[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a practical way to get a PS3 controller working on Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1154302026652.jpg (27 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1154302026652.jpg
27 KB, 400x300
Is there a practical way to get a PS3 controller working on Windows 7? I got the Legacy of Kain games really cheap during the SE Steam sale, and while I'm loving the walk down memory lane, Soul Reaver is a nightmare to play with a keyboard.

>Why don't you just Goog-

Let me stop you right there. I already have. Every result either look kind of sketchy, or recommends Motion in Joy, which I have never managed to get working on 7 (though it worked beautifully on XP).

>Why don't you use a PS4 or Xbox One con-

If I owned either one, I wouldn't be posting this, would I?

Seriously though, there has to be some super easy solution I'm missing, right? It can't possibly be this hard to make a computer acknowledge a simple on/off input.
>>
I'm going to spoonfeed you here
http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/SCP_Driver_Package
>>
>>330278453
I used Motion In joy and it worked fine on seven. Op can't inb4 against the right answer, because it's the only answer.

Figure out Motion in Joy or get a different controller.

What are you, poor?
>>
>>330278453
Use SCP Driver Package. DO NOT USE Motion in Joy
>>
>>330278713
Why not, I use it and it feels fine
>>
I have a PS3 controller setup and a PS4 controller setup. Let me tell you now - Not only is the PS4 controller easier to setup, but it's a goddamn silky smooth experience on the PC. The touchpad lets you use the mouse without even reaching for it, so you can use a lot of in-game menus without issue.

So, use SCP if you absolutely can't get a DS4. But otherwise, get a DS4 as that thing is probably the best PC controller I've had since the Sidewinder days.
>>
>>330278770
>>330278617
Chinese botnet
>>
>>330278617
>>330278770

Not him, but motionjoy started to give me some bad adware. Kept opening some chinese site until i got rid of it and what ever shit that was left on my pc. I use x wrapper instead now.
>>
>>330278617
>>330278770
MotioninJoy is full of crap Chinese spyware. Also it can fuck up your USB and Bluetooth drivers.
>>
>>330278453
Trade it for a 360 controller.
>>
>>330278943

is the 'share' button on the PS4 controller usable/bindable?
>>
>>330278453

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

Use this.

>>330278617

DON'T use MotionInJoy, it's adware garbage with fucking terrible drivers that fuck up various things regularly.
>>
>>330278453
Get
BetterDS3
>>
>>330278453
scpdriver works beautifully, treats the PS2 and PS4 controllers as a 360 controller
>>
>>330279383
>PS2
should be PS3
>>
>>330279259
The share button maps to back by default in DS4Windows but you can map it to whatever you want.
>>
SCP driver works great
>>
>>330278595

Awesome, I'll give that a shot.

>>330278617

Why spend $50 on a controller if there's a free solution?
>>
>>330279025
>>330279048
>>330279112
huh, didn't know that, never had any ads pop up but thanks for the warning, guess I'll switch before I get fucked
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.