[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gunvolt Thoughts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Chad Jockblocking Geeves.png (100 KB, 324x327) Image search: [Google]
Chad Jockblocking Geeves.png
100 KB, 324x327
What are /v/s thoughts on Azure Striker Gunvolt? I personally found it good.
>>
>>330254245
I think the game is inherently flawed in a lot of its facets. It fails to understand what makes action platformers good, despite inti creates having made MegaMan ZX.

It has an obnoxious scoring system which requires perfection, and random revivals which don't even let you die and restart when you fail your perfect run.

It features a shitty crafting system where you grind stages for materials and gain some powers which should have been integrated into the game's progression rather than the crafting system.

All the alternate weapons are fucking bullshit, and you have to go to such lengths to switch weapons that it's just not worth it.
Your basic shot does so little damage, and the lightning orb attack is not satisfying to use. It forces you to stop going fast. There's no melee option, so you just have to set up your DoT and sit around for a while.

Being hit overly punishes you, because it reduces all aspects of your movement and damage while taking away your score multiplier. It doesn't leave you in a neutral, if damaged, state. It leaves you in a helpless state and serves to make you feel like your character is a damn wimp.

The second game has special moves. One of them is dual drills. I'm hyped.
>>
File: Split+Lightning.png (175 KB, 308x358) Image search: [Google]
Split+Lightning.png
175 KB, 308x358
>>330254907
>>
>when OP abandons a thread and only one person is interested
>>
>>330255929
No, OP is still here
>>
>>330256072
So, nothing to say in response? I've been keeping your thread afloat.
I guess no one else cares for the game.
>>
>>330256168
Nah, just playing the game right now, so I'm a bit distracted
>>
>>330254907
Well, remember, only Copen has those special moves. I'm sure GV will be compensated somehow.
>>
>>330256379
Copen's the only dude I'm gonna use.
...Hopefully they allow usage of both characters throughout the whole game.
>>
>>330256536
Yeah, Copen is generally awesome. What do you think some Amiibo for GV would be? I'm thinking Geeves would get a free resurrection daily(think Chibi-Robo) and a Copen Amiibo would give you his gun and it stuns enemies, a bit like draining their septima.
>>
>>330256695
Geeves... Best nickname.
Sounds like a neat idea, but I'd rather not have more games hop on the physical DLC bandwagon Nintendo's starting up.
>>
>>330257147
I personally like the Amiibo. I mean, where are you going to find figurines for Captain Falcon that(at retail price) are $12.99? And I mean, GV is an indie game, figurines and merch currently exists as buttons and a t-shirt/hoodie.
>>
File: 1447448507519.jpg (22 KB, 533x477) Image search: [Google]
1447448507519.jpg
22 KB, 533x477
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnWbv00SO1M
>>
Did they ever patched in all that dialogue they didn't bother translating for the localized version?
>>
>>330257454
This better be worth making me give Game Theorist money.
>>
>>330257508
Steam version has it.
>>
>>330257508
Still waiting for that patch.
Wasn't there someone in a thread a few weeks ago discussing how many hoops and hurdles you have to jump through to get a patch to be given the go-ahead by Nintendo?
>>
>>330257565
>he doesn't use adblock
>>
>>330257565
>Miku Hatsune in the thumbnail with image of HAL-9000 lazily slapped over her eye
What do you think?
Every time I'm looking at Gunvolt videos on Youtube, I avoid this one like the plague.
>>
>>330257753
I do but watching large percentages of videos gives them money, last I checked.
>>
>>330257797
TL;DR: Miku lady and other vocaloids are... I dunno, popstars thus have control over people? It's basically, Japanese pop stars are Japanese thus nothing like American pop stars.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.