[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this game worth spending any time on? i liked twilight princess.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Skyward-Sword-Logo.png (361 KB, 900x648) Image search: [Google]
Skyward-Sword-Logo.png
361 KB, 900x648
is this game worth spending any time on? i liked twilight princess.
>>
>>330065493
wanna keep on with the series?, then yes
wanna play a good game?, then no
>>
>>330065493
No, not really.
>>
I loved it, but it's definitely one of the weaker Zeldas.

Don't listen to /v/.
>>
>>330065493
It's good enough. I liked it a lot.
>>
it's by far the weakest Zelda game. I was only able to beat it because I was snowed in for 4 days and bored out of my gotdang mind. didnt really like it that much honestly

>>330065837
he's obviously on /v/ asking for our opinion, dingus
>>
>>330065493
yes, only contrarians and parkinsons hate it
>>
>>330065493
Yes, the game is great, it's definitely a must play.
>>
It's a good game.

/v/ has a horrible habit of talking up minor nitpicks and calling a game shit for it, especially in regards to the Zelda series.
>>
File: 1441846835178.jpg (64 KB, 260x285) Image search: [Google]
1441846835178.jpg
64 KB, 260x285
boring nice game
maybe i'm too old for zelda games
(thanks souls games)
>>
I wanted to emulate this. I already have a Wii and controllers. I heard this needs the Wii motion+ though.
>>
>>330066274
And Sticker Star
>>
>>330065572
This all the way.
>>
>>330067806
>Emulating Wii games

It's really not worth since a lot of them record Wii motion, I don't even know how responsive it is on the PC if you emulate games like that. You'd be better off playing it on the console itself, it sounds like a hassle to try and play it on the PC.
>>
>>330065493
It's honestly not bad.
>>
Nothing you liked in Twilight Princess is in Skyward Sword.
>>
File: 1457301096965.jpg (70 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1457301096965.jpg
70 KB, 960x960
>>330065837
>>330065837
This. Solid game, loved it personally as well but /v/ will shit on it forever because

> muh OoT
>>
>>330065493
I am a huge Zelda fan and I have mixed feelings on it. On the one hand I love the art, some of the new mechanics are really cool, and there were some neat dungeons.

On the other hand Fi is incredibly annoying, the gameplay gets tiresome and the savepoints mean you have to continue playing well after you would like to.
>>
>>330068142

Yeah, I haven't tried actually emulating a Wii game yet for basically that reason.
>>
>>330065493
I never liked the way Link held his sword in the game, I also didn't really like the gameplay or the swinging mechanics when you're fighting enemies.

I also had a hard time with the game's Wii motion plus shit, I could never fly the bird properly either.

Some people like it, but I got to the first temple and just said fuck, that. My least favorite Zelda by far.

Opinion coming from a massive faggot who buys zelda merch / consoles though.
>>
It's alright. Kind of feels like a stripped down TP in hindsight though. If you like the story then it has probably the most fleshed out characters in the series at least.
>>
>>330065493
I got sick of it. too much running around gathering fairy crystal shits, too much running around places I already been rather than opening up new areas, too much fighting The Imprisoned again and again, too few NPC's to congratulate me for saving them after clearing a dungeon.
>>
>>330068142
Honestly softmodding the Wii is probably the best route. I softmodded mine in 2010 and it was a lot better than an emulator.

Aside from graphics, which enhance the games, but some sacrifices have to be made.

I tried using a controller on Twilight Princess on a Wii Emulator before and it was god awful, in the end I just softmodded my Wii and pirated it.
>>
I honestly loved it, but I definitely see its flaws. The motion controls aren't for everyone, but I found them quite fun. I'd say give it a shot, and if you're not feeling it by say... The third dungeon, drop it. Just remember that this game is much less explore-y than most other Zeldas.
>>
>>330068562
>I also didn't really like the gameplay or the swinging mechanics when you're fighting enemies.
I agree. The combat was all gimmicky directional swings that seemed incredibly forced. The way the bokoblins hold their weapons in different directions was so stupid and the same goes for every swordfighting boss.
>>
>>330065493
the good:
+art style is unique and looks pretty solid
+lanayru mining facility, the dark world version, the final dungeon, and the first and second fire dungeons are all great.
+some good bosses (koloktos)
+groose and link character development

the mediocre:
soundtrack

the bad:
---imprisoned 3 times very little changes
--combat is the same "puzzle" every time
-----very little enemy variety
-------------------------------------------endless handholding from Fi popping up every 5 seconds, plus dowsing
----endless text
-dowsing
-lack of good sidequests
>>
I LOVE this game

I don't give A FUCK what /v/ says. It's a 9/10 in my books. If it had more content it'd be perfect.
>>
The motion controls are the least of this game's problems. If you want a game that respects your intelligence, manages to provide a load of interesting and unique content instead of needless padding, and leaves you feeling challenged and accomplished, stay the fuck away.

Most people I see defending this shit just love it for the anime cliches and will downplay it's issues with "other zeldas do it so it's okay!" or "you're just fat and lazy!"
>>
>>330069236

I dunno, I just really enjoyed it. Maybe because it had been so long since I had last played a Zelda.
>>
>>330065572
first post right post
>>
>>330069236
But anon I actually had fun playing this game.
>>
File: 1457018582613.png (152 KB, 405x750) Image search: [Google]
1457018582613.png
152 KB, 405x750
It's...okay.
The focus on swordplay resulted in some neat enemy designs. Dungeons, particularly the game's "water temple", are pretty good and there's some fun gimmicks like the time stones.
However, the game doesn't even try to hide the fact that it's full of padding.
>You collected the three things! Oh, but even though you did, nothing happened. Go back to the three places you just visited and go to the newly opened area that we conveniently sealed off earlier.
>tadtones
The sky feels like the biggest wasted opportunity ever. You can't fly at night and there's only minigame islands up there. Going below the clouds means calling your bird, flying over the spot, dropping down, and waiting for it to load before you parachute. And since everything is split up into sections, you have to constantly go back and forth on your bird. There's no option to turn off Fi and Hero mode is a disappointment since enemies don't get new attacks or better AI and tutorials+Fi are still there.
>>
my game wont go past the title screen
>>
>>330069830
Oh, and to unlock Hero mode you have to beat the game so you already know how to kill everything.
That's stupid.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.