[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meanwhile at Fromsoftware studios...: >Hey I got a idea for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
Meanwhile at Fromsoftware studios...:
>Hey I got a idea for a boss
>what if we put 3 bosses in the same are they attack the player at the same time
>We will make one of them a annoying mage that will constantly throw fireballs at you
>one that will endlessly try to slice you
>And the best part when you kill one of them, lets buff them and make them even more annoying by giving them long range stretchy swords and let the other guy spawn in a ENDLESS BARRAGE OF FUCKING ONE-HIT -KILL GIANT FUCKING SNAKES.
>I am sure this would be best boss in the game and will entertain the players.
>Miyazaki: Brilliant, What should be call them
>Hmm, i know lets call them "Shadows of Yharnam

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!!!!!??
ITS THE ONLY BOSS THAT PISSES ME OFF ON BLOODBORNE!
>>
git gud
>>
>>330045878
At least they're designed around being a squad, unlike DaS2 enemy and boss placements. They're all pushovers on their own, take out the melee cunt first because he's the most aggressive, then the candle guy. After that it should be smooth sailing as long as you spam dodge to avoid the tentacle rape.
>>
yep
git gud
>>
Currently in NG+ with these fucks, why do they make you go all the way back to the first forbidden woods lantern when you die from them?, thats like a insult to injury
>>
>>330046252
you know there's an elevator that leads like right to where the shadows are, right?
>>
File: 1452710877447.png (19 KB, 468x422) Image search: [Google]
1452710877447.png
19 KB, 468x422
I beat them first attempt.
>>
File: 1454358674180.jpg (61 KB, 1583x830) Image search: [Google]
1454358674180.jpg
61 KB, 1583x830
shaman bone blade
>>
>>330045878
I can't stand telling people who start threads about this boss

I beat it on the first try
git gud
take each one on 1v1
their susceptible to stun lock
very easy to kill with saw blade
constantly keep dodging
>>
>>330045878
Embarrassing.
>>
GIT GID
>>
>>330046343
wait what? There was a elevator???
>>
I might understand your complaint if it wasn't for that large tombstone that blocks those fireballs.
>>
>>330046547
No, you fight these enemies later as a wandering mob in a different area. Which means you really need to git gud.
>>
Meanwhile at OP's house
>I'm a huge faggot
>It's clearly the designers fault that I suck at video games
>I could git gud but instead let me bitch about it on a chinese cartoon forum
>>
>>330047140
but those don't have multiple forms and nearly as much health anon
>>
>>330046182
I'm pretty sure the Ruin Sentinels were designed around being a squad.
>>
>>330047259
They still have some health, and more importantly no object to hide behind.
>>
File: Art-darksoul2-mob-01.jpg (1018 KB, 1577x1100) Image search: [Google]
Art-darksoul2-mob-01.jpg
1018 KB, 1577x1100
>>330045878

I have no qualms around summoning for Souls Bosses where their difficulty is "Fuck you have several opponents".
>>
>>330047365
Not well designed though, I hate that they can all do the spin at the same time and become an inescapable tornado of death. Plus the first guy's own attacks tend to send him off the ledge he's on.
>>
I never understood people's trouble with this boss and Rom. I beat both first try, but then again I struggled on wheelchair McSlashy.
>>
I beat them my first try. You should try and get better at playing the game.
>>
>>330047523
I have beaten every boss solo, the only boss I cheesed was Ebrietas because of that bullshit charge, but even then it was still solo. BB is not hard once you learn to dodge, compared to Dark Souls where it's more learning invincibility frames so you can slow roll through an attack and not get damage even though it appears you're getting hit.
>>
>what is parrying
>what is shaman bone blade
>what is kiting
>what is getting all of them to 30% before snake phase
>what are beast blood pellets
>what are buffs
>what are summons

