[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fable Legend Cancelled, Lionhead shutdown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: 1450603539687.gif (123 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1450603539687.gif
123 KB, 480x270
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwVl0IK25PA

where were you when Lionhead is kill?
>>
>>330053820
At home, not giving a fuck. Lionhead hasn't produced a quality game in eight years.
>>
Fable Legends was fucking awful. I beta tested it for 6 months and not once did I even feel like this game could succeed. All MS had to do was make a new fable game instead they went for some weird ass mixture of a MOBA within the Fable world.
>>
>>330053820
Lionhead was kill long ago, anon.
>>
File: 1399766992161.jpg (21 KB, 201x219) Image search: [Google]
1399766992161.jpg
21 KB, 201x219
>>330053820
It's not as if Lionhead Studios was going to do anything good with the IP.

>Even eleven years after the first Fable game, not a single one of these fucking idiots ever considered making a Fable game set in the Old Kingdom
>>
>>330054186
I can support this statement. I played early builds of this game with my brother.

Very limiting and underwhelming
>>
no one gives a shit lmao
>>
File: 259.gif (425 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
259.gif
425 KB, 250x250
>>330053820

AND

NOTHING

OF

VALUE

WAS

LOST
>>
>>330053820
I was just in target and I saw an ad for Fable Legends.

Sad to see the series die, even if it never that great. I still enjoyed 1 and 2.
>>
File: typical virgin.webm (322 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
typical virgin.webm
322 KB, 720x404
>>330053820
>Made Fable
People were interested.
>Made Fable 2
Okay, nice but, can you do better?
>Made Fable 3
This is shit
>Made not Fable 4
GTFO
>Made Fable Kinect
Why didnt you GTFO?
>Made newest Fable whatever not 4
Shit gets canceled.
Did they do anything else? Honestly, nothing of value was lost.
>>
Fable 2 is one of my favourite RPG's of all time. I don't know why /v/ hated it.
>>
I do personally miss black and white a bit more. After Fable 3 it was obvious that lionhead can't into rpgs anymore, so trying their luck with "god-bullshit-rts-citybuild-whatever" simulator might have been better. I don't think that there was ever a real chance of them redeeming on fable front...
>>
>>330053820
not even surprised

what would you have wanted microsoft to do -- keep funding this abomination and pay for all the marketing, the tv spots, the production and distribution just to sell the 10 copies of how many people are going to buy this shit?

there's literally no profit to be made from this game and nobody is going to buy it. And it's not Microsofts fault, it's Lionhead for being completely incompetent since Fable 3
>>
How would you have made Fable good?
>>
File: into the trash it goes.jpg (58 KB, 700x479) Image search: [Google]
into the trash it goes.jpg
58 KB, 700x479
>>330053820
>bad game cancelled, bad studio shutdown
>>
>>330056129
this
>>
>tfw RARE's next ;_;
>>
>>330053820
Oooga booga go back to Asia, weeaboo.
>>
>>330057254
Return to the Old Kingdom. Throw out the Victorian era/industrial bullshit. Put emphasis on the Hero's Guild again. Nerf real estate as a means of getting money. Bring back mana for casting. Re-add good utility spells so there's a reason to mix and match magic, ranged and melee. No voiced protagonist. Actually have more than 20 hours worth of content. Make it so that there is actually a tempting reason to be evil. Let players control the modifications that happen to their weapons.
>>
Why was Lionhead so comletely and utterly bumfuck retarded? All they had to do was make a good Fable game and they couldn't even do that.
>>
>>330053820
Does that means they are selling their 'black&white' patent?
>>
>>330053820
Nothing of value was really lost, Peter left a long time ago, their best game was The Movies, and their one hit wonder was Fable.
>>
>>330053820
I can't even pretend to give a shit.
>>
>>330056129
is he okay?
>>
>>330056129
I didn't knew you could die from falling off a chair while trying to grab food
>>
File: 1.jpg (174 KB, 674x755) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
174 KB, 674x755
Fable 3 is the worst game I've ever played in my life. I'm not being melodramatic. Just godawful.

A few years ago they gave it away for free as an apology for server downtime. I would've preferred a free day of Xbox Live or something.
>>
I swore off Lionhead after Fable 3.

What a shitty fucking game.

>Voiced protag
>Shittier spell system
>Big bad Lovecraftian monster
>Shitty "pause" menu
>>
>>330053820
Call me a faggot but it makes me a little sad. Grew up with Black & White, Fable and The Movies, which were quality games, and B&W2 was a flawed gem. It's a mercy killing though, they were completely devoid of any semblance of life by this point.
>>
>>330054090
This
>>
>>330060221
Heart attack.
>>
I'm not even mad.it was obvious that they didn't know wtf to do with the series. Maybe ms can get a better and more capable
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.