[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://shoryuken.com/2016/03/08/rad iant-entertainment-joins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
http://shoryuken.com/2016/03/08/radiant-entertainment-joins-riot-games-rising-thunder-shutting-down/

Sorry if there is already a thread on this, couldn't find any if so.

So riot buys out a fighting game that incorporates 4 abilities and Cooldowns, cans the game, and repurposes the studio (radiant) to create a minecraft clone on steam. Am I getting all this right?
>>
none of it
>>
Don't they have to agree to being bought? Why don't you blame the studio owners?
>>
>>330248360
Who should I be angry at?
>>
>>330248893
Yourself for thinking you should be angry over games you don't play
>>
>>330248986
But I did play rising thunder?
>>
>>330248089
>and repurposes the studio (radiant) to create a minecraft clone on steam
Okay, that's the first I've heard of it. The fuck is going on?
>>
>>330248089
and nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>330248089
>This is the state of PC fightan
>>
>>330248089
it can't be dead if it was never really born in the first place.

god i am so sick of early access

like really
>>
>>330248089
>Mr Wizard claiming this game would revolutionize EVO by having attacks on cooldown
>didn't even manage to release the game
>>
Played the alpha, it was incredibly shallow and boring. It was neat that somebody tried the concept of a brainless fighter, but it not succeeding shouldn't be that big of a surprise.

With Riot's backing, maybe we'll get a League fightan. I don't much care for League, but any game with 120+ characters has potential.
>>
Threads about Rising Thunder didn't last a week on /v/ after the game released, they should be happy someone was willing to buy the studio at all.
>>
File: dis gun b gud.gif (3 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
dis gun b gud.gif
3 MB, 500x500
>>330248360
>Don't they have to agree to being bought?

I think in this case yes, but in most cases only the people in charge have to agree.
And in some, nobody has to agree, forceful takeovers happen when a company is on the stock market and has sold away more than 50% of its shares to fund its projects.
Some shark just gathers all the shares from the thousands of small holders and gets a majority, then kicks out the old board and establishes control.
Its whats happening to Ubisoft in the following months as Vivendi eats them.
>>
>>330248089
The problems with Rising Thunder were the same as most fighting games. Removing the execution barrier did little to alleviate them

>Matchmaking is still fucking terrible, Yes I would like to face off against Diamond ranks as a lowly Bronze 10 times in a row
>Fundamentals could literally win you matches with the execution gone. That meant it's potential audience of FGC newbies would get stomped by any veteran coming in from other games

Also fuck Riot Games.
>>
>>330250536
>average fag posting in sfv threads asking for arcade mode .txt
>>
>>330248089
Wasnt this supposed to defeat street fighter?
>>
>>330252582
>he fell for the wow-killer meme
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.