[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life Is Strange Season 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: lifeisstrange.jpg (67 KB, 530x335) Image search: [Google]
lifeisstrange.jpg
67 KB, 530x335
Alright /v/, we all know Life is Strange has it's ups and downs, the big down being the fucking awful ending, but what if you could fix all that?

And by fix, I mean do it better next time. You are given full creative control of Life Is Strange Season 2, what do you do with it?

>What superpower/magic ability crap do you use as your plot device, if any?
>Returning characters or new faces?
>Will there be pseudo-philosophical hipster arty farty malarkey in this new party?

Full creative control. /v/ what do?
>>
give it actual gameplay
>>
New characters entirely, make them homo. Complete tumblr pandering. I'm gonna be rich
>>
>>330228820
Most of the budget of Season 1 went into writing and voice acting and it was a good decision for this Telltale kind of game. They should do exactly the same and just improve on those ends. Focus on an all new story and setting, no throwbacks to S1. I'm not sure about the superpower part, maybe mindreading or something like that. Rewinding time got old after the 3rd episode.

>>330228874
There's no room for gameplay in interactive stories.
>>
File: 1400097523710.jpg (23 KB, 500x414) Image search: [Google]
1400097523710.jpg
23 KB, 500x414
If you kill someone, you become them
>>
More qts.
>>
They are making a season 2 right? Will we hear about it at e3?
>>
>>330228820
This is what Persona games should be like.
>>
>>330230007

Yes
Who knows
>>
>>330229207
>Tumblr
>Playing vidya
>>
>>330230312

They might blog about it and praise its progressiveness, but they will neither buy nor play it.
>>
>>330228820
Fucking destroy it. Now fuck off back to your containment thread on /vg/, you fag.
>>
File: 1419142410981.png (13 KB, 744x615) Image search: [Google]
1419142410981.png
13 KB, 744x615
>>330228820
>>
File: 1456005694956.gif (491 KB, 499x428) Image search: [Google]
1456005694956.gif
491 KB, 499x428
>>330228820
>Make character fucking learn how to use her powers, not doing the same fucking mistake everytime and not realising consequences of using such powers (I'm not saying she should start as responsible character fully knowing her powers, but she should be more and more wise with each episode)
>Completly new characters and location, Max's story is already finished
>Make it have some cool puzzles instead of being a walking and talking simulator
And make it have either:
>A fucking consistent time traveling and not retarded, changing rules each episode and then not making a sense on top of all that like it all was in first season
Or:
>Give new interesting powers but make them have sense and not change the rules each episode like it was with time traveling

I love time travel stories, which is why I even played this garbage, I was fucking annoyed each episode on how poorly written it all was, how characters started and stayed retarded and how it didn't had any logic in it. Only good things about this game was the last episode which had some cool shit in it.
>>
>>330228820
> we all know Life is Strange has it's ups and downs

> ups

list one
>>
>>330228820
Have Max show up as a time travelling villain.
>>
>let swery make his game about a girl masturbating to solve crimes
>make her a lesbian and the game tumblrbait

He'll finally make a game that sells!
>>
>>330229543
Do you consider adventure games to have gameplay? Really I think exploring the environment and discovering little tidbits of information is gameplay in itself. I guess they could do a few more puzzles.
>>
>>330232602
It had an intricately detailed setting with tons of optional information the player could discover if the player takes the time to explore. The puzzles that were there made good use of the time travel mechanics. The game had a cast full of multifaceted characters.
>>
>>330233109
>It had an intricately detailed setting
> The puzzles that were there made good use of the time travel mechanics
> The game had a cast full of multifaceted characters.

lol

> tons of optional information the player could discover if the player takes the time to explore

this is the only one that isn't a flat out lie, but it's often done so badly (like how Sam can just keep wandering the house while Chole waits in pain for the morphine) it's funny
>>
>>330233530
How is it not intricately detailed?
>>
better lip sync from the beginning
more puzzles (remembering a number you saw a few hours ago is not a puzzle)
it shouldn't be focused on the old cast or location, but i wouldn't mind cameos
more than 2 endings, ideally non-garbage ones
equal or greater amount of lesbians
less "how do you do fellow kids"-tier teenager speak
>>
>>330234948
> generic american town filled with cliches
> intricately detailed
>>
>>330235424
You're changing the goalposts. There's tons of information and little details in every area. A few cliches doesn't negate that.
>>
File: animu reaction face.png (162 KB, 284x281) Image search: [Google]
animu reaction face.png
162 KB, 284x281
>>330235680
>A few cliches
>>
>>330230149
>>330230007
No they're not. They have a new game coming out.
>>
>>330237839

Didn't realize the two were mutually exclusive
>>
>>330238240
This
especially seeing as they've been cagey as fuck over whether they're working on Season 2 or not, despite confirming that they'll do one. I'd honestly be surprised if they didn't take advantage of the first season's popularity to hype up Season 2 even a little.
>>
>>330228820
>Game starts
>Both of them crying but the camera is out of focus so it's hard to see
>Talking about how everyone hates then because they're lesbians
>All of a sudden the blue haired chick blows her brains out with that one pistol they found
>Have to go back in time and have to choose between either her dying or trying to force her to be straight again so she doesn't kill herself
>>
>>330228820
Do the same thing but with an adult interracial couple
>>
There's not a lot to fix in LiS, it's one of my favourite games ever. Apart from the ending and better lip-syncing, I can't think of anything I'd want to change. Maybe some more intricate rewind puzzles would have been fun.

Apart from that Season 2 just needs to keep what made Season 1 good, atmosphere and well-written characters.
>>
I want to be able to have lesbian sex from minute one.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.