[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never played any of the MGS games, and I feel like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1445986448481.jpg (542 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1445986448481.jpg
542 KB, 1920x1200
I've never played any of the MGS games, and I feel like I've missed out.

Which of the games are integral to the storyline, which are shit and which are must-play?

I'm thinking of buying a used PS3 Slim (which will apparently not be compatible with any PS2 CDs), will I be able to play them all on that? Like are there bundles/remakes for the PS2 ones?
>>
also
>Which: The Post
>>
Play the numbered games in release order. There's a legacy collection or something that has mgs2 and 3 on it, and mgs1 can be played on vita and probably ps3 as well, on the ps1 emulator.
>>
>>330217370
Get 1 off of PSN, then the MGS collection and if you want MGSV.
>>
>>330217452
This, but also play Peace Walker before V. It comes with the HD Collection, so just get that and 1.
>>
Let's settle this.
2>1>3>4>5>PW
>>
>>330217625
only correct order to play the games
>>
>>330217528
>>330217521
>>330217452
Thanks a whole bunch of lots.
>>
I just bought MGS: Legacy Collection off Amazon. It has download Codes for Metal Gear Solid and VR Missions. MGS 2: Sons of Liberty and, MGS 3: Snake Eater (with Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake in it's menu) on one disc. Then it comes with Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots on another. It cost like $25.

The PS3 is worth getting. Works great as a blu-ray player and it has a bunch of HD collections (Ratchet & Clank, Metal Gear, God of War, Infamous, Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, Ico/Shadow of Collosus, and Silent Hill for example) for around $20 if you're Into that.
>>
you did not miss out on anything by not playing those meme games
>>
>>330217370
Play Metal Gear 1 and 2, MGS 1-4, Peace Walker, and then 5.
All those games besides 5 are available in the MGS: Legacy Collection
>>
>>330217681
>2 best

Can't be anymore gay.
>>
>>330217978
Yeah, I figured I would get Demon's Souls and SotC too.
Guess there's a whole bunch of games you miss out on when you're le mustard.

>>330218057
ok ty
>>
>>330217625
2 was my first one and made going back to play 1 a chore.

>no first person aiming means you can't shoot out radios or headshot
>no need to hide bodies as they just fucking disappear NES style
>>
there are no shit metal gear games
>>
>>330217370
All MGS games that matter are on PS3
get the legacy collection and then MGS 5 for PS4/PC/PS3
>>
If I get a Super Slim at 12gb, how would I go about getting more memory?
I'm guessing the shills also make their hard drives "exclusive" so I can't just plug any old HDD in.
>inb4 google it
There are so many versions and shit and I've been researching off and on for a week. Please just indulge my laziness.
>>
>>330218508
As far as I know other models of ps3 do allow you to plug in most HDDs. Never had a super slim though.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.