[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Characters that got ruined in the sequel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: Flemeth DA2.jpg (157 KB, 1178x1076) Image search: [Google]
Flemeth DA2.jpg
157 KB, 1178x1076
ITT: Characters that got ruined in the sequel
>>
>>330256118
Pic not related?
I liked her better in 2.
>>
>>330256353

Kill yourself.
>>
>>330256118
Is there an explanation to her whole plot about raising Morrigan to take over her body in Origins? And coming back from the dead if you killed her like I did?
>>
>>330256493

About as much explanation there is for Leliana still being alive after you killed her.
>>
>>330256607
Apparently they actually explain that in Inquisition. Never killed her tho so that doesn't really concern me. Flemeth on the other hand I have killed. I guess I'll find out eventually. Playing through Origins and I'm planning to do the sequels as well. See what it's all about. Not expecting much from 2 but I heard some good things about 3 so I'm cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>330256456
no u
>>
>>330257098
>heard some good things about 3
Mostly lies. The only thing 3 had going for it was pretty environments and some nice particle effects.
2 on the other hand gets more shit than it deserves but /v/ will never admit it.
>>
>Thought Flemeth would be the big antagonist of Dragon Age
>Gets groped to death by some bald faggot elf
Eh
>>330257457
2 is good because it lets you go full Deus Vult and oppress Mage scum
>>
>>330257583
I would have preferred more Flemeth to having that bald elf becoming super important. The entire elf lore in these games is stupid and it sucks that it's become the main story element.
>>
>>330256493
Yes.

>>330256607
There is an attempt at an explanation though.

Epilogue (in Trespasser I think?) confirms the lyrium is what kept Leliana alive and she's basically a confirmed nutjob at it's beck and call now.
>>
File: SS time.jpg (123 KB, 840x525) Image search: [Google]
SS time.jpg
123 KB, 840x525
>>330257098
If by "explain" you mean "give you a throwaway line because it has fuck all to do with the NEW story", then yes. That entire story with Flemeth, Morrigan and her ritual essentially got nuked to something-something- retcon because Flemeth has entirely unrelated purpose in DAI just so they can shoehorn her character into the game. Morrigan is treated pretty much the same.
>>
>>330256353
She looked better, yes.
>>
>>330257739
For all the praise people give to Inquisition's DLC, because it is better than base game, there are some bullshit retcons going on down there. The Descent in particular fucks up dwarves as a race.
>>
>>330257938
>The Descent in particular fucks up dwarves as a race
How? It just confirmed what was already implied.
>>
>>330257098
they don't explain so much as call it out. she doesn't know what, why or how she survived, she just 'did' after the hero left her for dead.
>>
>>330257761
I don't know why but in that pic the boy looks like Sera to me. Maybe it's the dsl.
>>
>>330258151
There was not a goddamn thing implied about that bullshit and you know it.
>>
>>330257457
As much as I love DA:O it was by no means perfect which a lot of people here seem to claim. Maybe we just have different tastes but I honestly feel like most people who love DA:O romanticize it. I know it's been 7 years now but come on.

>>330257761
That's sort of the problem when you write story as you go and don't plan anything out and then have a popularity contest of which characters will make an appearance which BioWare does heavily.
In any case it's not like Morrigan is the centerpiece to DA:O and I really hope she's not a centerpiece to Inquisition.
>>
>>330258151
How was all the fuckery with Titans implied beforehand?
>>
File: 1387759913646.jpg (2 MB, 1208x903) Image search: [Google]
1387759913646.jpg
2 MB, 1208x903
>>330256118
>>
File: 258.jpg (220 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
258.jpg
220 KB, 1920x1080
>>330258291
She's not. Just shows up and helps you for a bit.
>>
File: BACK TO THE FORMULA.jpg (178 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BACK TO THE FORMULA.jpg
178 KB, 1920x1080
>>330258291
But her story is certainly built up to be something ominous and possibly really big. And then you meet her mongoloid son and he's SO important him not being there doesn't change anything. Bioware seriously needs to drop this shitty "we need to address previous decisions with token lip service" bullshit and actually make imported decisions matter. Same if Loghain is alive in your world state - he just replaces another warden you would otherwise interact. Lazy as fuck.
>>
>>330257098
Please tell me you're gonna pirate
>>
File: Mercer.jpg (156 KB, 877x542) Image search: [Google]
Mercer.jpg
156 KB, 877x542
>>
>>330258291
>then have a popularity contest of which characters will make an appearance which BioWare does heavily.

but that's fucking retarded. telltale also does it and it sabotages their stories all the time.
>>
>>330258660
>imported decisions matter
I don't think neither BioWare or their fans actually understand what this should mean. It is a monumental task to do it well and they would probably be a lot better to start over with a new world and new stories but they have brand to sell.
>>330258803
I bought Origins a long time ago and I think I bought all the DLC as well but I just run a pirated version since it's easier and quicker to install. The cool thing is that I can still login and have all my subclasses unlocked. I definitely don't plan on buying 2 but I might buy 3, if I'll even have to motivation to try it. Apparently you can't use the Keep if you don't have a legit copy and even though the importing thing seems to be pretty irrelevant I'd still like to do it.

>>330259038
Mass Effect is a prime example of what happens when you can't decide between fanservice and doing what you want without any feedback. That and overambition given the deadlines imposed.
>>
>>330258660
I did at least appreciate that the reason Loghain and Alistair could take the place of the random Warden is to make the final decision regarding them harder to make for you as a player. Other than that though there was little point to them, yes. The best cameo of a character, or anything really, from another DA was Hawke because Hawke is always an important factor in the game no matter what, you can't just decide for Hawke to not be in the game.
>>
>>330259038
Bioware also has this weird thing now of picking one waifu to make the most important companion of the series, i.e Liara and Leliana. Both are in all of their respective series' main games, both have become more and more important in their game universes, both can be the bisexual waifu of the PC...
>>
>>330260286
You play 3 different characters in the Dragon Age games. Can you actually romance her in all three games? With Liara you are at least playing the same person and her role in relation to Shepard is pretty clear.
>>
>>330260530
I was thinking of mentioning that difference but thought against it. Leliana is the Warden's LI, no one else can romance her. But her romance does span throughout the games, just not visibly like it is with every other DA:O romance. Difference with her is because she's such an important figure now you see slightly more of her romance than the others, especially in DA:I.
>>
>>330259015
Fucking yes
>>
>>330256493
Flemeth is actually (via possession) Mythal, Goddess of Justice and Vengeance of the Elvhen people. Or she was, before she sacrificed her essence to give Solas (the Dread Wolf) more power to fuel his world cleansing/Elven uprising.

Good luck killing a fucking god, bucko. And she misled Morrigan into thinking she needed to be possessed, because she's a little shit. In truth, Mythal's soul can never be forced upon the unwilling. "You were never in danger from me, child."
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.