[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Operator TIER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: operators.jpg (63 KB, 600x364) Image search: [Google]
operators.jpg
63 KB, 600x364
Games and mods where you can be an Operator.
Let me start:
ARMA series
Insurgency
Black Ops (I know, I know)
MOH (I know it too, but they all were Operators)
Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon

Coming some time in this life:
Ground Branch
Escape from Tarkov
Insurgency: Sandstorm
>>
>>330046567
>CoD
>Insurgency
>MoH
and none of those new games are operator either. You have no clue what it means do you.
>>
>>330046724
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Mission_Unit
Am I missing something?
>>
>>330046884
Just because they are called operators in a game means absolutely nothing.

Calling a game operator is about the gameplay, not what you call the people involved.
>>
>>330046567
Never played arma.
Can someone describe it to me?

If you die once, is it game over? Case it's supposed to be realistic right?
>>
>>330047004
Okay, I bite. But IMO Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon series (way back in the beginning) were just that. Also, Ground Branch is looking to be exactly that.
>>
Alpha Protocol
>>
>>330047180
Depends on the gamemode, In most cases - yes
>>
File: GCrlzp2.jpg (41 KB, 1050x700) Image search: [Google]
GCrlzp2.jpg
41 KB, 1050x700
>>330047180
ArmA is a military simulation with lots of left-field MP game modes

Pretty based game
>>
MGSV is a fun for operating
>>
>>330047180
Arma is more about the editor. You can make any type of conflict you want then play it with friends.

Go watch some vids on the new eden editor.
>>
>>330047358
the fuck is the point of putting your bed like that?
>>
>>330047358
So are you expected to never get shot in SP?
Do you have to bandage yourself and take care of troops or something?
Is there a story mode, or just missions? How's player /weapon customization?
Asking all about SP cause I got arma 2 in a humble bundle but never touched it cause it took literraly like an hour on some battleship, then we had to take a boat to land or something.
>>
>>330047684
>So are you expected to never get shot in SP?
Yes. That would be how shit works. You don't get shot, don't die. If you get shot, you die. Do not pass "go", do not collect 200 dollars too.
>>
>>330046724
Why not? I mean, I see you getting buttmad about Blops and MoH, but what is wrong with R6/GR?
>>
Mercenaries 2 I guess
>>
>>330047004
>insurgency isn't

Confirmed never played
>>
File: Mercenaries_2_cover_art.jpg (49 KB, 256x316) Image search: [Google]
Mercenaries_2_cover_art.jpg
49 KB, 256x316
>>330048896
This? Are you a joke?
>>
>ctrl f
>no operation flashpoint
>>
I just discovered in Squad that people can turn off shadows completely. It's basically cheating and its right there in the options. Suddenly the whole map lights up and people hiding under trees are clearly visible. Made me not want to play anymore.
>>
YOU ARE DELTA OPERATORS! FUCKING ACT LIKE IT!
>>
File: customization.jpg (294 KB, 1200x1106) Image search: [Google]
customization.jpg
294 KB, 1200x1106
>>330050990
Aye Aye!
>>
>>330050816
You mostly turn off shadows because of the massive fps boost.
>>
>>330051624

Ya but its the same crap as back in day where faggots turn down level of detail or something and suddenly hiding in the grass becomes detrimental to you instead of helpful. Cause the toaster user has none render past 10 feet. And dont think for a second there arent tonnnns of faggots with high end computers that will still turn down graphics to get an edge.

I got Squad because it supposedly didnt have things like that. It seemed to be a properly made tactical game... Oh wait. Nope. I keep telling myself not to listen to people online. I mean i even specifically asked about things like this and several people said nope, none of that BS in THIS game!
>>
File: mute_profile_201504.jpg (294 KB, 785x768) Image search: [Google]
mute_profile_201504.jpg
294 KB, 785x768
No edgy operators the game posted

Siege is actually a very good game, i don't think even Ubi realized this. It must be a suprise to find people actually likes this one over their turds.
>>
>>330052021
It really doesnt matter. A handful of faggots who can see better wont outplay well coordinated squads.
>>
File: wep0n.jpg (58 KB, 1200x870) Image search: [Google]
wep0n.jpg
58 KB, 1200x870
>>
File: implying.jpg (23 KB, 404x554) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
23 KB, 404x554
>>330052225
>DOB: 1991
>>
>>330052273

It definitely matters. A squad moving up through wooded areas can be mowed down by 1 guy easily if they are all clearly visible.
>>
>>
>>330047684
arma 3 is a very, VERY big game. there are more casual modes where getting shot doesnt kill you, and milsim modes where getting shot can more than likely kill you.
Arma 3 is like garrys mod, its a platform that the community is supposed to build on, in itself its very basic and not rreally enjoyable, but if you have a group of friends, and/or can find a milsim group youll have your moneys worth with it
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.