[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, let's settle this once and for all. Did /v/ own
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
File: 2016 belongs to persona 5.png (825 KB, 720x492) Image search: [Google]
2016 belongs to persona 5.png
825 KB, 720x492
Alright, let's settle this once and for all. Did /v/ own a 360 or ps3 last gen because ALL you motherfuckers keep saying you'll buy whatever new game like persona 5 or star ocean 5 for ps3 or act like it's expected that everyone has a ps3, yet you fags spammed ps3 was nogamestation since '06.

And what's with the PC reddit bullshit? Literally no one had a pc back in 03 or last gen so what the fuck happened? Is this neo-/v/ rnning amok? I need solid fucking answers.
>>
>>330270792
Do you for a second believe the people browsing on /v/ in 06 and in 2016 are the same?
>>
There's a subreddit called /r/pcmasterrace that tries to convert gaming forums on the internet into pro PC.
>>
>>330271117
no of course not. that's why I want concrete answers. People from before '07 are still here, and I need confirmation on what has changed and what provoked it.
>>
ps3 was a weebstation.

It started to have more games than the 360 about 2009 when microsoft decided to give up
>>
>>330271247
yes I'm aware of that, but why should that come into place here if 4chan denounces reddit? is reddit really coming in droves here and are there that many crossposters? this lunacy needs to end.
>>
>>330271117

I'm still here.

'05
>>
>>330270792
it's just mustards trying to shit on PS4
>>
It's reddit. Anyone who calls reddit a boogeyman is from reddit. The reddit menace is very, very real and killing /v/ from the inside.
>>
>>330271506
well why the fuck do they keep coming here? we need to get to the root of the problem.
>>
>>330270792
PS3 has no games was true for the first year.
So true it achieved meme status and people still kept saying it when it started having a huge library.
Stop taking it so seriously.
>>
>>330271703
well when did /v/ start buying ps3's? what did they primarily play on last gen? wii, 360, ps3, or pc?
>>
File: 1450378684729.jpg (850 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1450378684729.jpg
850 KB, 1280x960
>>330270792
At this point I own both, although I did get the 360 earlier than the PS3 mostly because the Xbox was free. Early in its life the nogaemstation was no joke.

I'm interested in Street Fighter 5 and Gravity Rush, but I'll hold off on getting a PS4 until another price drop comes/a game I cannot wait for comes out (Ace Combat 7).
>>
I still do not own a PS3. I will get one for P5.
>>
>>330271936
I only had a wii and a mid tier PC myself.
Only got a PS3 when the slim model was released.
>>
File: 1452431400560.png (218 KB, 592x385) Image search: [Google]
1452431400560.png
218 KB, 592x385
>>330271621
>root of the problem
pic related

It's already too late for the most part. Just report threads from obvious redditers when you see them and scare them away with weebshit (it appears to trigger them).
>>
>>330270792

Hello neogaf ;)
>>
gosh it's almost like there are multiple people with varied opinions here or something. but that can't be true, so what's with /v/ always acting so differently??? why do you, the singular consciousness that is /v/, keep contradicting yourself??? I just can't wrap my small head around it.......
>>
>>330272519
yeah, ok, so what? we can be friends. fuck reddit. fuck tumblr.
>>
>not getting a ps4 just for p5
>And maybe persona 6 + spinoffs + OC atlus game too

If you buy a ps3 for p5 you are a cuck
Of course that if you already had one its no problem.
>>
>>330272638
op being a neofag would explain why they can't understand why not everyone likes ps3.

they seriously can't seem to handle it when someone challenges their pro-sony worldview
>>
>>330272609
>????
>......
Kill yourself.
>>
>>330272897
It's almost like he was mocking OP and being facetious. But surely you aren't that dense, right anon?
>>
>>330270792

I'm a full idort for the 7th gen

Nogames jokes are funny and were very true on launch.

People who aren't retarded console warriors can laugh at systems they own.
>>
>>330270792
they're just silly memes, you dingus. why are you taking a Tibetan crocheting forum so seriously?
are you off your meds or something?
>>
File: neogaf can never shit on sony 2.png (99 KB, 1347x1605) Image search: [Google]
neogaf can never shit on sony 2.png
99 KB, 1347x1605
>>330272817
it's not that bad, man. neogaf mods are just keen on civility not platform biases. but that's based on my past year being there. i can't speak for years prior.
>>
Because the PS3 is under $100 and hackable.

