[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, will Sony release a new Vita model?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: vita fat vs slim.jpg (102 KB, 757x738) Image search: [Google]
vita fat vs slim.jpg
102 KB, 757x738
Hey /v/, will Sony release a new Vita model?
>>
>>330202082
Yeah but it will probably remain Japan only.
>>
>>330202175
Its not region locked thankfully.
>>
No.

They're more likely to kill it off than spend a penny making a new model.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
>>330202175
That's interesting.

I used my vita frequently since early 2013. Now its battery is kinda dead, rear touchpad acts funny and it's really bulky for 2016. I want to buy the new slim model but want to be sure if Sony releases a newer one.
>>
>>330202574
Hey, just keep in mind any games with an online pass, your online passes are tied to the system itself, and if you even switch memory cards, your online passes are all deleted from that system. So you will have to rebuy some games through PSN to get access to online modes.
>>
The Slim model is pretty good, the screen is pretty good as far as LCD screens go.

Micro USB and internal memory do the trick.
>>
>>330203114
Most games were updated to no longer need an online pass since it failed miserably.
>>
Did Sony discover a hidden cache of Nintendium and put it in the vita?
I've dropped my fat so many times and it has yet to break.
>>
>>330202574
just buy a new battery and when you replace it reseat the cable for the rear touch pad or even just buy a new one.
>>
I just want a model with the new buttons but keeping the OLED.
>>
Probably the second I buy one it will be announced.
>>
>>330202082
I thought they kinda did? Isnt there two types?
>>
>>330203570

FUCKING THIS.

While we're at it homebrew for all would be nice too.
>>
>>330202082
Who cares? The Vita is an embarrassment of a handheld.
>>
>>330203898
(you)
>>
Nah. The backlash and poor dales of the slim model crushed it ever getting a 3000.
>>
>>330203962
I speak the truth. The Vita has nothing to offer other than low-quality fanservice games and backwards compatibility with PSP and PS1.

You're better off spending your money on a GPD XD or an Nvidia Shield Tablet with an iPega controller. Both cost about the same amount as a Vita with a 64GB memory card and you can pirate all the games you want on them.
>>
>>330204216
>The Vita has nothing to offer other than low-quality fanservice games

Nice argument. Now fuck off or try again.
>>
>>330204216

>I speak the truth.
Stopped reading there.
>>
I'd rather them just lower the price of their memory cards across the board, especially given it seems like they're officially done with it in the West.

>No 4th anniversary sale
>Plus games have been shit
>>
>>330204545
Stop replying to bait.
>>
>>330204545
>>330204626
>Purse Ownah Fowah!
>Port
>Port
>Watered-down multiplat
>Weebshit
>Port with negligible content added
>Weebshit
>Weebshit
>Watered-down multiplat (Also on PS4 in 1080p)

Great library ya got there, lads.
>>
>>330204629
Man i can't believe its 4 already. Got mine around the first anniversary. They had Wild Arms for free.
>>
>>330204996
Bought mine last year for the 3rd anniversary sale. Was too good a deal to pass up getting all the Atelier Arland titles and SAO:HF for $15 each. Picked up Ys:MoC and P4G used at the same time.
>>
>>330205969
Curious to know, just how big is your autism check?
>>
>>330203214
Officially, that was only EA.
>>
>>330206305
>autism check
While I really don't 'work' for my money, I don't get hand outs.

I am a landlord and the wife is an RN, we have no children, live modestly, so we have lots of money to blow on video games, which we both enjoy. The only thing I have to look forward to each year is paying an ass load of property taxes and having to make sure my properties stay maintained properly.
>>
File: 1457441831034.gif (2 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1457441831034.gif
2 MB, 245x245
>Hey what are some good games for blank?
>List a few games, give reasons as well.
>THOSE GAMES ARE SHIT
>>
Shit is dead because of proprietary memory card bullshit
>>
>>330206631
Fair enough. I'm a bit jealous.
>>
>>330203214
Tell that to my LBPV account.
>>
hows emulation on this thing? Will it be the portable thats good for all emulators?
>>
>tfw no backwards compatible Vita 2 with MircoSD support and higher pixel density OLED screen
>>
>>330208741
God I fucking hate that. You cant even buy the pass for that game anymore. The online is just locked.
>>
File: 1237917779613a.jpg (52 KB, 465x498) Image search: [Google]
1237917779613a.jpg
52 KB, 465x498
>mfw the vita is 2.4ghz

>mfw downloading is fucking slow

>mfw I can't have a movie streaming on my tv and stream games at the same time or else the game fucking chops up

Vita model 3 when?
>>
>>330211479
Considering I never use my Vita, I'd be so upset if they made a new one. But then again, it means you'd have to wait another 3 full years before 3.55 or whatever the fuck will become exploited.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.