[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what the fuck do we know about the NX so far? Nintendo has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7
File: tnmdadgbiwg6cb0gyxbb.jpg (65 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
tnmdadgbiwg6cb0gyxbb.jpg
65 KB, 636x358
So what the fuck do we know about the NX so far?

Nintendo has only said that it doesn't replace the 3DS or Wii U so what could it possibly be?
>>
We know nothing. Everything is rumors or journalists pulling shit out of their asses.
>>
Wait till E3, don't listen all the wannabe 'financial' experts on /v/ and YouTube
>>
Nothing. The only actual true detail we know is that it's not mobile crap, Iwata said it since last year.
We know some devs are developing for it and SquareEnix confirmed DQ11 to be on NX.

Everything else are either retarded speculations and/or stupid rumors people blindly believe.
We know nothing about its power, controller, games, price, launch date, nothing at all. There is just a (very reliable) leak about the NX launching later this year with a Zelda U port. But that's it.
>>
>>330217248
>it doesn't replace the 3DS or Wii U
An outright PR lie. Everyone knows the Wii U (at least) is nearing the end of it's product life cycle.
>>
It's a 32X
>>
>>330219635
Yeah, it is. Unless the NX turns out to be a peripheal that can be connceted to both Wii U and 3DS, then it's all PR talk.

Personally, I don't give a fuck about the NX. Fuck it.
>>
>>330217248
This: >>330219635
They'll keep releasing games for those 2 systems, but the NX is their next thing. But still, it's Nintendo we're talking about. It could be anything.
>>
It definitely is a replacement otherwise the Wii U and even wouldn't be so dry and we'd have a better scope like we did in late 2013-early 2014 when everyone thought the Wii U was picking up steam
>>
>>330217248
Remember how the DS wasn't going to replace the Gameboy?

stupid shiggyposter
>>
>>330220343
>People used to say Nintendo would stop announcing new games for Wii U months ago
>Suddently they do
>But it doesn't count because people is too focused sperging about "sticker Star 2"
They can never win. And Metroidfags have actually managed to give their mental illness to Paper Mario fans.
>>
>>330217248
>>Nintendo has only said that it doesn't replace the 3DS or Wii U so what could it possibly be?

citation needed
>>
>>330221036
The only interesting and good thing in the last direct was that Robo-Kirby game

>Sticker Star wasn't shit
>YOU WILL UNDERSTAND
>>
It doesn't replace the wii u or 3ds because theyre irrelevant

HAHAHAHA
>>
>>330221568
>laughing at your own jokes
lol
>>
>>330221457
>The only interesting and good thing in the last direct was that Robo-Kirby game
No.
>Rhythm Heaven localization
>Mario Maker updates
>Splatoon updates
>More Hyrule Warriors free stuff
>#FE not being cancelled for the west like shitposters said

And SS was shit. But we knew more info about it when we realized it. We know little to nothing about Color Splash. People are basically just sperging about No OC companions and autistically checking the colors of the Toads. Will color Splash be shit? Maybe. But at least let's see more of it, holy fucking shit.
>>
>>330219889
/thread
>>
File: toddlers SOP.jpg (30 KB, 1131x667) Image search: [Google]
toddlers SOP.jpg
30 KB, 1131x667
>m-muh cycle
if this xbox or ps everyone will screaming failure console
>>
The 3DS is still going strong (I wager at least 2 more years out of it), but the Wii U will be put out to pasture once this thing finally gets formally revealed at E3 2016.
>>
>>330221813
what?
>>
>>330221813
Sure, boyo.
>>
>>330221617
Color Splash showed enough though.
Stickers are obviously back and nothing except for the graphics looked good

I give you Rhythm Heaven though, I forgot that one.
I don't have Splatoon or Mario Maker

>More Hyrule Warriors free stuff
Yeah, if you buy an inferior version of a game that you probably own anyways
>>
>>330222108
>I don't have Splatoon or Mario Maker
>>
>>330222108
>Color Splash showed enough though.
It showed basically nothing. Enough my ass. People are just trying to double-up what happened with Metroid FF to give more ammo to their shitposting guns.