I didn't even know it was possible to be that bad in vidya games OP.
>>
>>330045878
This is actually one of the better bosses in bloodborne, not my problem if you just rushed into the middle of them when it's so easy to use the terrain to isolate them.
I'm guessing O and S was too much for you too?
>>
>>330045878
I like Shadows, but the boss run to them is cancer
>>
File: defcon4.jpg (51 KB, 359x305) Image search: [Google]
defcon4.jpg
51 KB, 359x305
>>330046547
>he's been running all the way through the woods every time to get to Shadows of Yarhnam every time
>>
File: Viper-Pit-Hatchling_small.jpg (18 KB, 434x270) Image search: [Google]
Viper-Pit-Hatchling_small.jpg
18 KB, 434x270
>>330045878
>one hit kill snakes
Sounds like some is bad at making builds, I thought this was one of the easier bosses especially on NG+
>>
File: large_snake_ball.jpg (16 KB, 441x248) Image search: [Google]
large_snake_ball.jpg
16 KB, 441x248
>>330046547
Don't worry man I did the same thing in blood starved beast
>>
>>330050186
luckily i beat blood starved beast on first try, have no idea where the shortcut is.
>>
>>330046547
Didn't know that too.
But i've never lost a single time against this "boss".
>>
File: 1459864712356.png (179 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1459864712356.png
179 KB, 600x600
literally first try kill
>>
>>330046547
There's actually 2 elevators, one is to the right Immidetly after second Snek-Man, which takes you back to the hut next to the lamp. The second is at the opposite end to the Shadows in the swamp with two pigs, up a little hill with a Snake Man. If you found the Ayy-Lmao's it's directly opposite them, it leads to the big Windmill with the first Snake Man.

So after dying to the shadows you should be
> respawn
> Go into hut next to lamp
> down elevator (remember to send it back up)
> go left across bridge, killing the one enemy if you want.
> Go straight ahead through building
> Down the next elevator
> Walk forward and kill another Snake Man.
> You are now at the Pig Swamp.

And even with 2 elevators it's probably the longest boss-run in the game, if you are having to run a huge distance back to a boss you probably missed an important shortcut.
>>
Not even close to being as bad as the gank squad in DS2, I don't know what the fuck they where thinking when they made that boss.
>>
I really like this fight tbqh in the beginning i was getting really mad but when i found a tactic that worked (stunlocking the fuck out of the mage when you leave him as the last one) it was fun
>>
I never say this but get good.
>>
>>330048682
> Getting all of them to 30% before Snake-Phase

That's the hardest way to do it because it means your dealing with 3 buffed guys at once. The easiest way is to kill them in order of aggressiveness.

> At the start of the fight focus on Sword-Only Shadow, move behind giant gravestone to block fireballs and he'll be the first to reach you. Parry him or just attack him, and keep moving around the Gravestone to avoid the others who are slow in comparison. Once he gets to 15%ish health he'll grow Snake-Arms and the other two will buff as well. This is bad, but you should be able to kill him during the animation where he is harmless.
> Next kill the Sword-Flame Shadow, he has an annoying stretch attack but he uses it far less frequently and moves slower than the Sword-Only guy if he makes it to this stage. Use the same stratedgy and keep the Grave between you and Fireball Shadow. As soon as you kill him the final one will enter the third phase and giant Snakes will appear everywhere. When he's on low health make sure you know exactly where the Fireball guy is and get to him ASAP.
> Get to Fireball guy and hit him, he has no Poise/SupeArmour at all and every hit from even the Threaded Cane will interupt his attacks. As long as you can manage your stamina (it's not hard, I did it with 10 END) he won't even be able to attack or summon snakes once.
>>
The Mage's fireballs are easy to dodge and the guy with a candle barley attacks. Focus on viceral attacking the melee only one then go after the candle one, it's an incredibly easy boss fight
>>
This is probably my favorite boss fight to be honest. They look like the ring wraiths from LOTR which is awesome and the fight was fun. Good environment and they had the right AI for kite to win. I'm not even that gud at this game and I won on my 3rd try
>>
>>330048450
BB actually has more I frames than fast roll DaS. It's about equal to DWGR.
It's just that enemies often have attacks immediately after the previous, and attacks with very little build up.
>>
>I have trouble defeating a souls boss
>Better blame the developers!
>>
These guys aren't nearly as hard as the 3 hunters you have to fight at the same time shortly after Rom. Fuck those guys. I can't beat them for some reason.
>>
>>330053519
It's true that there are more i-frames, but they coincide more with where you would expect to be dodging, plus you dodge so fast your character will appear to not get hit.

DS was tough because you just had to memorize when to dodge even though it looks retarded because you're rolling directly into the attack but not getting damaged.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.