[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
N3DS eshop ban
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: new3dsxl.0.jpg (29 KB, 660x426) Image search: [Google]
new3dsxl.0.jpg
29 KB, 660x426
I need help /v/, I purchased a pre owned N3DS XL today, and when i tried to log out of the NNID, I get an error that prevents me. The error code is 005-5964, which is an eshop ban. I tried formatting, the ban blocked me, i tried deleting the id, and the ban still blocked me. I tried to call Nintendo about this issue, and they were basically no help at all :/ What should i do? is there a way to hard reset or reset it via a hack?
>>
Why were you banned?
>>
You tried to install CFW, didn't you
>>
>>330268232
no, I didn't try to do anything. i got the error when trying to log out of the NNID
>>
>>330268165
I wasn't. The previous owner was banned for doing something suspicious with the eshop
>>
>>330268497
Reformat it and make a new account dingus
>>
Return that shit and get a new one
>>
Do you know the previous owner? Did you buy it online? Ask for a refund.
>>
>>330268576
I have tried formatting the system. the ban prevents me from doing this though.
>>
>>330268107
>I tried to call Nintendo about this issue, and they were basically no help at all :/
I call bullshit. Not only because you use emotes like a queer but also because, if you get banned, Nintendo exactly knows why and, if you were banned by error, they would help you immediately.
You don't want to tell us why you got banned.
>>
Figure I'd ask here, I saw yesterday that up to 10.6 can be hacked now. Does this mean I could go and grab a normal n3ds from the store and do all the steps?

I am literally retarded, but I have a copy of OoT. This seemed better than buying a 9.2 n3ds off ebay for 100$ extra.

Also, does installing a CFW let me still use spotpass and stuff? I liked fucking peoples FE squads at campus.
>>
>>330268854
They told me why I was banned. They also said that to lift the ban they'd have to speak with the original credit card holder, but I have no idea who the original owner is.
>>
>>330269005
>Figure I'd ask here
There's a /vg/ thread for all that shit.
>>
I got hit with that error code myself, but in my case, it was because I bought a code off eBay for Ocarina of Time 3DS for $20. The credit card that the seller apparently used to generate the code charged back, and I got hit three months later, when I tried to buy the Mario Maker stage from the eShop for Sm4sh.

Thankfully, I kept all of my notes and e-mails from the purchase, so Nintendo sided with me and restored my account while PayPal got me my money back. Hope the same happens to you.
>>
Try entering recovery mode? But stop being a faggot and throw cfw on it
>>
>>330270848
how would i install cfw? wouldn't it need menuhax or ninjhax or something?
>>
>>330268854
They wouldn't help him because he bought a preowned system. They're under no obligation to help him because he's not their customer.
>>
>>330270942
Are you on 10.6? You'll need Cubic ninja or OOT + Powersaves
Are you on 10.5? You already have everything you need
>>>/vg/hbg
read the op and go through the pastebins before asking questions there
>>
>>330271249
Meant to say 10.5 or under, 10.6 is the only firmware you're kinda screwed on atm
Luckily 10.4-10.5 hax were just release literal hours ago
>>
>>330268107
Thought I'd ask here

So I have a hard drive with my wii u
I still have about 10 gb left on the wii u but it only saves on my hard drive
Id like to move my save over to the wii u but it gives me a rewrite warning saying my save could be deleted upon moving

Am I safe moving it?
>>
>>330268107
Its a console ban
You're fucked
>>
>>330271527
>rewrite warning

so you have two saves? are you save scumming in splatoon m8
>>
>>330271736
No I saved on tp HD with my hard drive in my wii u
I don't know how there are 2 saves because when I take my hard drive out and start up tp HD my save file isn't there
>>
>>330271374
that kinda sucks. I guess I'll have to wait for an exploit to release.
>>
File: 1457263232752.jpg (85 KB, 473x631) Image search: [Google]
1457263232752.jpg
85 KB, 473x631
>>330268107
Just wait for the opportunity to downgrade and CFW that shit. It's not your fault Nintendo wont accept you as a customer.
>>
This is the exact reason people should pirate Nintendo things. They're incompetent idiots.
>>
Give it back, Jamal.
>>
>>330272562
I'm kinda a noob at downgrading a n3ds. how exactly would i go about doing that?
>>
>>330272562
shouldn't the cheese grater be flipped around
>>
>>330272941
Wait till you see a headline about whatever firmware you're currently on being exploited. There's always going to be guides you can google from there. It's not hard, just wait someone do it on youtube or something to get a feel of what the process is like, then wait till you can. I'm assuming you're on the most recent firmware.
>>
>>330272941
Go read /hbg/ over on /vg/.
>>
>>330268815
What system version?
>>
>>330273098
yes. I'm on 10.6 currently. So when I exploit and install the cfw, will that allow me to get back online and install updates? or is it just for pirating and stuff?
>>
>>330273198
>>
>>330272868
How is this a case of Nintendo being incompetent by banning pirates?
>>
Return it, Tyrone.
>>
>>330268107
What country you from?
Is the 3DS from the same region?
>>
>>330273459
just to add something. I found out the original owner (friend) got banned because he attempted to enter a credit card some dude on /b/ showed off.
>>
>>330273639
yes. I live in US
>>
>>330273305
You're free to make any purchases you want, but at the end of the day if you can't even update your games, your safest bet to actually play games on that 3DS is going to be playing .cia files.

Probably doesn't sound optimal if you've never done anything like this before like with a PSP or something, but that's the best you can do with a DS in that state.
>>
>>330273781 I used to take advantage of ironhax back when that was a thing, but i haven't tried installing a cfw before. shouldn't be too hard though.
>>
>>330273663
Yes, sure thing. I'm sure it was your "friend" who is responsible for this mess.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.