The fact you don't have Splatoon or Mario Maker doesn't mean those two weren't interesting things.
And Medli is free on Wii U too, what the fucking hell are you talking about? Did you actually watch the Direct?
>>
>>330221927
>The 3DS is still going strong
Compared to 2013 and 2014, the 3DS released are getting less and somewhat worse by the time. I give it one more year max. Unless the NX will replace both the 3DS and Wii U this very year.
>>
>>330224487
>Pokemon Sun and Moon
>Kirby Planet Robobot
>Metroid Prime Federation Force
>SNES VC

The NX isn't replacing anything. The Wii U will just sort of fade away and the 3DS will co-exist with the NX for a short time, like how the GameCube died when the Wii came out but the GBA still had games even until 2006 and with the DS having arrived in 2004.
>>
>>330224902
Name me an exclusive 2017 3DS game that isn't DQ XI.
>>
>>330224980
>not even past the halfway point of 2016
>wants me to predict 2017

I'll eat a crow if the NX is a handheld, or hybrid.

But then again, that's just baseless conjecture common with all the daily speculation now, isn't it?
>>
NX
>takes the New 3DS XL's price slot bumping it down.
>Improved Slate form factor single 800x1280 or 900x1440 screen
>Same controls as New 3DS
>Plays DS/3DS/N3DS games
>Also plays NX games which are download only
>New 3DS games can be 'NX enhanced'
>SD Card slot
>Able to broadcast signal to HDMI dongle (separate $25 purchase)
>Able to receive broadcast signal from WiiU and act as a WiiU gamepad

New 2DS
>takes the 2DS price point
>basic 2DS form factor but with no extra bezels over the screen
>same controls as New 3DS
>Plays DS/3DS/N3DS games
>compatible with some NX downloadable software
>>
File: Ganondorf horrifies.jpg (136 KB, 473x450) Image search: [Google]
Ganondorf horrifies.jpg
136 KB, 473x450
>>330225240
>New 2DS
That's so retarded it might turn out true.
>>
>>330217248
So far, it seems like a hybrid between home and handheld system. It supposedly has a wireless HDMI dongle, utilizing an advanced version of the Wii U's streaming technology to ensure there's no lag between the system itself and the dongle.

It's apparently using "industry-leading" technology, and will be closest to the Xbox One in terms of power, which, if it really is a hybrid of home and handheld system, is REALLY impressive in my opinion.

It will likely be a new handheld system that can connect to your TV, but it won't replace either current system (WIi U/3DS) because of it's hybrid nature, though this is just me guessing.

Source: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/rumor-a-leaker-with-a-great-track-record-revealed-megatons-of-info-about-ni
>>
File: 1391546006316s.gif (48 KB, 119x125) Image search: [Google]
1391546006316s.gif
48 KB, 119x125
>>330225461
>rumor
>>
>>330225461
Keep in mind that what they mean by 'Xbox One level power' is that it will use the low level Vulkan API which is very similar to D3D12.

Don't expect it to be streaming games to your TV in 1080p, that's what they mean when they say it won't replace the WiiU. It will stream part of the NX screen and the output will be 960x540.
>>
>>330217248
Its going to be a replacement because Nintendo would be retarded not to.
>>
>>330225418
Dude, it's fucking Nintendo. I won't be surprised if a "new 2ds" actually launched. This company is so retarded.
>>
>>330225862
This is true, though I think the resolution to TV might be a bit lower than that, actually (I'm thinking 480p) just to ensure that it's easy for the system to stream. Even then, though, I still find it pretty impressive.
>>
>>330225240
>>330225461
>>330225862
>>330226000
You are all talking about the NX like you know what it is. Please, at least acknowledge in your post you are just making assumptions.
Also, nice trips.
>>
>>330226062
Oh shit, checked.

