[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Division is Ubisoft’s most successful new game launch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Ubisoft.png (46 KB, 256x212) Image search: [Google]
Ubisoft.png
46 KB, 256x212
And one of the overall top four most successful new IP launches

>The Division has sold through more copies in its first 24 hours of availability than any previous title in Ubisoft history, the company announced.

>The game also set Ubisoft records for total digital full game sales in a single day across all platforms, including PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

>The company said that with The Division, it now has three of the top four most successful new game brand launches in the history of the industry. (Ubisoft lists Destiny, Watch Dogs, and Assassin’s Creed as the other three, based on NPD, GFK Chart Track, and internal estimates.)

“The launch of The Division is a tremendous achievement for Ubisoft, and demonstrates our unrivalled capacity to create fantastic new game brands and transform them into entertainment blockbusters,” said Ubisoft co-founder and CEO Yves Guillemot. “This is a momentous day for Ubisoft, but more importantly it marks the start of millions of players’ enduring engagement in The Division’s game world, which we are confident they will love.”

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/division-ubisoft-most-successful-new-game-launch

Where were you when /v/ got BTFO again?
>>
File: 1457486787673s.jpg (1 KB, 102x125) Image search: [Google]
1457486787673s.jpg
1 KB, 102x125
The exact sales numbers are not known at this time.
>>
File: 1376941083066.jpg (172 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1376941083066.jpg
172 KB, 720x720
>>330273237
>Ubisoft lists Destiny

Why would they list a game they had nothing to do with?
>>
File: Common smug.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Common smug.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>330274615
>he doesn't know
>>
Watch them milk it dry now.
>>
Those damn normies will never learn...
>>
>>330274764
They are trying to turn it into a cotent platform. They already released a trailer for the next year of content. This is the new trend of AAA games.
>>
>>330274615

read the quote again carefully
>>
>>330274914
You mean like how Rockstar continued to update and add content to GTAO for a couple years after release? I'm kind of okay with that, if they don't go full jew with it that is.
>>
>>330275107
Like that but with paid things, obviously. The intention is to keep the player coming back and buying the newest thing. Its like the MMO buisness model finding its new home.
>>
>>330275213
As long as the pricing makes sense, not like a single gun skin for $1 or an outfit being $5.
>>
Should I buy The Division?
>>
>>330275471
Yes, its just a shame the game itself looks like trash and its ubisoft
>>
>>330275528
no but if you do buy it from g2a or cdkeys
>>
>>330275528
only if your friends are up for it too
>>
Oh look casuals ruining the industry further, what a surprise.
>>
Haven't bought it yet but I don't see the problem, Division looks pretty good.
>>
What about this Line Simulator?
>>
>>330275528
Gamestop is doing a game trade in to get it for $35. So that's what I did and I feel like it was worth it. Gf never played luigis mansion anyway.
>>
Good. They need it.

Vivendi have been breathing down their neck, and as soon as that happens there will be absolutely no innovation from any of their studios, just like what happened to everyone owned by Activision years ago.
>>
/v/ needs to unerstand that /v/ is the minority. People making the sales will never share /v/'s opinions on video games.

Ubisoft is pretty bad, but it has great games. I'll be buying new Trackmania and Rayman games no matter how much shitstorm the new AAA bullshit creates.
>>
How can you even call this a new IP. It feels like a game I've played 10 times before. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. Why on earth are people buying it?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSSkz6iDPvM
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.