[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WoW is still the most popular MMORPG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: World-of-Warcraft.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
World-of-Warcraft.jpg
342 KB, 1920x1080
even with Fail-lords of dreanor they still are at 5 mil active users. What is it about this game that still makes it the best MMORPG out there after so many years? Did developers just quit making MMO's alltogheter? Why is there no WoW killer after 10 years? So many questions and no answer... This game is just 1 of a kind, nothing compares for some unkown reason. Its in a league of its own...
>>
People still play it because of the time they've invested in it, and because it plays well. There's no floaty movement, there's no animation locks and it's toaster friendly.
>>
>>330242373
If it came out today in the state it's in it would die. It's running on inertia. They don't even release subscriber numbers anymore.
>>
>>330243757

I thought someone told me that Blizzard made WOW free to play?

Is there any truth to this?
>>
>>330245650
it might be possible, since they are going to give out wow for free with the purchase of a ticket to the wow movie
>>
>>330245650
You can buy playtime off other players in-game, so if you aren't bad at earning gold it's pretty easy to play for free
>>
File: vegeta.gif (352 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
vegeta.gif
352 KB, 500x300
>>330242373
>5 mil active users
>At least 2mil are gold farmers
>>
>>330245838

I see. i was actually a little interested in playing if it was free, but it sounds like it would be something i'd need to grind for and i just like casualing around once in a while.

>>330245832
lol wut
>>
It's the CoD of MMO's. Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's good. There's all kinds of lost cost fallacies and drones that Blizzard manipulates for all of their games.
>>
>>330242373

>he still thinks after the 5 mil freefall and Blizzard saying they're not release sub numbers that they're still at 5 mil with no street date for Legion in sight

Look I'm as much a Blizzdrone as anyone else but holy shit dude.
>>
>>330242373
>even with Fail-lords of dreanor they still are at 5 mil active users
There was only 4mil after 6.2 came out
And after that blizzard refused to post subs
>>
>>330247037
>tfw after years of speculating on it, WoW is now incontrovertibly literally dying
>>
>>330245880
>2 million gold farmers when you can buy gold directly from the game

No. If anything the vast majority of gold farmers have tried to move to other games.
>>
>>330247752

And after years of saying it Blizzard really was the one to kill WoW.
>>
>>330247752
Wow has been dying for 5 years now. Eq has been dying for more than a decade. Wow will still be around for a long time, just not the game everyone plays, which has become league.
>>
>>330248620
league? of cuckolds?
>>
File: man_taken_hostage_by_PS4_games.jpg (22 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
man_taken_hostage_by_PS4_games.jpg
22 KB, 250x250
>>330245880
I love how this argument only came up after it became the cool thing to hate on WoW.

Like back in BC and Wrath, all those millions of players were actual players, now all of a sudden millions of them are gold farmers.

People are so desperate to shit on WoW it's unreal.
>>
File: 1450968175971.jpg (51 KB, 720x757) Image search: [Google]
1450968175971.jpg
51 KB, 720x757
>>330247752
>he hasn't seen all the hype around Legion

Stop giving frogposters a bad name, anon
>>
>>330250508
i dont blame them
>>
>>330250676
I literally haven't. Does such a thing exist? Why?
>>
Makes sense that blizzard is being so transparent with the Legion alpha as a distraction from the year of hfc.
>>
FFXIV is proving to be superior in pretty much every way. Don't see how anybody would think of returning to WoW.
>>
>>330245650
Only to level 20, with limited social access because of gold sellers
>>
>>330250676
>Hype for Legion
Demon Hunters are boring as all fuck.
Class revamps are all flash, no substance
Raids are the same shit as WoD in terms of mechanics except Trilliax, he's awesome
World is lolwhocaresonlyendgamematters
PvP still fucked with 10 billion stuns
Demon Hunters can capture the flag within 23 seconds (to be fixed, but still, their mobility is beyond retarded)
Prestige pvp system to keep people in a grind for cosmetics
Lore beyond fucked for all eternity
Artifacts are all the bad parts of Vanilla talent trees with none of the good parts

Beyond some of the dungeons being near stellar and a raiding replacement, what good is there about Legion, really?
>>
>>330242373

Buuulllshit, I'm pretty sure it's well below 5mil now.
>>
>>330252214
It was at 5 million the last time they released subscriber numbers, which was...half a year ago?
It's very likely that the numbers have dropped a lot more. It's what happens naturally at this stage of an expansion, and just judging by the price for WoW tokens, very few people seem to be willing to pay for the game anymore.
>>
>>330245832
What? I might actually go to a movie theater for the first time in years, to get the WoW, before leaving and handing the ticket to a random person.
>>
>>330243757
That's such a ridiculous statement.

Every current MMORPG is a WoW clone so saying that "if WoW came out today it would fail" is impossible to evaluate.
There would be no competitors since WoW didn't exist in the first place.
>>
>>330253551
Try to keep up, anon. In this hypothetical universe the first WoW clone would by definition be the new original WoW.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.