[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: OoT homage you're actually okay with.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: HeroofTime.png (216 KB, 640x384) Image search: [Google]
HeroofTime.png
216 KB, 640x384
ITT: OoT homage you're actually okay with.
>>
>>330209709
Twilight Princess is a really good game.
>>
>>330209920
Get your positivity out of here, fag.
>>
>>330209920
It really feels like they were trying to redo OOT with better tech and a darker theme, while not doing a one to one transition of the story. I think they did a pretty good job, but it still has horrible pacing issues.
>>
>>330210026
>a darker theme
And funnily enough, it's probably the least dark Zelda game.
>>
>>330209920
Who do you think you are, having opinions and all.
>>
>>330210026
>were trying to redo OOT
Show your working here
>>
>>330210026
I dont understand this meme. I really don't.

>Link is living a quiet life
>Destiny knocks
>has to go find [x] things
>twist
>has to go find [y] things
>twist
>fights bad guy

That's nearly every zelda, not necessarily OoT
>>
>>330210478
I dont think that's true. MM sure, but the others I think are just frim attributing more weight to the dark semantic content in an aesthetically light game. TP is aesthetically pretty dark, and its one of my favorite things about it.
>>
>>330211104
The people who say that are the people whose only point of reference is OoT, which is disappointing.
>>
I just want people to forget about the 3-pronged timeline released. I thought splittest vs. linear discussion were a shitfest until Nintendo 1-Upped us. The premise of an extra universe where Link dies was just so uncalled for and I can only assume done to fit some games in a different place. This is exactly why stories that involve time-meddling need to be careful with it.
>>
>>330211357
TP is cartoony as fuck though, nearly every cutscene has some kind of comedic relief
>>
>>330211583
Thats true, but come on. Comic relief doesnt nullify the major theme of twilight and shadow. MM had plenty of comic relief, and its still the darkest.
>>
>>330211683
I'd say OoT is the darker game, personally. Everything after you meet Ganondorf outside the castle carried this air of oppression and ominous undertone that the world you left as a child has been utterly fucked up
>>
>>330211992
I will tell you I nearly flipped shit when I came out to find castle town full of ReDeads. They were the bane of my existence.
>>
>>330210835
>>330211418
Do you not remember the context? TP was made as a response to WW, where people complained about the change in art-style, the sailing and the general light-hearted tone.

TP returns to Hyrule (non-submerged) with a large central Hyrule field, Epona, Hyrule town and Hyrule Castle as the final dungeon location. You visit the same people in the same locations (Goron in their volcano, Zora in their domain, Skull Kid in Lost Woods), complete altered versions of the same dungeons, even solve some almost identical puzzles (four poes, etc). It all ends with a big fight against Ganondorf first inside, then outside Hyrule Castle. Also, you play as an adult for the first time since OoT.
>>
>>330212393
>complete altered versions of the same dungeons
?
>>
The carriage defense part made me want to quit the game. The gamepad joystick is fucking horrid and the lockon fucked me over for 15 minutes. Needless to say the horse controls like a wet blanket and the fucking enemies kept spawning in my asshole whenever i tried to shoot the asshole bird
>>
>>330212393
Ganon's Castle and Hyrule Castle are not the same building.
>>
>>330212393
Those are all purely superficial similarities, though. Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess have completely different plots and themes.
I mean, Twilight Princess is a story in which Link isn't even the actual protagonist, but is instead the protagonist's champion.
>>
>>330209709
Who was this supposed to be?
>>
>>330213243
Individually they're superficial. Together they compound to give the feeling that you've seen it all before. The title screen is Link riding Epona through Hyrule field, you gather three Macguffins then the big bad bitch slaps you to set off the plot of the second half, you stop a Goron rolling down a hill, and so on. Little things that add up.

It's particularly notable if you look at Wind Waker or Majora's Mask, which changed all kinds of things.
>>
>>330214628
Link from OoT/MM.
>>
>>330211357
>TP is aesthetically pretty dark, and its one of my favorite things about it.
The darkness of it is why its my least favourite.
I dont like dark games, gothic, horror etc.
But yeah all zelda games have a dark tone to them, basically it is the world under threat from destuction.
Think of OOT the future ganon has fucked the whole world up that was happy and peaceful in the past
>>
Did they fix the Spinner and Rod?
>>
>>330217092
I'm gonna fix your face in a minute.
>>
So why is MM the darkest?
>>
>>330218029
The moon has a scary face.
>>
>>330209709

I never finished a Zelda game from TP onwards. I must have played the first few areas a hundred times I just could not seem to give a shit.

Did I miss anything?
>>
>>330218081
But that allows him to light up the place with his smile.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.