Also, I know the vast majority of it is speculation, but I feel like there's some truth to it, at least, since literally every rumour ever has said the same things about it.
>>
>>330225958
What exactly is retarded about a New 2DS from a business perspective? Even from a gamers perspective having a very low barrier of entry to the DS game library is a good thing. Ultimately though a 2DS would wind up feeling like the GBA SP2 as new NX models were released.
>>
Just like the DS wasn't going to replace the GBA.
>>
File: 1394812110806.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1394812110806.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
What if the NX can play Wii U games but the Wii U will also keep getting games?
This makes no sense, I know.
>>
>>330226062
Sure its speculation, but Nintendo has been more about incremental improvement than big changes and NX as a hybrid portable device between the N3DS and the WiiU makes more sense than NX as a high priced system that could destroy the Xbox One and PS4.
>>
>>330226256
It's not likely, but if this were the case, it would make sense, believe it or not.
If the NX could play Wii U games, then they could keep making Wii U games for people who own Wii Us and for the people who own NXs.
>>
>>330226519
>If the NX could play Wii U games, then they could keep making Wii U games for people who own Wii Us and for the people who own NXs.
you know, that's the only possibility that wouldn't make me hate the NX.
>>
>>330226727
What if it instead played N3DS games and Nintendo encouraged developers to target N3DS + NX?
>>
>>330226853
Well, I guess that would imply the NX is more a handheld than a home console, so I'd be cool with that too. It's the fact the NX might replace the Wii U that drives me nuts.
>>
>>330217248
I wonder what kind of console it would be that it would take over for both of its home and handheld line of consoles.

How much would such a thing even cost?
>>
>>330227405
I think 400 or 350 might be a fair price for a hybrid. 300 if you want to be competitive and sell at loss, I guess.
>>
it will be
a Mario AI
that will take over the World and destroy
Humanity
thats what the NX will be
>>
>>330217248
>Nintendo has only said that it doesn't replace the 3DS or Wii U so what could it possibly be?

Source or do you just want to stir shit up?
>>
>>330217248
>Nintendo has only said that it doesn't replace the 3DS or Wii U
PR bullshit. You should be used to it by now.
Just look at both systems for fuck's sake. They are barely getting anything aside from spin-offs and shovelware shit.
>>
>>330227625
i bet that seemed very funny in your head, but you must be 18 or older to post here kid. now scram before i r*port you.
>>
>>330217248
Anything is good as long as there are no gimmicks added.

Please Nintendo...
>>
>>330221989
>that picture
That's because there haven't been any positive Nintendo news since the Wii came out. It has been downhill ever since then.

In a perfect world Nintendo would release a powerful console without any gimmicks whatsoever and would actually give a shit about making great games with high production values again that are not made for 5 year olds and mentally challanged potatoes.
I really miss the ambitious Nintendo.
>>
>>330228008
>That's because there haven't been any positive Nintendo news since the Wii came out
There have been plenty. 3DS selling well after the price drop, Nintendo saving Bayonetta 2 from death, Splatoon selling very well despite being a new IP, Tropical Freeze having David Wise for the soundtrack, Kid Icarus getting a great sequel, Megaman in Smash as many wished for, I could go on for a while.
The problem is that each one of the things I listed gets either spinned a bad thing or people simply prefer to look and focus on the bad news rather than on the good ones.
>>
>>330217248
it doesn't replace the WiiU OR the 3DS, it replaces the WiiU AND the 3DS.
>>
>>330228004
yes go away innovation more generic and boring content lets all regress to fucking stone age booyah
>>
>>330217248
>Nintendo has only said that it doesn't replace the 3DS or Wii U so what could it possibly be?
They also said that the DS would be a third pillar to the GBA and Console lines, and it ended up completely replacing the GBA line.
>>
>>330228812
>Waggle
>2screens
>Three-Dee
>Innovashun
>>
>>330228812
Unfortunately, that's what people want. They want a ps4 with a nintendo logo stickied on it.
>>
>>330221617
>Who cares
>Who cares
>Who cares
>How the fuck are you not bored of this yet
>Who cares
Literally, 'Who cares?' the post.
>>
>>330224902
tfw I sold my WiiU 4 months after buying it
>>
>>330229142
I don't think I care about your post either.
>>
A phone/tablet
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.