[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
at what rank do people not start be so selfish? currently challenger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6
File: Rocket_League_coverart[1].jpg (299 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Rocket_League_coverart[1].jpg
299 KB, 1024x1024
at what rank do people not start be so selfish?

currently challenger elite (3v3 solo) and people are all hyper aggressive chasing the ball over extending all the time with no regard for their teammates

I'm not a superstar or anything but I think I have a better understanding of positioning than most players, every time I try to go on offense I either get bumped by a teammate who doesn't seem to acknowledge that I'm going after the ball, or at worst case both other players and then the opponent scores because we have nobody defending

rocket league thread I guess
>>
Get some people to play with. Go 1v1 and add all good ones to steam. Invite them to skype and you have a good team. I met 2 good m8s from rocket league.
Solo 3v3 is cancerous.
>>
>>330224146
I'm talking about the solo ladder
>>
don't fool yourself into thinking this game requires any kind of skill, its an extremely fun game and taking it seriously is the wrong approach anon
>>
>>330224370
would've required less effort to just post "meme game"
>>
>>330224293
Why. It's so shit and loses an important aspect of the game
>>
WHAT A SAVE!
WHAT A SAVE!
WHAT A SAVE!
WHAT A SAVE!
WHAT A SAVE!

Also, new ranking system is absolutely shit.
>>
>>330224586
What's shit about it? I didn't play much ranked in season 1 but I got up to gold on all ladders.
>>
>>330224484

>Why would I play Rocket League if I can't teamstack with my friends and crush retards 8-1 every game

An important aspect indeed.
>>
>>330223973
Ranked solo que is just masochism at this point. Find some people to play with and actually coordinate. If you can't talk to people it's inevitable that you sometimes will end up going for the same shot. It's annoying, but you'll have more fun playing normals on your own than you will playing ranked.
>>
>>330224721
Maybe I am a bit masochistic. For some reason I've always enjoyed the solo queue experience in games.
>>
>>330224707
From what I experienced, you can be the player with highest score in a match and win a ton of times to never get promoted, but lose 1 or 2 matches because of problems like OP stated and you get demoted.
Happened at least twice to me so far
>>
>>330224818
Yeah I've noticed being demoted despite having higher "score" than my entire team and 2/3 of the enemy team.

Maybe score isn't taken into account, which would be fine by me because it's so misleading anyway.
>>
>>330224818
I'm just at low ranks right now but it seems pretty simple. Every two wins I move up a division, every two losses I move down one. Maybe the crawl kicks in when you get above Challenger.
>>
>>330224808
We all are for trying every now and again. But the best advice I can give is:
>Don't autopilot
>Hit the ball when it matters, not for the sake of hitting it
>Play midfield or defence if your team is hype aggressive.
>>
>>330224953
That's true, though most of the score when getting a high score comes from goals, assists and saves in most cases.

What is also absolutely rediculous is the amount of people who play aggresive constantly, but then that odd time out you're in the front and you make a pass to center, literally with an open goal to score in, no one is there because they suddenly went back for defense for no reason.
>>
>>330224718
OP was in gold, so I don't think there are many retards you can crush 8-1 you dingleberry piece of smegma cock
>>
>>330225043
I resort to playing defensive most of the time because my teammates are always hyper aggressive. Which is probably why I can't hit goals for shit since I rarely play offense.
>>
File: 1430470514619.png (350 KB, 861x720) Image search: [Google]
1430470514619.png
350 KB, 861x720
>>330225218

>Gold
>Not retards

Silver player detected.
>>
>>330225234
If your teammates are so aggressive they'll be taking shots non stop. Only a matter of time before they go in. Try to lay up shots for them either from the side walls, or from the back.
>>
>>330225218
>Gold
>I don't think there are many retards
Gold is the "ELO hell" of Rocket League
>>
On top of being hyper aggressive chasing the ball most of these retards get so buttmad at conceding a goal.