PS4s are over $300 and unhackable.

You can delete this autistic thread now.
>>
>>330271621
>well why the fuck do they keep coming here?
"/v/ is for funposting, Reddit is where the real discussion is."
>>
OP here, can I get any input from older /v/ users that were around pre-'07 like >>330271437? What are your thoughts on the neo-/v/ platform wars and the rise of pc mustards implying everyone has a capable gaming pc? As for me I only have a laptop from '09.
>>
console war autism has gone too far

i really hope OP gets a 10+ day ban for this dumb shit
>>
>>330273421
I'm a super oldfag and I can tell you that it's almost exactly the same as it's always been. Feels like there's a lot more shitposting these days as everyone's gotten older and more cynical, but there have ALWAYS been stupid console wars here. Always.
>>
Sony fan here, not even gonna lie, just prefer the sony exclusives and consoles compared to other consoles.

In 06 ps3 did have no games, in fact it had no games till like 08 or 09, then it just exploded and got lots of great games, both first and third party.

But as much as /v/ loves to claim that it hates memes, anyone who has been here for more then a few days know thats not true at all and /v/ actually loves memes.
So after the 2-3 years of people yelling NO GAEMS, it just stuck and stayed like that.

And its obvious why the ps4 is gonna go through the same thing, I own a ps4, enjoy it a lot, but its been just over 2 years since its launch and it has what, like 4-5 first party games? Only 1 of which is great in my opinion(Bloodborne) and 1 of which is good(Second Son), the rest arn't really bad games, they're just mediocre, nothing memorable.

I think that no matter whether you like consoles or pc's and even though the Wii sold better and the 360 sold about the same and looked better for most multiplats its easy to say the ps3 was the best console last gen.
>>
>>330272728
You have to stick with the English dub in P5, you can just patch the Jap audio in on PS3
>>
>>330273421
>2007
sony fags vs micorosft fags/nintendo fags

>2016
sony fags vs pc fags/nintendo fags

not much has changed, but now it's bannable offense wish I which the mods actually enforced so retards like you would fuck off
>>
File: 1442974553824.jpg (71 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
1442974553824.jpg
71 KB, 384x313
>>330273306
but you said ps3 had no games though? Yet NOW all of a sudden everyone magically has a PS3 to play "no gaems." Not only that, but not even giving the foresight for in a ps4 for these upcoming years. I see all the time people here saying "oh no ace combat 7, nioh, gravity rush 2, yakuza 6, and ni no kuni 2! Goddammit, Sony!! I don't want a ps4, but you're making me get one."

Well, why don't you want a ps4 if /v/ praises the shit out of the ps2? Also, why is the xbone irrelevant if the majority of /v/ had a 360 last gen and was loyal to that shitting on ps3 no games?
>>
My console/gaming history looks like this.

>1. PS1
First console, mainly Crash, Tekken and racing games, still too young to get into more complex games at the time.

>2. PC
Monkey Island, Blues Brothers, Age Of Empires, discovery of sex.com

>3. PS2
My second console and one of the best consoles, Kingdom Hearts, FFX, Gran Turismo, Tekken, Rachet & Clank, Jak, Metal Gear Solid etc. These games defined my childhood.

>4. PC again
Although I got into PC alongside PS2, it deserves a mention.

Counter Strike, Half Life, Portal, WOW, Ragnarok, Maplestory and other mmo's/alternative games defined gaming for me during this time, a time when the Internet was basically just starting and everybody and everything on it was fucking awesome and funny and chill. The rise of the internet largely cemented me into PC gaming at this time. I also started playing early AAA multiplats like Assasins Creed, started playing indie and web browser flash games and basically got converted to join the PC MATSERRACE and developed a huge bias against consoles and thought they were for plebs. It's unsurprising now that I gradually lost interest in gaming as time went on not realizing the quality of software I was playing was also shitty and eventually dropped gaming all together to be a normie.

cont.

1/2
>>
>>330274045

>5. 3DS
Decide to get back into gaming around 2013 and rode in on Nostalgia for Pokemon and the allure of Nintendo gaming for casual, easy-going fun. I think what Nintendo had everything I wanted and was going to scratch my gmaing itch. Aside from Pokemon and Layton, I remained quite unsatisfied was still searching for something more while playing PC still.

