[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why did Halo 5 drop all the plot points and events of Halo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 300x168
So why did Halo 5 drop all the plot points and events of Halo 4 and just do some plot that had no link to previous games? And why is the protagonist playable for only one-fifth of the game? Does 343 know what the word protagonist means?
>>
File: 1428956192119.jpg (1 MB, 2779x1916) Image search: [Google]
1428956192119.jpg
1 MB, 2779x1916
dead franchise, non canon, ended at 3.
>>
>>330225689
Reach was good.
It was good because you got to be you're own Spartan in the Campaign.
And Halo 4 had my favorite multiplayer (3 obviously had the best ranking system though).
But overall, yeah, I'd say three was the most balanced of the Halo games.
Before they introduced the secondary ranking systems.
>>
File: halo[1].png (403 KB, 800x750) Image search: [Google]
halo[1].png
403 KB, 800x750
>>330224789
>And why is the protagonist playable for only one-fifth of the game? Does 343 know what the word protagonist means?
they do, but they're trying to push their own black donut steel and successively be rid captain king
>>
>>330226010
reach campaign was good, multiplayer on the other hand was everything 1-3 wasn't
>>
>>330224789
Because Halo 2 had the most hardcore following, so might as well copy it. And the multiplayer is great, so does it matter?
>>
File: coop confused.jpg (24 KB, 249x321) Image search: [Google]
coop confused.jpg
24 KB, 249x321
Why does it matter so much to you guys that you're not playing a bland faceless character?

Nobody cared that you had to play luigi instead of mario in NSLU, and mario arguably had more personality.
>>
>>330226212
>Because Halo 2 had the most hardcore following, so might as well copy it.
what? LOL
h5 campaign had like 3 chief missions
>>
Even though Halo 4 is a pretty shitty Halo game, Cortana had a good, dignified and sad death. It was the one thing that was done properly, and 343 couldn't even leave that alone. They had to go and resurrect that one divergent rampancy of her that was entirely built upon Halsey's megalomaniacal motivation of peace by any means necessary and made the dead smurf into a crazy villain with a ridiculous plan.
>>
>>330224789
Because people did not like Halo 4, so they reworked their plot. I dont think MC representation wouldve changed either way. It seems like theyre well on their way on removing the chief from the series.
>>
>>330226462
You think Cortana turning into a bridge is a good death?
>>
>>330224789
because of some woman in charge of 343.
>>
>>330226591
>>330226147
They already pretty much removed Chief from these games. I can't put my finger on it but he's different now. Must be all the dialogue/spoken lines he has now. It's necessary because of the whole "squad" gameplay (which was a complete blunder) but I think Halo's singleplayer works best when you're either alone, playing with one other player, or alongside a bunch of cannon fodder soldiers against an even larger number of enemies.
>>
>>330226010
>Halo 4 had the most fun multiplayer

stopped reading there
>>
>>330226409
master chief is argubly the best video game character ever

he beat doomguy

go back to playing doom kidd
>>
>>330226745

Well you got me there. The goodbye was good at least. That should have been it.
>>
File: samurai jack yeah.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
samurai jack yeah.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>330226745
>ai
>death
robofags please go
>>
Campaign is trash but multiplayer is best in the series (and top3 ever). I'm glad Master Chief is being relegated as less important, he's too old and him being immortal would be more ridicolous than it already is. Let it die in Halo 6 and start a new trilogy hundreds of years later with a new hero.

>inb4 armor unlocks are behind rng packs
Yeah but who the fuck cares about appearance?

>inb4 warzone is p2w
It's not, and even if it was it's the casual gamemode of Halo 5, if you stick with it you're either retarded or play it once a week, which means the game is not aimed at you

SP: Reach>CE>2>3>4>ODST>>>>>>5
MP: 5>>2>CE/3>>>>>4>>>>>Reach
>>
>>330226447
Still the only other one where you play as two characters
>>
>>330227852
h2 isn't really known for its campaign
>>
File: 1447436024526.gif (137 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
1447436024526.gif
137 KB, 500x320
>>330224789

The gameplay is amazing, and the best it's ever been.

The story is quite fucking shit though. Just pretend the campaign doesn't exist, it makes it sting a little less. I for one was really disappointed in how 343i handled the story. It's just fucking bad.
>>
>>330227087
It's simple, it's literally the way the games are written, it's the cinematic experience.

>Halo CE
3 other named characters besides Chief, flat template, but generally likeable characters with little to no backstory and you're the center of the story. The story revolves around you killing alyums and some bogus doomsday device or whatever.

>Halo 5
Hey nigga this is your team, this is Ramirez, this is Ivan, this is Jim, this is Carter, this is Eva, this is .... and then there is the quartermaster, the drill sergeant, the cleaning lady, that hobo there and... And they're all tough fuckers lemme tell you their backstories, now is just the right time because we're stuck here for 2minutes before the *obstacle* suddenly stops blocking our way
>>
File: image.png (48 KB, 398x409) Image search: [Google]
image.png
48 KB, 398x409
Halo died at reach and everyone knows it

>Load up Halo 5 beta
>Half hp
>Aim down sights
>Perma sprint
>Annoying American marine voices
>Near instant deaths
>Turn it off

If I wanted to play Robo-Cod I'd buy advanced warfare
>>
>>330226010
>Reach was good.
No.
>you're
No.
>Halo 4 good
No.
>3 most balanced.
No.
>3 didn't have a secondary ranking system
No.
>>
>>330229656
I like how Bungie killed off almost all side characters so 343 could not destroy those as well. Oh hell why am I lying to myself, they fucked up the Rookie as well.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.