>Got 3 saves in a minute because teammate kept chasing ball and missing, opposition actually played as a team
>teammate bumps me as I'm trying to make save 4
>concede
>he starts being a little bitch on chat, gets mad I won't forfeit
>1 minute in and only 1-0 down
>I tell him he's a pussy and should quit
>spends rest of time bumping me and saying I'm ruining the game

Just play 1v1, only go bigger teams with friends senpai
>>
>>330225558
>opponent scores 2 goals in the first 2 minutes
>pls forfeit
every time
>>
>>330225558
This is the most obnoxious shit. I've come back from a 1-4 deficit to win in the last 30 seconds. It's possible if you're not a shitter. Retards wanting to forfeit after the first goal are the fucking bane of me.
>>
>>330225756
I've had people get mad at me for trying aerials and missing a couple, whilst they miss basic ground hits.

Rocket league chat is a bigger fucking wasteland than /v/ somehow.
>>
>>330225342
If they're hyper aggressive chasing the ball they'll most likely be right next to you when you center the ball so this is useless too.
>>
File: teamwork.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
teamwork.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
So how's the batcar? Is it good?
>>
It's a fun game but there's way too much luck and rubberbanding involved to take it seriously as a competitive game.
>>
>>330226868
>luck
>rubberbanding
the fuck
>>
>>330226868
There's virtually no luck involved if you aren't playing with randoms. What are you talking about?
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 780x439
>>330223973
>multiplayer game thread
>me ooga team booga
every fucking time
>>
>>330223973
Same thing happened on ps4.

>first month really nice community.

>people helped eachother score.

>mostly play action setups and everything was comfy.

>all of a sudden everyone starts trying to score and rush the ball leaving you no chance to score or assist.

>hadn't played in 4 months since it's become cancer.
>>
Is there a bigger cuck than a designated goalie in 3v3?
>>
>>330227585
>designated goalie
how to spot a post from a rookie
>>
>>330224146
Im an anti social fucknut.

Is that casual approach really that good? Just adding people because you dont want to play roulette in matchmaking? What if you piss someone off?
>>
>>330228019
You don't need voice comms or anything, a lot of people are willing to queue with people who they know are capable.

If you piss someone off over making a mistake then you shouldn't be around such a person anyway.
>>
>>330227665
How to spot a post from a designated goalie.
>>
>>330228373
Designated goalies don't exist past the first 5 hours of playing
>>
>>330228160
Yeah assuming >>330228019 isn't an elite player, so mistakes are common.

If you're playing with people that can't get over that at the very least delete them from your life.
>>
>>330227665
Designated goalie is a waste.

Having someone coming up to halfway who's good at reading the game (seeing what's going to happen a few seconds ahead) and can drop back or come forward when needed is the best tactic.
>>
>>330228483
I just hit 20. I'm playing against veterans and experts and I still see faggots on the other team parked in their goal the whole game.
>>
I play rocket league with 2 other friends.

>tfw they refuse to learn how to fly
>tfw they try hard not to get boosts because they think going fast is not how the game should be played because tactics is what it's all about and for some reason they think they can't have both speed and tactics

>tfw we keep losing because other players all fly around and go fast as fuck and i'm the only one trying to counter their shit

>tfw they miss the ball more times than they hit it

>tfw i've gone down shitloads of ranks on 3v3 because of them
>>
>>330228985
Maybe suggest unranked play. You might sway them if you start making aerial goals.
>>
>>330228019
no, it's not weird at all, you don't even have to actually talk to them just add them and say "ggs, we should team up sometime" then invite them later. i do this with other games, never had anyone think i'm weird for it
>>
>>330223973
Wow people still play this game. It was alright for a while but it got pretty boring.
>>
>>330228824
Sometimes I sit in the rival goals and save their shots so our team loses.

