[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mass Effect 3 DLC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Mass-Effect-3.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Mass-Effect-3.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
I know this game is a bit of a taboo subject given the shitty ending, but is any of the DLC worth it?

I've been replaying the series and I was wondering if I should bother picking up the DLCs, or at least which ones are worth it. Figured if they got the Shadow Broker DLC right with ME2, maybe 3's could be worth it.
>>
>>330061381
I didn't play from Citadel onwards. I think the last one was Leviathan, and it was ok.

Anyway, the extended ending wasn't bad. Synthesis is the best possible ending for me.
>>
>>330061381
I loved the Citadel DLC. It was the perfect way to end my time in that universe. It erased the terrible taste in my mouth the the ending had left.

As long as you're not looking for something played straight. Its very clearly a send off to the fans.
>>
>>330062009
Hm.
That was the one I was looking at getting the most.

Anyone know if Omega is any good?
>>
File: 1457198998073s.jpg (2 KB, 125x88) Image search: [Google]
1457198998073s.jpg
2 KB, 125x88
>>330061873
>Synthesis
From day one its been "Kill the Reapers"

You're out of your mind if after all of that time, all of the lives lost, and all of the sacrifices the universe has made, you decided anything but destroy the Reapers.
>>
>he bought mass effect 3
Kek tho
>>
File: kaidanraep.png (40 KB, 146x131) Image search: [Google]
kaidanraep.png
40 KB, 146x131
definitely.

>the extended cut free dlc is worth it to put a lil' band-aid on the vanilla shit ending.

>the citadel dlc is the longest and most fan servicey one and definitely is worth a buy for tying up loose ends between your crewmembers and LIs if you've stuck with the series for all three games.

>leviathan has a badass story and builds more of the world in lore of ME. features some trippy scenes where shepard is gettin' mind raped by ancient ayys.

>omega is boring shit. only get if you love carrie-ann moss and/or her character aria enough that you would enjoy slogging through a lot of grindy shoot 'em up parts with her as your only ally. features a lesbo turian, but that's about it.

>from ashes includes a prothean crewmember that should've been added into the game from the get go (and sort of was supposed to be in vanilla game). he is pretty chill and has some neat scenes with a lot of characters. he's not essential though if you don't have much money and don't feel like getting to know a new character.
>>
Citadel is absolutely worth it, one of the best DLCs of any game imo
>>
>>330062170
Was nice to see Aria kick ass, but that's it, I'd go with leviathan and citadel
>>
File: jokes.jpg (58 KB, 790x444) Image search: [Google]
jokes.jpg
58 KB, 790x444
>>330062340
>he bought a fun sequel to a massively popular RPG series

HAHA
JOKE'S ON HIM!
>>
>>330062543
I forgot the one with Javik, fuck ea man, that should've been since the start
>>
>>330062723
yeah, that was pretty jew shit they pulled

it's even more wtf when you realize all those convos he has with liara aren't vanilla game like, did they really think people were gonna believe that shit was extra?
>>
>>330062290

People picking synthesis are the people who completely lack the ability to think for themselves. The little totally-not-a-reaper child says it's the best choice and they just outright believe him instead of thinking, "Hey, maybe this little nigga is lying to me."

Think about it. How are new Reapers made? Synthesizing organic and inorganic material together. But what would happen if you took a biological creature and rewrote their DNA overnight? They would still have their original memories, their original instincts. What if the things their natural instincts tell them to eat are now poisonous due to the DNA change? Literally every shred of medicinal knowledge goes flying out the window. New diseases pop up and literally nobody knows what the fuck to do about them. You wake up one day and your body no longer runs on normal food and water but you still crave food and water, which could now possibly kill you. Cool.

But the Reapers don't change at all because they're already synthesized. Basically, synthesis dooms all organic life in the universe except for the Reapers to eventual extinction. It's a logical solution for the Reapers. They have continued their cycle until it has reached a point where it is no longer reliable, the reward of harvesting organic life to reproduce is no longer worth the risk of losing many of their numbers. The cycle can no longer continue. The only logical option is complete destruction of life so the Reapers can live indefinitely, albeit without being able to reproduce. It's the only way to ensure their own survival, organics are getting too close to mass exterminating them (one choice away, really).

Niggas who picked synthesis just wiped out all life in the galaxy because they lack critical thinking ability and fell for the child avatar scheme. Exactly what the fuck the Reapers expected, exactly why the fuck they chose to represent themselves with a child.
>>
>>330063640
>synthesis is the worst ending

Then why does it take the highest EMS to be available?
>>
>>330062816
>hurr, fucking primitives
I know his entire especies was wiped out, but goddamn, fucking hanar are more expresive
>>
Basically what everyone else is saying. Citadel DLC is one of the reasons why I'd rate ME3 higher than what most people would consider it. It doesn't really bring closure to the story but it gives a lot of closure to the game itself and the trilogy. It makes replaying ME3 a lot less paiful for me. It also has a shitton of content if you take it slow and explore everything it has to offer.

Leviathan is more like an extension to the lore while omega is simply fun. Omega was developed by the people who are making MEA right now and it had a few interesting concepts like the class-based interruption prompt other than that it's not really memorable and only exists to extend the playtime.
>>
>>330064017
The higher the EMS, the greater the threat you are.
>>
>>330062527
This. Fuck I think I'm gonna go watch some of the clips again. Grunt as a bouncer and that dancing Vorcha in the elevator was great.
>>
>>330061381
I liked Leviathan and Javik, but didn't bother with Citadel. Could tell it was hopelessly cringe.

Omega was heavily flawed and irritating, but had a few moments.

Extended Cut was throwing a few bandages at a fatal injury.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.