[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's your favorite one hit wonder and why is it Eternal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: Pious.png (307 KB, 574x543) Image search: [Google]
Pious.png
307 KB, 574x543
what's your favorite one hit wonder and why is it Eternal Darkness?
>>
Final Fantasy
>>
File: Crystalisboxart.jpg (77 KB, 329x485) Image search: [Google]
Crystalisboxart.jpg
77 KB, 329x485
Jokes on you it's actually Crystalis
>>
>>330042753
Huh, is the skull a mask or is there a reason he has a face painted pitch black?
>>
>>330043342
The skull is his face, anon

Have you never played ED?
>>
File: pious.png (325 KB, 574x543) Image search: [Google]
pious.png
325 KB, 574x543
>>330043651
No, never have. I just find it curious why he has eyelids around his white eyes, denoting flesh (painted dark) behind the skull.

Unless you know, the skull is a mask.
>>
>>330042753

Eternal Darkness felt like a breath of fresh air, and it's one of those rare games that's flawed but still genuinely great.

I really liked how the story was structured through time-skips. I liked how we got to see Pious's cult grow from a few hungry zombies to a sprawling network of corruption in the church. I liked how all the stories were connected, explaining how, over the course of 2000 years, all the unchosen essences ended up at the mansion. I like how we started with Roman Centurions and ended with Canadian firefighters.

I basically liked everything about the story. It was a clever way to let us play in multiple eras, and being able to choose another essence gave it replay value.
>>
>>330042753
Seriously, what the fuck happened to Silicon Knights after that?
>>
>>330042753
ED wasn't a hit, it sold like shit.
>>
>>330042753
Sequel never ever.
>>
>>330044273
Old ones shit, he was turned into a skeleton creature but kept alive to do one the the old ones bidding. It is his skull, not a mask
>>
I want a new Eternal Darkness and Stubbs the Zombie so bad.
>>
>>330047742
Turned into a "skeleton creature"? Like what, an undead? In case you don't know human biology, the eyelids aren't "inside" your skull, they're outside, yet in the picture it's clearly on the inside. There is absolutely no rational logic to dictate that any skeletal creature would have the features of his face INSIDE his skull, undead or otherwise.

You can default the reason to being "it's just a video game", but that still doesn't dismiss the logical conclusion that the skull in the picture is in fact a mask. Just admit it, it's a design oversight.
>>
>>330049305
>There is absolutely no rational logic...
Do you even know what game you're talking about?
>>
>>330050042
see
>>330047742
How does it matter what game it is. I already told you, chalking it up to being just a video game doesn't dismiss it being a design oversight.

I looked up more pictures and it indeed does seem like a design oversight. He's more like a rotten zombie/lich than a complete skeleton.

Still doesn't explain why his eyelids are inside his skull.
>>
>>330050505
Correction

>>330050042
See
>>330044273
>>
>that one autistic person who ruins the thread with his skull shenanigans

My favorite one hit wonder is gunvalkyrie

>>330043230
I thought this had a sequel for gameboy?
>>
File: pious augustus.png (930 KB, 1344x701) Image search: [Google]
pious augustus.png
930 KB, 1344x701
>>330050505
It's a lovecraft inspired horror game, it features a corpse god, ancients, runes, demons, insanity, artifacts with magical powers and you act autistic over incorrect anatomy of immortal agent of an ancient?

Here are all the cutscenes, starting with Pious his story and how he came into his current form going all the way to the end, it's a good watch, the plotting and scheming of lovecraftian horrors is highly engaging, the voice acting and atmosphere are great.
Worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5sSgz3Ph9k&list=PLKxlBSOTOkkYlDXtHydaDIM1rpsN63Nor
>>
>>330050992
It was a port
>>
wasn't denis dyack making an eternal darkness spiritual successor for wiiu?
>>
>>330052637

Cancelled, kickstarter failed, etc.

Dyack is a fucking poison.
>>
>>330050505
what

It's just a fucking lich on a videogame calm your eager tits anon

you give everyone around you a bad rep
>>
Doesn't one hit wonder mean more than one game was released?
>>
File: 1371332044187.png (112 KB, 168x295) Image search: [Google]
1371332044187.png
112 KB, 168x295
>hallucinations involving the TV screen
>>
File: skygunnerusaps21.jpg (94 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
skygunnerusaps21.jpg
94 KB, 640x908
>>330053167

Yes, but in that case you'll have a lot less games. I can only think of this one on top of my head right now.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.