[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he never saw a vagrant >there are people that don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: vagrant.jpg (384 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vagrant.jpg
384 KB, 1920x1080
>he never saw a vagrant
>there are people that don't even know vagrants exist
Do you think they'll be in Dark Souls 3?
>>
>>330237476
One of the things that holds back Dark Souls from being perfect... amongst other things....
>>
>>330237476
I saw one in the Parish close to the statue after the drake.
It was so unreal, because I had already put 300 hours into the game. It's such a nice feature, because the vagrants themselves are so disconnected from the world, they look like legit aliens
>>
File: 1414542163581.jpg (42 KB, 655x833) Image search: [Google]
1414542163581.jpg
42 KB, 655x833
Saw one on my first character and had no idea what it was.
>>
Only ever saw them on PC, guess why faggot OP.
>>
>>330237476
What's the purpose of those vagrants anyway?
>>
>>330238564
No purpose, just neat additions
They drop some nice items
>>
>>330237476
Only seen two in my ~300 hours playing. Both were at the Parish bonfire and fucked my shit up with some touhou looking bullet hell missiles.
>>
File: 1452563069178.jpg (106 KB, 1600x969) Image search: [Google]
1452563069178.jpg
106 KB, 1600x969
>>330237476
It's a shame they are so rare, but one thing most people don't understand about them is that they are not at all hidden. They are talked about in the direction booklet that comes with the game. It's somewhere near the last couple of pages if I remember right. Crazy to think that one of the rarest enemies in the game is one of the only ones you should have known about going into the game first time.
>>
File: 2015-12-10_00001.jpg (793 KB, 1680x945) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-10_00001.jpg
793 KB, 1680x945
Only once
>>
>>330237476
I remember vaguely hearing about them but I never saw one myself.

Are they just random? What purpose do they serve? Where do they fit in lore-wise?
>>
>>330238294
No one on consoles were retarded enough to mod in millions of souls and die like dumbasses.
>>
I've only ran into one and it was amazing
>>
>>330216653
They appear in places where a player in another world either loses massive amounts of souls permanently or destroys items by dropping them and dying/reloading
>>
I knew of them, but never saw one.
>>
I never saw any on the Xbox version, but I picked up the game late.

Ive seen them on PC though, but didn't manage to kill it because it was on the opposite edge of Seath's library before I had turned the stairs
>>
Can't you force them by running out of humanity items and dying to a boss enough or something like that? Saw a few of them in Kiln when fighting Gwyn the first time.
>>
I did my first run of darksouls on pc with keyboard and mouse.
on my way to the kiln I saw a vagrant on that weird scaffolding near the fogwall
>>
Only ever once saw a white vagrant on the tower where the 2 archers are during Taurus demon fight on new game +
>>
Sen's down that pointless dead end with an archer was where I saw my first
>>
I've played for over 500 hours and have never seen one
>>
>>330237476
I saw one while I was exploring blighttown last week on my dex sorc.
Didn't think it was special, just more of blighttown being blighttown.
Dropped a good deal of titanite though.
>>
>>330241704
I saw 2 while farming black knights in the kiln of the first flame on PS3.
Then after I figured out how they worked I started making a bunch on purpose by leaving around items I didn't want or need anymore all over the world map.
>>
I love interactions like these.
More should games implement more of these "offline" multiplayer features.
>>
>>330243759
I used to make them near the Anor Londo archers all the time to distract people.
>>
Only saw one, in Sens. It was on a piece of ledge that was out of the way and served no purpose in the level. Confused as fuck when I saw it.
>>
>>330237476
i haven't encountered one but i scared the piss out of my wife when she encountered one in the undead parish and i yelled "THAT'S ONE OF THOSE VIRGIN CRABS"
we had a good chuckle when i looked it up and saw what they were actually called
>>
I saw one in the previously flooded part of New Londo. They pop up in areas where a lot of players have lost humanity, I think, so no surprises that a ton of retards get dark handed.
>>
>>330237476
>running around in the swamp in Blighttown at SL1 farming slugs for green titanite
>poisoned but it doesn't matter at all, just take a swig of orange soda when your health drops to dangerous levels
>approach corner where a slug is
>see something glowing in said corner
>get closer to investigate
>realize what it is a little too late, it's one of those aggressive ones
>quickly turn and make a dash for the safety of a wall
>shoots its needles out and they catch me in the back
>YOU DIED

Haven't seen one since.
>>
File: 1454967560128.jpg (51 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1454967560128.jpg
51 KB, 512x512
>>330237476
killed one didnt notice anything different... why do they appear? are they suppose to drop a lot of souls?
>>
>>330245982
They have humanities if they fight back.
If they run they drop an item based on the item that initially spawned it.

They appear when somebody loses 5+ humanity from death or when somebody drops an item from a specific list and it gets ignored or looked over by other players without being picked up a set number of times.
>>
File: 1393949924706.jpg (202 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1393949924706.jpg
202 KB, 750x600
>>330237476
I remember my first meeting with a vagrant when I was running back from the smithy to the elevator and suddenly someone OHKO'd me out of nowhere by shooting an array of spikes from the balcony (where the channeler is) in the Church.

I seriously only caught a glimpse of it and thought it was a walking barrel that shoots out swords and spikes.

PS3 version with that sweetass AA and resolution really does wonders for your imagination.
>>
>>330237476
I've only ever seen them in sen's fortress. I was confused as fuck the first time I saw it.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.