[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whatever happened to Starfy? I remember when japan were going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: Dns1_boxart.png (382 KB, 500x316) Image search: [Google]
Dns1_boxart.png
382 KB, 500x316
Whatever happened to Starfy? I remember when japan were going fucking nuts for this series and it even had it's own pop song and everything.
>>
>>330233270
Kirby ate him.

I wish I knew what happened, seriously. Starfy is a cute little bastard.
>>
I don't think it sold well in america, was he still a assist trophy is SSB4? Either way I've always wanted to play the jp only DS one.
>>
Apparently the fifth game flopped, both in Japan and America. Shame, I love the little guy.
>>
File: Starfy.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Starfy.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>330234278
>>330234401
It sold "alright," it definitely wasn't a flop, just more of a "disappointment."

Pretty sure Starfy is still above Chibi-Robo in terms of his overall popularity
>>
>>330234680
>tfw beat and enjoyed all of these
>still not satisfied because I had no idea what the fuck anyone was saying or what the story was

These fucking games man, they're surprisingly text heavy.
>>
>>330234680
Nah son, I know for a fact Chibi-Robo is more well known than Starfy.

Barring that however, they both get treated like garbage.

Allow me to post this gem: https://youtu.be/Fk3ZeRczG-Y
>>
>>330233270
>Nintendo

There's your answer
>>
>>330234680

>Pretty sure Starfy is still above Chibi-Robo in terms of his overall popularity

yeah okay. Chibi-Robo is still getting games on the 3DS. starfy died 6 years ago along with the DS
>>
>>330235407
Chibi-Robo is dead.

They said as much about Zip-Lash. They were sending him out to die and saying "We're out of ideas"
>>
>>330235572

he still lived 6 years longer than Starfy did
>>
>>330233270
>Whatever happened to Starfy?
>Whatever happened to Custom Robo?
>Whatever happened to F-Zero?
>Whatever happened to Golden Sun?
>Whatever happened to [x classic Nintendo series everyone wants a sequel to instead of the fucking trash they've made for the past 6 years]?
>>
I love the games. I played almost all of them(Except the fourth game) Even when I didn't know a goddamn word of Jap.
>>
>>330235664
That doesn't speak to his popularity though, as Starfy was more popular when they were both still getting games

Photo-Finder did absolutely nothing for Chibi-Robo and the only reason Zip Lash might have helped is because it gave him an amiibo figure (that very few people bought, as shown by how fast it fell in price)
>>
>>330235936
It's fucking sad because they admitted they didn't want to make another game like the original because kids are too stupid to pay attention to a 3D game that forces you to explore and interact with shit. So they dumbed it down with every sequel until its just 2D mash A to win hit teh baddies wif ur cord XD
>>
>>330235706
>everyone wants a sequel
More like the two fans of each series.
>>
>>330236438
you've got it backwards. i'm sure both those 2 fans of neo-nintendo are offended you'd get them confused with the core gamers who want actual games and not trash
>>
File: Triple Deluxe.jpg (1 MB, 1789x1601) Image search: [Google]
Triple Deluxe.jpg
1 MB, 1789x1601
>>330235706
They'll come back at some point. I like a sequel to them as well, but they didn't sell well, and they'll probably bring them back. I mean Dark Dawn was a thing, surprisingly enough. When Camelot aren't busy.

>>Whatever happened to [x classic Nintendo series everyone wants a sequel to instead of the fucking trash they've made for the past 6 years]?

That's... a huge exaggeration.
>>
>>330236778
alright fine let me expand on it:

>Whatever happened to [x classic Nintendo series (that ain't Kirby/Mario/Zelda/fuck you) everyone wants a sequel to instead of the fucking trash they've made for the past 6 years]?
>>
File: Coney Island Disco Palace.jpg (612 KB, 1900x1060) Image search: [Google]
Coney Island Disco Palace.jpg
612 KB, 1900x1060
>>330236979
They brought back old series like Sin & Punishment and Punch Out. They can bring those back at some point.

