[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /v/ thinks about titanfall?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 930.0x524.0.jpg (101 KB, 930x524) Image search: [Google]
930.0x524.0.jpg
101 KB, 930x524
what does /v/ thinks about titanfall?
>>
I loved it even despite lacking of single player
>>
Fun, tight controls. Still think it needed a single player campaign as it would have drawn more people to play multiplayer. As it is now it feels like half a game.

I also wish there was more to mech customization. I like mech games where you can construct your own unique looking and operating mechs.
>>
It was fucking great. It was like every aspect of the multiplayer worked well together.
The weapons were well balanced, there was a really strong difference in how you'd play as a pilot and in a robot. A combined arms nature with a david and goliath adversity.
Being in a titan wasn't some short lived power fantasy killstreak but a very powerful yet particularly vulnerable tool that required a good deal of skill to have it last an entire match.
Instead of it just being a "fast" lateral movement game like quake, it had a load of mobility with its chained wallrunning and jumpjets.

If only it weren't Origin only.
>>
Does it still exist

It and evolve were giant marketing things centered on multiplayer but I haven't heard jack in ages
>>
>>330258258
sequel is on the way
>>
>>330258371
evolve or titanfall?
>>
File: 543124532534.gif (485 KB, 250x176) Image search: [Google]
543124532534.gif
485 KB, 250x176
>>330258181
>The weapons were well balanced
That auto pistol was bullshit though. If I can get top kills in a game on pc using a controller, shit's broke as fuck.
>>
>>330258391
titanfall
>>
>>330257596
>despite lacking of single player
Bf and cod singleplayers are fucking terrible, what makes you think titanfall would be any better
>>
>>330258536
The game actually had somewhat of an interesting story. It's presentation is just fucking awful.
>>
>>330258745
>story
So you want another cutscene qte fest? AAA devs dont know how to marry gameplay and story together
>>
still play it from time to time
can't wait for the sequel
>>
Spent 200 hours playing it during its first month. Burned out after that but had a great time until then.

Glad to hear the second game will have a Single Player campaign.

>>330258395
Means you were playing against scrubs. I'd kick your fucking ass.
>>
>>330259073
>So you want another cutscene qte fest?
No, why would I want that?
>>330259073
>AAA devs dont know how to marry gameplay and story together
Thanks for agreeing with me.
>>
>>330259073
>what is witcher 3
>>
>>330259257
So if you agree with that why do you want titanfall to have a campaign?
>>330259421
A roleplaying game
>>
>>330259249
The smart pistols strength wasn't it's ability to kill players(though it could pretty well) its strength was the ability to make any attrition game last 2 minutes.
>>
If the smartpistol wouldn't be in the game, I'd still play it till today.
I hope they remove it in Titanfall 2.
>>
>>330259549
>inb4 smart sniper rifle
>>
>>330259249
>200 hours
>during its first month
that's scary
>>
>>330257439
Good game
>>
They really fucked it up by using the Source engine and not having any anti-cheat system in place at launch.
>>
>>330259485
>So if you agree with that why do you want titanfall to have a campaign?
Because your statement is true that AAA devs don't know how to marry gameplay and story together. The way Titanfall tells it's story is one example of this.

Given that that is true, even a shitty single player campaign would be better than the discombobulated mess we were given.
>>
WHO CARES ABOUT A SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN
>>
/v/irgins dissmised it because it was 2kewl4skool to hate xbone titles. When it came to pc, the damage was allready done. Shame, it is a solid game and advance warfare better a year prior to it and with motherrucking mechs. Tight as fuck, on xbone and pc
>>
Besides the auto-pistol nonsense, I had fun, the problem is the gameplay was tight, but lacked depth, which is why its fairly dead. Glad to hear its getting a sequel that has a single-player campaign.
>>
>>330257439
The most boring cool game ever
Made me lose all hope in any game with a neat concept
>>
>>330260312
>When it came to pc
It came to pc at the same time didnt it? Even had free open beta on pc
>>
>>330259689
It was a really addictive game. I had a great time with it. As I said, though, I burned out on it after that. Tried playing it again when they had the Horde Mode added in, but I just couldn't bother.

Give me Titanfall 2.
>>
>>330260312
It came out the exact same day on both PC and Xbone...
>>
>>330260472
>>330260796
Yeah? I somehow missed it entirely on pc from the get go and assumed it camed a couple of months after xboner version. My bad.
>>
File: 1399606337440.jpg (99 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1399606337440.jpg
99 KB, 900x675
>>330259630
please god no
>>
>>330258745
It's a shame the outcome of the matches you play didn't effect the ultimate outcome of the story, there was proper potential for branching story paths.

There are 9 Campaign maps which could have obvious story hooks depending on who wins, but as always the nuke always goes off in the battle of demeter.
>>
Titanfall of Duty: Modern Robots 2
>>
>titanfail
>>
Dumped over 500 hours into it but it really did lack some diversity after a while. Still was fun as fuck though.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.