>6. wiiU
Decided to try and jump back into consoles and thought the wiiU would be a great choice, long story short, it wasn't. Two hour platformers with child oriented difficulty, these games failed to engage me even on the most basic level. It is my most regretted purchase to this day, it's a console basically designed for 5 year olds.

>7. PS4
I finally decide to go back to Playstation to see if Playstation had what I was looking for and following /v/'s advice, I purchased Bloodborne as my first game and I really didn't have any idea what I was getting into other than it was a scary and dark horrorish game and...

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Bloodborne basically caused explosion of emotions, feelings, amazement, awe and a feeling that I had not experience from gaming in years. It completely took me by surprise and just blew my fucking mind away, completely. That game was an excellently paced slow decent into madness, the game continuously got better as you played it, I mean I really have no words for the excicement that game provided me for video games again. From there I bought a PS3 and decided to work through the backlog of the last generation I missed out on and low and behold, another library of excellent games I missed out on simply exist, right there for the taking.

2/2
>>
>>330273972
>but you said ps3 had no games though?

Are you one of those faggots that seriously gets mad at that meme? Holy shit it's been almost 10 years. Get over it you whiny bitch

>>330274045
literally no one cares
>>
>>330273972

You are new as fuck if you wonder why /v/ doesn't own Xbones

Coming from someone who plans to get one
>>
>>330274201
but you were microsoft FANS last gen. So what the fuck happened? Did all of them magically disappear and/or dwindle? Where did they go?
>>
>>330273972
They just don't want a ps4 cause its got shit all at the moment.
The PS4 actually has loads of cool looking shit coming for it, but that the issue, coming, not here now.

But at the moment, as of right now, if you own a pc or xbone there is no real BIG reason to own a ps4 unless you're a FROM fan.
I'm totally happy with mine cause my pc is shit, so I play all my multiplats on my ps4, but for those whole play their multiplats on another platform and would only be interested in a ps4 for the exclusives/stuff not on their platform, there isn't a reason to get one for a good couple months yet.

But the damage has already been done, the ps4 has gone 2 years without many exclusives, so just like the ps3 it will probably still be said to have no games for years to come.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 187x270) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 187x270
PS3 because I had three fucking 360s shit out on me. My 60gb fat PS3 finally died last year. I baby my systems too.

>first 360 gets RRoD and refurbished by MS
>same refurb gets RRoD again and I shelve it
>get slim 360 hoping it'll be solid
>wifi stops working and disc tray starts hanging
>give the system away to a friend

Never buying another MS console.
>>
File: 1438338404596-0.jpg (41 KB, 640x664) Image search: [Google]
1438338404596-0.jpg
41 KB, 640x664
>>330270792
Its simple.

Some of us had a PC back when 360 and ps3 was a thing, some still do own a PC.
Its popular to shit on playstation because its a non nintendo console, no one cares about xbox anymore since it only has some few games. While the ps4 also has some few games so its fun to shit on the few games part on ps4 and say it has non.

Even tough I've seen so much butthurt over bloodborne and people claiming that dark souls 3 is better even tough I doubt most of them have played the beta, so its an interesting shitposting contest to watch.
I personally don't care, I am done with ps3 and switched over to ps4 and xbone. Currently playing dragon quest builders and the more and more I play that game the more I feel Autistic.
>>
>>330274423
Dat 43% failure rate son, lots of people got ps3's, even more picked them up after dealing with their 360's breaking down, then the new consoles were announced and MS hit the trifecta of being more expensive, less powerful and always online, so a large majority of 360 owners moved to the ps4.
>>
>>330274423

Microsoft fans have barely existed. Buying a console doesn't earn a company my loyalty, especially in the face of what they tried to pull. I didn't get a fuckif Xbox logo tatooed on my chest, it was just cheaper at the time and had some nice games.
>>
>>330274423
People jumped ship due to a combination of
>360 having fucking nothing throughout the second half of it's life
>RRODs everywhere
>PS3 and PC getting enhanced versions of some of 360's best exclusives
>XBL going up in price while Microsoft actually removes features and benefits like group watching on Netflix or subscriber exclusive titles like 1 vs 100
>the entire Xbone fiasco
>>
>>330270792
P5 is going to be the GOAT, lads.
>>
>>330273032
>I was only pretending
It's almost like you're such a redditor you don't understand it's still obnoxious and unfunny even if it's done "ironically".
>>
>>330270792
>Literally no one had a pc back in 03

THEN WHO WAS POST?

