[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any games that potray nuclear bombs as the horrifying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Atomic_bombing_of_Japan.jpg (2 MB, 4918x2918) Image search: [Google]
Atomic_bombing_of_Japan.jpg
2 MB, 4918x2918
Are there any games that potray nuclear bombs as the horrifying weapons of mass destruction that they are instead of just big explosions?
>>
Fallout, Cuban Missile Crisis
>>
MGS3
That one level in Cod4 that most people have forgotten about
>>
Fallout 1 and 2, when nuclear bombs were terrifying and unspoken to the people of the Wasteland.
>>
The entire MGS series
>>
>>330050190
Walk around not knowing what to do: the game
>>
>>330048650
Defcon
>>
Rise of Nations has an armageddon clock that kills everyone once you ( and all other players) use enough nukes.
Its an interesting mechanic, and mainly just turns into MAD, as the first nation to use nukes usually does so with careful deliveration, as it sets off everyone else's nukes wiping out wide scathes of the map and rendering entire continents practically useless.
>>
>>330048650
That one level in CoD 4 where you bear witness to it while on the ground, shit was like something straight out of a fictional depiction of Hell.
>>
>>330050475
holy fucking shit are you retarded.

NPCs tell you what to do and you have a fucking active quest log. How much more handholding do you need.
>>
>>330050475
eat shit and die
>>
Cod mW
>>
>>330050089
>>330050190
These. I had totally forgotten about that helicopter scene in cod 4. Game had some great moments for what it was.

Raccoon city getting nuked is pretty sad but I don't actually remember what game it happens in. Just knowing that the mansion, police station, and almost every character is gone is depressing. hotline Miami 2 nukes had a cleansing bittersweet feel to them which was kind of interesting. The climax of mgs:peacewalker didn't actually have any destruction but was ass clenchingly tense.
>>
>>330048650
Crysis

detonating a nuke during MP and seeing a whole region getting blown the fuck out was something else
>>
>>330048650
arma2
>>
The New Order has a bunch of newspaper articles that talk about the horror of a nuke being dropped on New York.

It's pretty dark because most of them read like they swapped Hiroshima for New York.
>>
>>330053250
I'm pretty sure you're thinking of RE 2/3
>>
>>330053546
>that newspaper article written in actually good italian about Germany betraying Italy and annexing it by force
Scary shit
>>
The Metro games. Last Light is cool because you go into the bombed out city and see flashbacks of people when the explosion happened.
>>
Ace Combat Zero did an all right job.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.