They end up treating me like one of their own after a while.
>>
>>330229713
>calls game boring
>browses /v/

This place is filled with the same shit everyday m8
>>
>>330229230
we started with unranked, than we went ranked because match making put us against easier enemies because of their low level.

problem is as their level started increasing we started playing against people with my level.

and that's like basically playing alone against 3, sometimes against 5 because they are that bad.

and this would all be kinda bareable, if it wasn't for the fact that one of my friends is one of those anal assholes who thinks he's great at everything instantly, so he never thinks he's part of the problem, in his mind he's the only one playing properly.

and all of this is the reason why i play alone now.
>>
>>330229713
The game has only grown since release.
First official tournament soon.
>>
I had a few € on my steam wallet and just got the Batman car.

brb, gonna be the night for a bit.
>>
File: 1419698785890.jpg (153 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1419698785890.jpg
153 KB, 640x960
>>330230025
Are you me?

> 'I don't need to do anything smart or listen to anybody with hundreds more hours, it's called inherent skill anon!'
>all goals scored against us cos dude out of position are met with 'oh what a shot! Man, that's some lucky bullshit'
> has a fantastic first touch, as long as it's his own teammates getting ready to clear (or SAVE) the ball he can deke the shit outta niggas
> an immediate negative noticeable difference after he joins the team

Yes I mad.
>>
>>330231287
problem is the guy does that in every game, no matter how many more hours you have in it than him, he always criticizes your way of playing after he has played it for a bit.

"see what you're doing wrong is...."

meanwhile he's doing all kinds of things wrong, but god forbid you tell him, he goes apeshit and goes into full defensive mode after any kind of criticism.
>>
>At what rank do people stop being selfish in team based games
Never, no matter the game.
>>
>>330230993
upd00t on this.

batman car is HEAVY as fuck

feels weird
>>
>>330232632
How are cars different outside of hitboxes?

Still new to the game.
>>
What a save!
What a save!
What a save!

If you don't say something three times, are you really saying it at all?
>>
File: 1456170786324.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1456170786324.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>330230025
>>330231287

I have this friend that bugs the shit out of me to play ranked doubles.
Problem is, he's fucking trash and REFUSES to train.
Never completed a single training or tutorial.

>'wow we suck so much at this game lol'

Can I get away with murder?
>>
>>330234353
Weight and handling.
>>
>>330234915
>Can I get away with murder?
In certain countries, yes.
>>
Octane master race.
>>
>>330235095
my mane
>>
>>330235095
Takumi is superior
>>
>>330234915
That webm always makes me mad. Fuck those greedy fags fucking you up just so they can steal the goal
>>
Who else loves how salty people get?

>omg u lucker
>fuck ur mother u cunt
>so much luck
>fuck you hair ginger cunt
>>
>>330237657
>luck
>omg so lucky

I'm the first to admit there is some bullshit luck in this game, but when I've just dribbled it past you, bounced it off the corner and then completed a textbook finish 3 times in a row then maybe you're the problem.
>>
>>330238062
Yeah exactly. But some people prefer to believe that they lost due to luck rather than them fucking up.
>>
>>330223973
Is it worth 20 buckaroos?
>>
Looks like a fun game turned to shit by a terrible community, trying to take a kiddy game seriously
>>
>>330241302
every game is a kiddy game.

sorry.
>>
>>330240716
It goes on sale for like $13 every time there's a steam sale
>>
Fuck Challenger II. You either get really coordinated players who understand positioning for 2 games, or you get fucking assholes who scream just forfeit plz and ram you AS A FUCKING TEAMMATE! FUCKING TEAMMATES AND THEY ARE CALLING YOU OUT HOLY SHIT. I am forever stuck in D3-4 cuz of that.
>>
>>330240716
11,99€ in greenman gaming atm
>>
Fuck this game and the whiny brats that play it. Always bitching about being demolished. I'm not even one of those assholes who seek it out, but if I have the opportunity, I take it.

So many times I've been told I'm being reported for it, each time I explain it is an in-game mechanic. Even at the high ranks they say and do this shit.
>>
>>330234915
That ending is the cherry on the top.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.