[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that fucking retcon what were they thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: 51iQR0S7wWL.jpg (58 KB, 356x500) Image search: [Google]
51iQR0S7wWL.jpg
58 KB, 356x500
>that fucking retcon
what were they thinking
>>
>>330208021
shit thread
Post HYAAAH HYEEH KYEEEH
>>
>>330208067
fuck you the retcon in SS is fucking shit and nintendo should be ashamed
>>
>>330208021
>retcon

What epic new meme is this?
>>
>>330208227
>Minish cap is released as the origin to why Link wears the green cap
>SS comes out and shits all over that narrative
>>
lemme know when they release an edition with standard gamecube / wii-u pro pad(?) controls and i'll sign right the fuck up, shit i'll buy a nintendo console for the first time
in decades, just get rid of the damn waggle controls.
>>
>>330208359
they would have to redesign the game from the ground up...
that being said, I'm right there with you.
>>
>>330208067
BUTAAAH! EH HE
>>
>>330208359
I don't think there will be a SS remaster, since redesigning the game around regular controls would be a bitch, and also they are focusing on Zelda Wii U now.
>>
>Link is always holding iron boots in his bag
>needs to "equip" them just for them to weigh him down
what were they thinking?
>>
>>330208021
>Fi has always been in the master sword, getting her shit knocked around when you're looking for a wall to bomb
>>
>>330208707
why doesnt fi talk to the other links
>>
>>330209479

She speaks to Link in OoT I think
>>
>>330209510
more info pls
>>
Is there a way to play this game at all without having all this wiimote shit? I just want to emulate it and use a regular gamepad but I'm assuming that won't work
>>
>>330209559
nope. considering a vast majority of the puzzles and mechanics revolve around the wiimote gimmick
>>
>>330209479
she was created to slay Demise, once that job was done she had been programmed to go into sleep mode and await further instructions from the goddess
but the goddess had already gone and reincarnated into a human before the game's start, so that was no longer possible
>>
>>330209618
Just wow.

Guess I can see the appeal of WELCOME TO ISUCKCOCKXOX'S LET'S PLAY OF <GAME>

Literally all I can do is watch a youtube vid of the full game
>>
>>330208268
Maybe it was just a total coincidence that the Link in SS happened to be wearing a green hat?
>>
>>330209737
the only thing I could see potentially getting past the gimmick is if you could map wiimote directions to an analog stick, even then, that would still make it a... not so contemporary zelda game.
Now that I think about it, is that even possible? Mapping the wiimote directions to an analog stick?
>>
>>330209547

When Link approaches the master sword, I'm pretty sure there's a voice talking to him.
>>
>>330209776
SS takes place prior to Minish Cap in the timeline so the actual logic would be that its a TOTAL COINCIDENCE that the cap in MC looks like the traditional hero cap seen in every Zelda game if viewed in the way the timeline is presented.
>>
The wii controls for this game are nowhere near as bad as everyone claims, especially since all wii remotes come with the motion plus. This game is quite fun, but has its flaws. The biggest issue I had was the empty overworld, and despite a creative mode of travel, it was really quite boring going between areas
>>
>>330209821

Even if you could map the sword swings to a right analog stick, you'd be stuck the first time you encounter a boss door key, which you need to rotate in your hand until you find the right position.
>>
>>330209821

Its very possible, but pretty shit. Aiming with the bow for one becomes a goddamn mess due to how the analog stick tracks movement.
>>
>>330209908
Nah they aren't as bad as most people claim. In fact at first I preferred this game to TP. The controls were a fun gimmick that kept me coming back. They make replaying the game an absolute chore though. Art style is nice though.
>>
>>330209887
Yes, that is what I was saying. It was a coincidence.
>>
>>330209981
I thought you were saying that it was a coincidence that the cap in SS resembles the cap in MC, whereas im saying since it happened prior to MC it couldn't be a coincidence since it began the trend according to nintendo. MCs cap is the coincidence, SS is the origin.
>>
>>330208021
Dude, you should have known the writer/director for the zelda franchise was going full fucking retarded with oot.
That shit, in retrospect, is full of the dumbest fucking shit imaginable. WW and the later abomination known as the hyrule historia pretty much fucked the entire goddamend world.

The only thing that can save it now is a full fucking reboot on the NX console plus a new creative team.
>>
>>330208268
Minish Cap wasn't even made by Nintendo.
>>
>>330210186
its in their official timeline, which makes the retcon stupidly offensive to fans.
>>
>>330210062
No, I'm saying that MC is the reason why all other Links wear a green hat, and Link wore a green hat in SS purely by coincidence.
>>
>>330210301
Ah ok.

well that's fucking stupid. fuck nintendo
>>
File: 1415161091000.jpg (15 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1415161091000.jpg
15 KB, 400x300
Anyone know where I can get an .iso of skyward sword, please? kickass only has a JP one and piratebay is kill. All google giving me is totally_legit_iso_torrent.exe tier shit and scam sites
>>
>>330210421
>piratebay is kill
i was rushing to .se to prove you wrong but god damn
>>
>>330210421
emuparadise?
>>
>>330208268
>this is the "retcon" people are pissed off about
>not the whole shit about Demise "cursing" Link and Zelda to forever fight the incarnation of his hate or some shit aka Ganon
>>
>>330211258
That's pretty much the midi-chlorians of Zelda.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.