[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: Sanic.jpg (37 KB, 300x382) Image search: [Google]
Sanic.jpg
37 KB, 300x382
What went wrong?
>>
it's not 2d and sprite-based
>>
It's Sonic Team
>>
>"dah game waz glitchy!!!"

The game had mediocre story and level design, 4kidz voice actors and a lackluster ost (other than the vocal tracks, those were good).
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 980x1040) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 980x1040
Everything about it .

>Story was furry pedophilia
>God Awful camara and controls
>Shit characters you are forced to use
>Game itself was just dull
>Sega still thinks sonic is a thing
>Just kill the poor bastard already, he dosent deserve all this
>>
>>330046193
It existed.
>>
>>330046501
>Just kill the poor bastard
You're acting like Sonic 06 was yesterday and not 10 years old. Unleashed was okay, Colors was great, Generations was fantastic, Lost World was... Ehhhh?

With a 25th Anniversary game on the horizon, why would you want them to quit now?
>>
>>330046193
Everything.
>>
I still can't find a PS3 download for it.
>>
It was rushed out the door only with the 15th anniversary deadline in mind and nothing else.
>>
>>330047236
They removed it from both Xbox Live Store and PlayStation Store because of the growing reputation it got over time. They also did it because in 2010 they wanted to refresh Sonic's image.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 640x688) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 640x688
>>330047045

I still have a copy of Sonic Adventure 2.
So someday I can tear it to pieces with my son.
>>
File: 1456056805677.jpg (31 KB, 561x456) Image search: [Google]
1456056805677.jpg
31 KB, 561x456
>pretending its worse than sonic boom

Literally kill yourself. You can at least have fun playing 06 cause its so silly and has just dumb shit to laugh at.
>>
>>330047417

I mean an iso. I can't find one.
>>
File: 1457044900032.gif (1 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1457044900032.gif
1 MB, 245x245
>>330047425
Me too, Anon.
Signed by Jun Senoue and everything.
>>
>>330047578
Not many people bought it on PS3, despite the PS3 having a small line up of games at launch. Therefore it's unlikely people would bother dumping the .iso file.
>>
>>330047773

Bollocks. I don't want to pay money for this.
>>
>>330046193
There was clearly very little direction in the development process:

-a large chunk of the game is Rehashed (poorly) from Sonic Adventure

-The game has physics engine that only 1 of the playable characters can make any use of.

-The plot is all over the place, shadow's whole story ark makes zero fucking sense.

-90% of the games budget went into the opening cutscene.

-The final mission is an artificially difficult piece of shit.
>>
>>330046193
Sony and Microsoft wanted the game to be released before Christmas IIRC
>>
>>330047821
I was able to find a copy disc only for 99 cents unscratched. It's uncommon compared to the 360 version, but it isn't rare to find disc only.
>>
>>330046193
Short dev time.
Half the dev team split off to make Secret Rings when they realized they couldn't port it to Wii.
Original executive producer left halfway through to make his own dev studio.
Developed by Sonic Team in Japan instead of the US-based dev team that had made the previous four games.
A third of the gameplay consisted of a thrown-together physics engine tech demo forced into the game.
Story was written so that the main character was an afterthought in his own game.

And most importantly: Sega head offices insisting it be rushed out the door regardless of what state it was in.
>>
>very tight schedule
>pressure from console makers and sega to have it out for the holidays (ps3 didnt make it, i can only imagine how poor sonic team had to waste their christmas 2006 quickly porting it to PS3 by january)
>resources were taken from it for shadow the hedgehog and sonic and the secret rings
>after shadow finished, sonic team usa merged back to sonic team japan
>they pretty much started programming it after shadow finished (think 1.5 year or so of development time total)
>along with merging and company reconstruction, yuji naka left somewhere around this time

