[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did I just get memed on? Because this game pales in comparison
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
Did I just get memed on? Because this game pales in comparison to Megaman Zero in just about every way I can think of.
>>
>>330050746
It's ok, but it shouldn't have been marketed as being like Megaman.
>>
>>330051002
theyre probably doing this just to bring in the last of the Megaman fans in before they sink the ship.
>>
>>330050746
It's also censored.
>>
File: CbwEEvaUUAEU-oN.png (814 KB, 565x800) Image search: [Google]
CbwEEvaUUAEU-oN.png
814 KB, 565x800
>>330050746
The game isn't perfect but it tries to be it's own thing while obviously being heavily inspired by MMZ, which I think Inti really enjoyed their time working on. The sequel looks pretty good from what we just saw last week so I've got good hopes for it. Also, are you playing the 3DS or Steam version?
>>
>>330051002
Yeah, comparing it to Megaman seems like a poor choice. There's similarities but obviously not the same thing. Also involving Inafune seemed kind of iffy. His name got the game more notice perhaps, but with the recent events with MN9, they've been compared to a lot, usually negative for MN9. Inafune's involvement in the series is also really light, from what I can tell. I heard he advised them a bit on the gameplay and he's listed as a promotional guy, but that's about it. I've seen people credit him for other things though.
>>
>>330051793
Steam version. But my complaints aren't with the port it's just the gameplay itself.
>>
>>330050746

Gunvolt is a mediocre Megaman Zero.

Megaman Zero games are 10/10 games though. A mediocre version is still a 6-7/10 or so.

Just like how Mighty No. 9 is a mediocre Megaman game.

Except that Megaman games were 8/10 at best. A mediocre version is about a 4-5/10, which is shit.
>>
>>330052130
Perfectly understandable. I love the game but recognize it has it's flaws. What are your critiques with it?
>>
Seeing how this is on sale and I've been hesitant on it in the past, red pill me on this. Note that I'm not a huge fan of MegaMan but this looks sort of fun.
>>
>>330052342
There's no real depth to the gameplay. Tap an enemy a few times, hold down Flashshield until dead. Bosses are increadibly lame and easy. Especially since you can just tap them and drain their life bar quickly while dodging their attacks.

There doesn't seem to be anything that I can 'improve' on other than just not getting hit at all and going for ranks. Which is fine, but not when the gameplay is so boring to begin with.
>>
>>330052342

>Tagging system ruins fluidity of levels

Not him, and I have a bunch of criticisms about the game, but this is easily the biggest one.
>>
How does it compare to any Megaman games released in the last 10 years?
>>
>>330053062
Megaman ZXA was released in 2007.

ZX3 never ever.
>>
>>330052879
If you've got a 3DS, you could always try the demo and see if you like it.

>>330052925
I think you get more fun out of the gameplay when you're attempting to do a challenge or gt a high Kudos count, but playing normally, yeah it's a bit bland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1aRgKj3RQw

Not sure if you saw the trailer for the second game, but Copen becomes playable and he seems like he'd be fun to play.

>>330052954
I'm really curious about what they're planning to tweak with GV since his gameplay didn't look different in the GV2 trailer. Hopefully that's just because they don't want to reveal it yet.
>>
>>330053119
You heard that they wanted to make it, right?
>>
>>330053119
I really hated pandora and prometheus, so in some ways, I'm glad we never got ZX3 with them being the players. They're just so shitty personality-wise and ugly as fuck design-wise.
>>
>>330053062

>only one real megaman game released in the last decade

That was a bad question.

I'll humour you though.

>Top Tier
MMX
MMZ2
MMZ3

>High Tier
MM2
MMX2
MMX8
MMZXA

>Good Tier
MM3
MM9
MMX3
MMZ4
MMZXA

>OK Tier
MM10
MMV
MMX4
MMX5
MMZ
MMZX

Gunvolt's worse than everything listed above, but equal to or better than most of the rest of the games (X6 is an anomaly that you either love or hate).
>>
>>330053789
>ZXA listed twice.
>>
>>330053898