Seriously though, computers have come a long way since 2003. Now even $300 shitboxes can run a bunch of games on lowest settings, along with the benefits of having a usable work station.

Also nogaems was (and still is) a fucking meme, you faggot. I owned a PS3 and even I went along with nogaems. It's like Nintendo is Fisher Price for babies and Xbox is for dorito snarfing dudebros. People are just fingering your butthole for laughs and evidently it worked. You're still salty after 12 years.
>>
>>330274423
E3 2013 happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzDsYEPkSc4
>>
>>330275180
but /v/ is smart enough to keep up with news, so they know most of that stuff was repealed. Evident in the fact that /v/ still calls Sony the worst company on Earth even though Microsoft was trying to push all of that shit at their reveal.
>>
>>330270792
>Literally no one had a pc back in 03 or last gen

I've been here on and off since 2005 and you have to be THE dumbest twat OP I've seen
>>
>>330276003
by pc he meant gaymen pc. not office desktop only fit to use word ad excel.
>>
>>330270792
Have you ever shitposted so hard you took yourself seriously?
Go get help, OP.

The esophagus is for air not cocks.

NOGAEMS died when the NGP/NoGamesPortable/Vita got announced, and by then Demons souls was reason enough for people to pick up a cheap second hand PS3 for less than 100 bucks.

The fact that Persona 5 is coming to PS3 at all makes me happy. I mean, sure, one less reason to inch my savings towards a PS4, but it'll come in time when the PissFo will be cheap and have a good library. I hope.
>>
Fucking kill yourself OP.
>>
>>330276330
Maybe don't spout memes 24/7 like retards and you wouldn't have people like OP.
>>
>>330276330
>>330276676
well tell me this then. when did /v/ go all pcmasterrace? because there were a million shit ports around '06-'09 and steam didn't look too hot back then. Not only that, but what happened to all your prior consoles since you switched to pc and say you'd rather glitchily emulate ace combat and put yourself through that torture on pcsx2?

Did all your consoles from nes to 360 just magically disappear? did your crt tv's just magically disappear? what the fuck happened? lunacy and chaos is what happened. people are losing their minds.
>>
>>330277289
/v/ has always been PC master race you newfag
>>
>>330277505
no it hasn't if 360 was the dominant platform last gen. name a single pc-related meme from last gen.
>>
>>330273421
I've been with this shithole for over a decade, and the console war bullshit has always been extremely prevalent. The only changing factors are which consoles are shat on. In the same vein, once it gets to the war of the PS5/Xbox Whatever/NX, people will be pretty accepting of the current consoles because they're no longer actively being supported by devs (meaning that discussion can focus on what consoles have rather than what they could potentially have). The Reddit boogeyman has always been here too, although it's taken different forms over the years (ebaumsworld, Neogaf, etc.). The only major difference I've noticed is that in the last few years, there's been an influx of shitty /pol/ attitudes and buzzwords seeping into the rest of the site.
>>
File: Persona 2 Story.webm (299 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Persona 2 Story.webm
299 KB, 320x240
>>
>>330270792
I got a Vita a few years back just to play Persona 3 & Persona 4 Golden. Best gaming decision I have ever made. I'm now also planning on buying a PS4 to play Persona 5 as well as FFXV, Star Ocean 5 and Nier Automata.
>>
>>330270792
> Literally no one had a pc back in 03 or last gen so what the fuck happened?
A you a retard? I had pcs since 1990, and pc kicked console as hands down since mid-ps2 lifecycle
>>
>>330276174
Every pc is gaming PC if your brave enough
>>
I owned a 360 because my friends had one, wish I got a PS3 instead because I don't like getting things used.

sold my 360 for a PS4, mostly just to play Senran Kagura, Persona 5 and Project Diva.
>>
>>330270792
It's simple OP: people who like japanese games usually buy playstation consoles(assuming they don't have a PC).

The people who said PS3 didn't have games back in '07 were those Halo/Gears 13yo whose first fallout was 3.

It's an completely different demographic.
>>
>>330270792
I had a 360 last gen, though I actually wanted the PS3 more until Halo 3 came out.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.