[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Games you own, but don't want to play because of how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 8518.jpg (34 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
8518.jpg
34 KB, 350x500
ITT: Games you own, but don't want to play because of how hated they are.
>>
>>330217819
we get it man
you don't like ffx
you are special
>>
>>330218623
Thanks, man.
>>
>>330217819

A lot of people think that FFX is the best FF actually.
>>
>>330218707
And they're usually

A. People who's first FF game was FFX
B. People with severe mental problems
C. Both
>>
Twilight Princess.
>>
>>330218895
/thread
>>
Sticker Star
>>
ITT: retards
>>
>>330218895
>>330218707

To be honest, it doesn't have a lot of competition.

VI and IX are the only ones that are universally accepted as better than X.

VII and VIII are generally accepted as better than X, but not universally.

After that, X is usually said to be the next best one.

Considering most of the rest are pretty bad (with IV being a notable exception, except that VI did everything it tried to do better), it's not surprising that it's a lot of people's favourites.

Now, if you told me that X-2 was a lot of people's favourites, I'd eat a fucking shoe.
>>
>>330217819
Just play it.
It's not best at anything, especially nowadays, but it's still one of the best FF games.

stop going with the flow of stupid grey masses, and form your own opinions by experiencing things yourself.
>>
>>330217819
There is absolutely no reason to hate the PS4 version. PS3 and Vita deserve all the butthurt because of horrendous OST remixes you can't disable, though.
>>
File: 20160309 buyer's remorse.png (55 KB, 269x250) Image search: [Google]
20160309 buyer's remorse.png
55 KB, 269x250
this fucking gamebryo trash
>>
>>330217819
Hey OP of >>330216337 had to make another thread huh?
>>
I bought this back in May when it was released but just recently started playing it. I bought the remaster for PS3 and thought they did a decent job, sure the faces may seem a little off but the colors look great. I had to look up something on YouTube and the video was from the ps2 holy shit the game is so dark.

Why did I buy the same game twice in a year? Who the fuck knows, probably because my PS3 fat is dying and the dual shock 4 is so much more comfy to play with
>>
FFX wasn't hated though. If you were older than 3 in 2001 you'd know that. Why do I get the feeling the ps4 version is your first experience with the game?
>>
>>330221143
>not the best at anything
>one of the best FF games

What?
>>
>>330221623
It's hated today.
>>
X-2 is the best FF in the post 16-bit era.
>>
>>330221679
to be honest, no FF game truly marvels at anything, but they are still enjoyable and atmospheric games at best. FFX does many things better than certain other titles in the series, but not quite as well as some others.
>>
>>330221751
It's really not. If you ever left /v/ you'd know that. All my friends, normies and weebs alike look back at this game fondly. Like I said, if you weren't 12 you'd know that
>>
>>330217819
I couldn't stand the first bit of X so I dropped it, but X-2 was good right away.

Out of the final fantasies I've completed...

Tactics A2 > FF7 > X-2 > FF5 > FF8
>>
File: 1427751467949.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1427751467949.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>330221760
>>
>>330221903
>look back at the game fondly

Ah, there it is. It's like you guys want to prove me right in saying that only nostalgiafags like FFX.
>>
X-2 has the best gameplay of any Final Fantasy. They really nailed the battle system in that game and I can't understand why they didn't just keep it similar to that. It was so fun having your dresspheres (jobs) level-up in the middle of a battle and completely change the dynamic with your new stats/moves.
>>
>>330222147
I love job systems. What other final fantasies have good ones?
>>
>>330221981
I guess, I dunno what you want me to say. If you enjoyed something as a kid, you can't like it as an adult? Yeah the cut scenes are kind of embarasing, but you have to look at it from the time it was made. Obviously it's not going to be good as games made today, it's over 15 years old.
>>
File: FFXIII_Pointer_White_BG.png (3 KB, 53x29) Image search: [Google]
FFXIII_Pointer_White_BG.png
3 KB, 53x29
>VI>V>XII>III>VII>IX>X>I>II>IV>VIII
>>
You'll get the same response at Gamefaqs, TC

just play it. It's considered good with a loud hatebase thats smaller than it seems
>>
>all the people saying the characters suck and the story sucks but to play it anyway
Jesus Christ
>>
>>330222862
It's not so much the story as it is the pacing of the cuts scenes due to the VAs having to match the mouth movements.
>>
>>330222341
The problem is that nostalgia is not a valid indication of a game's quality, or lack thereof.
>>
>>330217819
This is the dumbest fucking reason to not play anything ever
>>
>>330222357
Absolutely agree but I would swap X with IV. Fuck X.
>>
>>330223396
I don't like it based solely on nostalgia though. I first played the game when I was like 11 thinking it was the coolest shit ever. Now I'm 24 playing it on ps4 and while I can now acknowledge the faults (such as the pacing of the cut scenes and the voice acting) I still find it to be a fun game.

Game standards have changed a lot in 15 years, so I can see why people would hate it if they're playing it for the first time, but back in 2001 this is what JRPS were like
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.