
>>
>>330284521
>litterally anyone can pick up and play smash 4 and have fun with it.
Not really. It's too floaty and slow.
>>
>>330285071

brawl was even slower and floatier yet most people still had fun with it. Casuals can barely tell the difference between the smash games besides graphics
>>
>>330284486
On the Melee side of things for sure (2 wobbling Ice Climbers basically carry the region atm)
Wouldn't know about Tr4sh though
>>
>>330284854
I wish underage would leave
>>
>>330285643
>clickbait articles that site one false source

look capcuck, i know you're mad about SFV being shit and usf4 being shafted at evo, but taking your anger out on pokken isn't gonna help you.
>>
>>330285643
no i was just too lazy lol
>>
>>330280392
Kekkle, this just goes to show you how inputs are killing the fighting game genre
>>
>>330286490
>Forbes
>Click bait
>multiple sites

Never go full retards
>>
>>330286490
You didn't even try.
>>
File: Get fucked.gif (459 KB, 250x219) Image search: [Google]
Get fucked.gif
459 KB, 250x219
Fuck this shitposting culture, holy shit
>>
>>330287651
>>330288058
read through those articles, they all cite one source, said source was proven to be a mistranslation/false source. it was one faulty machine that got recalled and people took it the wrong way and that's how those articles were written.

I would show you the archive but since foolz is dead you can do the research for yourself
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.