[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how does /v/ deal with grinding in rpgs? I sometimes put
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 1455535212803.jpg (174 KB, 819x745) Image search: [Google]
1455535212803.jpg
174 KB, 819x745
So how does /v/ deal with grinding in rpgs?

I sometimes put on a podcast and grind in short 25 minute bursts.
>>
>>330245619
>grinding
>smt pic
nigga what
>>
>>330245619
I just throw on a couple records and mute the game and smoke some bowls.

I usually listen to live records that are a couple hours long so it makes the grinding feel a lot less tedious. More like something to do with my eyes and hands while listening to the music
>>
>>330245619
>So how does /v/ deal with grinding in rpgs?
By not playing those that require it.
>>
Any game which requires grinding doesn't deserve to be played
>>
>tfw you have Hikawas hairline
>>
>>330245674
DDS is pretty grind heavy
>>
Listen to my favorite songs while grinding. Works everytime.
>>
>>330246481
DDS2 is especially bad if you ignore certain party members
>>
>>330245898
this is the correct answer

if i literally have to occupy myself with something else because the game is not fun, i rather not even play the fucking game
>>
i grind rpg handhelds while i watch basebore
>>
currently trying to reset for 99 warp spheres in ffx and that's a bitch. two screens are the only thing keeping me sane.
>>
>>330245619
> open up " game X trainer" on chrome
> download trainer
> use "Mega EXP" a few times
> continue game as normal
nah pham I understand game developers sometimes need to lengthen the game, but if they drop these "EXP Walls" enough times, I just cheat and continue with the game.
Not really an RPG, but in MetaƧ Gear Solid V I used a trainer so I could fully use every tool the game gave you. I didn't want my full playthrough consisting of using the same silenced automatic rifle and a tranquilizer gun.
>>
>>330245619
>Playing Persona 3 P on emulator
>Got addicted to the RT fast forward function
>Literally just go through lesser levels with characters I know can hit for shit
>Hold RT run back and forth and mash A

It feels like cheating, even though its not really, it still feels dirty. Even so, the games been taking me well over a week to do even with that function, and I can only imagine how much longer it'd have taken otherwise.

It also eliminates brain fart fuckery where I don't save for like a full 3 hours and die because JUNPEI GOT FUCKING CHARMED AND ONE SHOT ME OUT OF NOWHERE.
Without the fast forward function, i'd have probably dropped the game already.
>>
How does /v/ deal with nonsensical mazelike dungeons full of enemies that use poison-all, death-all, and suicide bombing attacks?
>>
>>330247423
abuse save states
>>
>>330247423
a healer
>>
>>330245619
if an rpg needs you to grind it's a bad game

if you need to grind in an rpg you're bad at the game

you should never ever have to grind in an rpg
>>
>>330245619
>Grinding
Turn it off and play something else
If I ever have to grind to beat something nowadays I give up on it and play something else. I did way too much of that on pokemon as a baby to ever do it again
>>
>>330247001
it's taken you a week because you're level grinding against chump enemies on the weaker levels, whats wrong with you

you get way more exp for fighting enemies at or above your level
>>
>>330246481
>>330246589
>Take an SMT game
>Remove the better aspect of it

I still loved them back then, but I had to grind so fucking much near the end that it wasn't even fun.
>>
File: game clear.png (406 KB, 800x960) Image search: [Google]
game clear.png
406 KB, 800x960
>>330245619
by not doing it
>>
>>330248508
I'm well aware of that
I just mean for small scale shit because I left out Yukari for a long time since the new members started joining, she was like 10 levels beneath whoever was second lowest, and always died on first turn in any of the higher levels. I just needed to get her about 2 or 3 levels higher so she could at least survive one hit.

The only time I abuse the fast forward function when grinding in the lower levels isn't grinding for the EXP, but the items.
Its nice being able to just run through and scoop up whatever loot I need super quick so I can move on with the fucking Elizabeth quests.
>>
>>330248873
if someone is 10 levels behind the curve they can get like 2-3 levels in one fight because of how exp scales
>>
Podcasts are really a grinder's best friend.
>>
File: Desu.png (201 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
Desu.png
201 KB, 500x378
>>330245619
I put on music that fits with the game. SMT games get M-Flo, Romancing SaGa games get Valkyrie Profile's ost, FFX gets the soundtrack to Tony Hawk Pro Skater, LISA gets assorted prog rock. Every other game is a variable.
>>
>>330250106
please recommend some good podcasts, they would be extremely helpful
>>
>>330248615
The problem with DDS1 and 2 is that you have three things to be gaining: exp, macca and atma points and they weren't balanced very well. You'll hit lvl 99 well before you're close to getting every mantra and the prices on some of the higher tier mantras are insane.
>>
>>330248713
Is this supposed to be impressive
>>
>>330250873
Roosterteeth Podcast
Super Best Friendscast
Internet Box
Co-optional podcast

all slightly video-game related podcasts
>>
>>330252420
Not really. /v/ seems to think it is regardless every time I post it. That's just the levels I ended up with on a regular playthrough, never skipped any NPC trainers.
>>
>>330245619
>So how does /v/ deal with grinding in rpgs?
I don't.

If the game requires me to grind, I drop it like a hot rock.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.