[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>implying this is not the best game ever made >implying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: gotyay.jpg (310 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
gotyay.jpg
310 KB, 1280x1024
>implying this is not the best game ever made

>implying this is not the best form of media created for entertainment by mankind since forever
>>
>>330214045
>>implying this is not the best form of media created for entertainment by mankind since forever

that would be Terminator 2 actually
>>
nigger
>>
>>330214110
hahahahaha what a huge faggot

i bet you like that movie for arnold muscles you gay cuck faggot
>>
>>330214045
>riding around in my sabre listening to the stupid-ass radio shows

The amount of work people put into the car radio thingy aways blew my mind. I agree with OP to a certain extent, SA was special.
>>
File: 1415342780213.png (588 KB, 824x2000) Image search: [Google]
1415342780213.png
588 KB, 824x2000
I agree that GTA SA is amazing, but my personal favorite is 3.
>>
>>330214247

Yes but why?

San Andreas is simply superior in every single way possible.
>>
File: t2.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
t2.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>330214149
>implying it isn't the best action movie ever filmed

whatever you say PLEB
>>
File: no.jpg (231 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
231 KB, 1000x1500
>>330214309

lol no
>>
File: 1429007242291.jpg (88 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1429007242291.jpg
88 KB, 1024x768
>>330214283
I can explain, but I want to say upfront that I enjoy both games equally.

Map in 3 is much smaller, and therefore easier to remember. I enjoy it more because by the end of my first playtrough I knew it like the back of my hand. I owned the map, I knew the fastest way to get anywhere, and it didn't take long, because again, the map is small. Same reason I enjoy the Mafia 1 map.

Car handling is much more arcade and responsive in 3 than in san andreas. Which is funny, because I actually enjoy IV handling more than V.

General mood in 3 is depressing and dark. The strange motion blur on PS2 plus the ever-present echo makes the city feel dead, like the buildings are just empty monuments of concrete with windows drawn on.

Main character is a badass. He never whines, he doesn't have friends, he never gets sad when his waifu dies and he shoots his "gf" during the credits before the best fitting song for the ending starts. I know it's edgy as fuck, but take it for what it's worth.

And a shit ton of little things - in 3 you enter and exit the car much faster, in 3 your character always faces the direction that you look, eliminating the awkward moments of trying to turn around while standing on an edge and falling down in san andreas and newer gta's.

Of course, SA has many advantages over 3, and like I said I love them equally. But it's just that I love 3 a bit more equally.
>>
>>330214661
oh alrighty then
>>
>>330214045
Thats not MGS3
>>
>>330214045
actually the the best form of media created for entertainment by mankind since forever is "Moonlgiht Sonata"
>>
>>330214661
I can tell you are a nostalgiafag but I can respect that

Shame I never had the chance to pick up 3. Do you think if I did so now it would have the same appeal it did back when it was released, approximately three thousand years ago BC
>>
It is weird I judge these games based on how much Laslo is in it.
>>
>>330214950
Not really, since they ruined laslo when he went from the only sane man in a crazy world, to just a generic stooge in 5
>>
File: 454XPF0rGyE.jpg (180 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
454XPF0rGyE.jpg
180 KB, 960x640
>>330214848
Don't know, I'm not actually a nostalgiafag. I had a Dreamcast until 2003. Played Vice City when I got the PS2, which was my favorite. Never played gta 3 because it was too old, and in my teen mind there was no reason to play older game when a newer was available. Some years ago I exhausted all the new games that I was interested in, and I became less of a dumb fuck, so I decided to play the old classics. GTA3's turn came up mid-2014, and it was the first time I played it for more than 30 minutes and beat it a week later. It became my favorite that very day. I highly recommend that you play it. It's just a game, you aim with mouse and move with WASD, doesn't matter if it's old or new.
>>
>not installing TTDISA
>>
>>330214378
>implying Stalone has anything on Schwarzenegger
>>
>>330214309
One of the best but yest it is definetly up there and anyone swho says otherwise its just trying to bait
>>
>>330214848
I think so. The only thing that is dated about the game is the graphics. But even then its like its own style.

Just try it
>>
File: dasitmane.png (705 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
dasitmane.png
705 KB, 700x700
>>330214309
Damn I love movies that have style changes for the better like Evil Dead I to the craziness of Evil Dead II and the same for Terminator.

What's the video game equivelant where the sequel of a game is different in tone/style and still awesome?
>>
>>330214149
Somebody wasnt even in their dads ballsack when T2 came out
>>
>>330214045
That's not Undertale
>>
>>330214045
>SJWs whine about the lack of representation for minorities in games
>"we want to see ourselves represented"
>this game exists
>honkeys play as a nigger and love it
>>
>>330214283
>>330214661
When 3 came out it was revolutionary.
As a fan who played the 1st 3 games 3 blew my mind.
Vice city is my favourite, where 3 payed homage to scarface, vice city story went full on scarface/goosfellas. Not to mention adding bikes and choppers, well a decent plane to fly too. Also had the best soundtrack imo
sa although it is an ok game, they rushed it, there are a lot of stupid bugs, especially in San fierro. Its too big for iys boots, and cj is out of his league as soon as he leaves Los Santos so the story becomes stupid.
A stupid hood rat nigger working with redneck hillbillys, businessmen, lawyers then the Italian mafia..all while speaking his ghetto speech, its crap.
They obviously didn't take the story seriously and just wanted to show how big they can go before the next gen. Which shows when they dialed down a lot of the useless or gimmick features in 4.

I hope in 6 they do vice city in the hd universe, serious story like 5, maybe I protagonist and a smaller map but also have some whacky stuff in it
>>
>>330214283
I prefer GTA:SA myself, but I kind of miss the excessive chaos of the earlier GTA games. GTA3 was the last one to feature that. In GTA3, the weapons are more powerful, the enemy gangs are less balanced and more of a threat, the missions felt less scripted and allowed a lot of creativity (not saying San Andreas doesn't, but GTA3 encouraged it more), and you were sort of expected to make do with 5-star and 6-star wanted levels, which were almost certain death if you stopped moving for a minute.
>>
>>330214950
>>330215171
Laslow has been working with them since 2, he does most of the comedy on the radios, with vice city having the most funniest skits
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.