I'm retarded. I'd put ZXA in Good, but some put it in high.
>>
>>330053445
It really is more of a score attack game than a straight up action game.
>>
>>330053789
Nah, I'd say that X6 is a game that you love its best ideas, and love when it's good, but absolutely dread all of the bad parts and bad ideas. There's so many "what the fuck where they thinking" aspects, but a decent chunk of the game does have really good ideas. Unfortunately, those really bad parts drag the whole experience down, especially because the good ideas are scattered about, and thus you have to dig for them at times. I'm not even talking about using just unarmored X, I mean there's some shit that just flat out sucks, no matter what you use. Gate's Fortress 2 was rancid shit, even with armored X. Gate himself was annoying as fuck to fight. High Max? Get the fuck out with that shit. In addition, making upgrade chips have the potential to be permanently lost and entirely unknown to the player also sucked. One thing that I think could have potentially salvaged the game to an extent, and I think should have been implemented as early as X4 with its two buster arms, is being able to switch armors on the fly, just like MM6, but go so far as to even tie it to a button like CWRM6. I mean, a fucking game boy color game pulled this shit off with Xtreme mode where you can swap between X and Zero. On top of that you can even freely equip upgrade chips from the pause menu. Now, Capcom: You're telling me that you couldn't do the same shit with a fucking PS1 game? Jesus Christ. I know that nobody, NOBODY wanted to make X6, but were forced to do so, but for fuck's sake, they could have tried. Goddamn.
Some anon tried to defend X6 by saying that it wants you to play with all the upgrades possible, but for fuck's sake this isn't an RPG.
>>
Should I pick this up on the 3DS considering my only computer is a shitty netbook whose screen is only connected by the wires?
It's on sale at the moment and I've heard there's meant to be a patch coming that adds the Steam content/translation and JP audio.
>>
>>330050746
man megaman zero was the shit
>>
>>330055339
There is no saying when that patch will come, anon.
>>
>>330055458
>>330055339
Sadly, they haven't given a date for it but I don't think the problem lies on Inti's end. I've heard a lot of people say they've had problems dealing with Nintendo for updates and patches.
>>
>>330053789
>putting MMZXA over MMZX
>>
>>330055608
I wouldn't doubt it. Nintendo is shit involving anything online.
>>
>>330055645
Have you played MMZX lately?
It's fucking mediocre as shit. It has less content and movesets than fucking Zero 4.
And Zero 4 was like a retarded Zero 2.
>>
>>330055645
>not putting ZXA over ZX
Do you like to get lost, anon?
>>
>>330055741
not going to disagree that zero 4 was dumb. i guess i didn't play mmzxa much so I can't form that much of an opinion
>>
>>330054859
The absolute worst part of X6 were those fucking red donuts. Just one would have been an annoying miniboss but having like... 6? 7 of the bastards? And I normally LOVE the Fire stages.
>>
>>330055608
>I've heard a lot of people say they've had problems dealing with Nintendo for updates and patches.
Fucking oath.
>Shin'en Games announced their patch for FAST Racing Neo had been submitted to Nintendo around about the 23rd of January and it "should hopefully be out soon".
>It's now March 8 and there's still no update.
Every time someone asks where the patch is all we get is "soon".
I just want the online to be fixed so hopefully it won't be as dead.
>>
File: 1431135894899.png (322 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1431135894899.png
322 KB, 1000x1000
>>330052925
Sounds like someone has never got an S+ rank.
>>
>>330053681
You sound like such a turbo faggot. God damn.
>>
So... Does the 3DS version have all of the features included on the Steam Version yet?
>>
>>330056750
The 3DS version isn't getting any of that, sadly. I don't think they ever stated they were coming to 3DS anyways, just Japanese Voice mode.
>>
>>330056750
no. Mainly because of nintendo being a little bitch.
>>
>>330056750
Just to be clear, you mean things like the various Speedrun modes and Easy/Hard difficulty, right?
>>
Did the game on 3DS ever get updated with the content the PC port had that wasn't axed from the JP original?
>>
>>330057064
>>330055608
>>
>>330057020
Everything actually, also the removed content.

3DS would be best to get, but I don't want to buy something that's gimped, then again I can just pirate the JPN game.

I just wanted to support Inti on the 3DS since I got the Steam version because it had everything, it just lacks that toilet play.
>>
>>330057276
It's not getting those other modes and we're still waiting on the patch. I mean, it's on sale right now so it's not too bad and I think I prefer playing it on 3DS as well, but I'm just waiting for the patch play it again on there.
>>
>>330053681
they were a fun fight in zx
>>
>>330052315
>Megaman Zero.

8/10 at most lol
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.