Its actually amazing how it ended up as good as it did with the turbulent cycle and outside problems it had. Its probably the "best" rushed game I have ever played. Its just a shame the game itself is boring and no amount of glitch fixes wouldve made it any fun, so the kids who were 7 when it came out and it was their first sonic are just fucking retarded. Its very possible to get some regular runs in and try to have some fun with it, especially in crisis city and tropical jungle.
>>
>>330047425
>Tear to pieces the best chaos garden game
Nigga pls.
>>
>>330046193
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn30m32JTVo
It's actually brilliant that players have designed a meta strategy to play as little of the game as possible
>>
>>330046193
Everything. The glitches are barely icing on the cake - the only part that's really ruined is
>Knuckles/Rouge climbing
>Sonic vs. Silver
>>
>>330046193
Unfinished piece of shit.
>>
>>330048494

>Half the speed run is loading screens
>>
At least it gave us some unintentionally hilarious shit like
https://youtu.be/XDiKbRD5Wjg?t=9m17s
>>
File: 1418118267165.png (26 KB, 285x234) Image search: [Google]
1418118267165.png
26 KB, 285x234
I still cant believe the complete turn around they made just 2 years later with unleashed. From sonic 2006 to unleashed 2008. That is just fucking incredible and theres so much effort and fun levels in unleashed. They went from the worst sonic game to the best one. Outfuckingstanding
>>
>>330049065
>muh warehog levels
>>
>>330046193
Everything except the music.
>>
File: Egg Cerberus.jpg (704 KB, 1600x1192) Image search: [Google]
Egg Cerberus.jpg
704 KB, 1600x1192
>>330048494
I forgot this zoid existed in the game.
>>
>>330049273
Sure they werent as fun as the day levels but on their own they had some good platforming, that was the last game where sonic was actually 3D platforming. I also replayed them tons of times just looking for medals and other collectibles, getting exp to level up. I also really LOVED the lighting and use of color in night stages, they were just picture perfect vistas that youd see in traveling post cards and shit. But those day stages...holy fuck those were the peak of sonic. Spagonia, adabat, and shamar day are INCREDIBLE
>>
They didn't do the Silver campaign and Jon's never coming back.
>>
Even if it wasn't an unfinished bloated mess, it would've still failed. The story was far campier than any of the sonic adventure series and the gameplay changes were minimal. You know i'm right.
>>
>>330049065
Sonic Unleashed is probably the best looking Sonic game in a long time. The graphics and visuals in Unleashed look better than most games out in 2008. (Most gritty realistic games looked ugly last gen)
>>
>>330049830
2008? Nigger it looks better than a ton of games released in 2015 and 16

If this years sonic doesnt go back to fully using the power of the hedgehog engine like unleashed did, its STILL not going to look as good. Generations and lost world butchered that fantastic engine
>>
>>330049820
>gameplay changes were minimal
Actually they were huge, and ruined what was decent in the Adventure games. Sonic no longer has slope acceleration/deceleration, meaning that he is almost always slower than in previous games. And even in the Mach Speed sections it's real speed that you build up, it's just Sonic being whipped forward like magic.
>>
It was rushed.

They split the dev team in half to make the secret rings and then somehow also wanted to rush the game for xmas.

It clearly needed like another year or more of dev time, and it probably would have at least been on par with the other adventure games in terms of gameplay.
>>
>>330049964
I thought Generations looked fine. Just less picturesque since they went away from Pixar-like environments to "old level with a new coat of paint" which just looked okay.
>>
>>330050009
>minimal
My bad, I meant to say innovative. Sonic wasn't fast and Shadow got to ride around in useless vehicles, whereas Silver has the most unique gameplay. It's mitigated however by the fact that his story has the least content and that he's by far one of the worst characters.
>>
>>330046193
Just about everything.
>>
>>330046193
I've played the sonic and shadow routes, I couldn't bring myself to do the silver one, the game is playable but it's so mundane and repetitive it hurts.
>>330047559
>Implying anyone compared it to sonic boom
No one said anything about sonic boom retard, the thread is about how shitty the game is.
>>
>>330048494
The music really is too good for the game it's in.
>>
File: gottagowow.jpg (25 KB, 296x413) Image search: [Google]
gottagowow.jpg
25 KB, 296x413
>>330048632
>wanting to watch the gameplay
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.