And I meant, quality. They still make some good stuff. It's just as of late they made some questionable stuff for some of their series.
>>
>>330236321
So Nintendo makes games for kids?

Wow... What does that make us then?
>>
>>330236778
Wasn't there a time during the Wii era that kirby had a long drought for Kirby's Return to Dreamland?
>>
>>330237273
>Devil's Third
>Bayo2
>Fatal Frame
>Xenoblade

yeah they sure are ONLY marketing towards kids!

i want this meme to die, and i don't mean on here, but at nintendo HQ

kids don't fucking care anymore

their target demographics are playing call of duty by ten years old, the internet advances mental age a lot fucking faster than you might think

wasn't Yokai Watch only successful in Japan because the dance song became a schoolyard meme?
>>
>>330237412
Yes. The GCN only had Air Ride. And the only console Kirby before Return to Dreamland was Epic Yarn (while good, was a spinoff, and wasn't even suppose to be a Kirby game).

Not every series makes it to ever system. Wii U isn't going to get a traditional FE by this point.
>>
>>330237536
what are you talking about anon, aren't you excited for TOKYO MIRAGE SESSION SHARP FE © ?
>>
>>330237412
He was still getting installments on handhelds, but in terms of console games yes
>>
>>330234680
>>330234278
>>330234401
>The Legendary Starfy debuted on the Japanese sales charts at number 3, selling 29,000 copies. It is the slowest debut for the series so far.[12] Media Create sales data lists the game at having sold 126,428 copies in Japan by the end of 2008.[13] Public sales information from Amazon.com suggests that The Legendary Stafy was the top-selling Nintendo DS game in North America during its week of release, temporarily beating out previous top-sellers on the platform such as Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros.[14] NPD Group reports that the game was the 19th best-selling game in North America during the months of June and July 2009.
Flop in Japan, minor hit in US?
>>
>>330237606
No. But Fates came out on the 3DS so it's whatever. Hell it already had Awakening.

Not every series is going to make it to every system.
>>
>>330237807
FE did make it to Wii U, It has #FE right in the title.

Sorry you might have to cope with the awful feeling in your gut (of seeing your IP fucked up) that other Nintendo fans have had to deal with upon hearing every new announcement

>Color Splash
>Federation Force
>Zip-Lash
>AC Amiibo Festival

all the most recent titles of formerly respected franchises

#FE is now the most recent FE game for the foreseeable future
>>
>>330238071
I said no to show I wasn't looking forward to it. But so what? You act like every series doesn't have a bad game. People move on from them. You honestly think every Animal Crossing is forever going to be like Amiibo Festival? How do you think Sonic fans feel when 06 came out? But then Sega got their butt in gear and came out with stuff like Colors and Generations.
>>
>>330238313
Sonic 06 was an entirely different beast. That was a matter of "Oh shit, we spent our ENTIRE DEVELOPMENT BUDGET on the opening cutscene, what do we do now?"

and only 4 years later we got Colors, and then just a year later we got Generations. That's how you acknowledge a major fuckup.

Nintendo acknowledges major fuckups in one of two ways

>people just don't get what we were trying to do
or
>let's keep pushing that game's style until people come around to liking it because fuck going back to our old formulas people liked
>>
I hope nintendo ships #FE to expectations and only gives US like 25k copies

it will still undersell
>>
>>330238904
I would be surprised if NoA actually gave that game a physical run, looks way more niche than Fatal Frame
>>
>>330239569
>Devil's Third wasn't going to be released at all due to being garbage
>some people whined and managed to reach the ears of NoA on twitter, leading to a limited physical run of copies
>FFV still gets censored and digital-only

just

fuck you NoA
>>
>>330233270
Starfy sold terribly in NA, and I think that sales were just down in general all over the place. Legendary Starfy was the last Starfy game made, I believe.
>>
>>330239723

Shame. It's got one of the best casts of any game I've ever played.
>>
>>330237510
>4 examples

Wow you sure showed us, Mister.
>>
>>330241064
>four of their most recent titles on their current console

yes

nintendo is not aimed squarely at children, that's bullshit /v/ spouts to make fun of how lousy their current games have been
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.