[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started Demon's Souls, tips and what to expect? Also,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (509 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
509 KB, 1280x720
Just started Demon's Souls, tips and what to expect? Also, why is it so perfect?
>>
don't level up luck

try not to die in soul form in any of the worlds. suiciding in the nexus instead doesn't change world tendency. you'll need white WT to get some of the good stuff, especially if you're a STRfag, without spoiling too much.

get the cling ring in 1-1

crystal lizards respawn based on a number of triggers related to bosses killed, and it does not work like dark souls- when they get away, that consumes a respawn just the same as if you had killed it, where in dark souls you can try again infinitely until you get it.
>>
if someone invades you with the scraping spear just take all your equipment off before fighting them, or you could just kill yourself in the nexus any time you are in body form to avoid invasions and lowering world tendency
>>
Level up Luck.
Thief's Ring is really good.
>>
>>330022934
>try not to die in soul form in any of the worlds
Dying in soul form doesn't affect world tendency.
>>
>>330023446
you right my man. I meant body form
>>
File: 1434601946487.jpg (40 KB, 544x339) Image search: [Google]
1434601946487.jpg
40 KB, 544x339
Souls games are better played with as little tips and knowledge about what to expect as possible.
>>
Stat scaling on a weapon tends to be more important than its base damage later on.
If you're having problems with one area, try another.
Luck is worthless and any point put in it is a point wasted
>>
File: cover-128.png (13 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
cover-128.png
13 KB, 128x128
>just started
>it's perfect
>>
>>330023753
I'd argue some things are worth knowing to have a less shitty experience overall.

Like >>330022934 posted. Things that can fuck up easily because you have no idea how they work. This could be remedied by playing several playthroughs but personally I tend to drop games rather than play from the start because a bunch of things went to shit.
>>
kill the skellingtons in world 4 until you get a pure bladestone
>>
So is there any offline advantadge for body form other than more hp?

Also, how much harder is offline Das2 compared to online? I heard in many areas you have to use coop and shit to have a chance in completing the level

I hope it was just scrubs speaking
>>
why are you playing poor man's dark souls?
>>
>>330024872
Why wouldn't he play the original, superior game?
>>
>>330024872
>demon souls
>poor man's anything
The original and the best

We all know it's the original recipient of the Bloodborne treatment
A bunch of salty pcfat foxes bitching about the grapes they couldn't reach and never got to play
>>
>>330024818
>So is there any offline advantadge for body form other than more hp?

Some events require you to be in a certain form I think, but other than that no

>Also, how much harder is offline Das2 compared to online?
which game are we talking about again? All of dark souls 2 and the re-release are perfectly doable by yourself.
>>
>>330024961
Superior in what way? It looks awful and plays like a mere blueprint for Dark Souls, which improved on practically each point Demon's Souls featured.

Only a Sony fanboy would deny that.
>>
>>330024872
>>330024961
>>330025130

YES LETS MAKE IT A CONSOLE WAR TIER THREAD
>>
do not go to 4-2 without the thief ring.
In fact, don't even go to 4-1 without the ring when starting off or you'll get fucked in the ass by skeletons
>>
>>330022560
>Also, why is it so perfect?
It's not.
>>
>>330022560
Pick the royalty class and look the stockpile dupe glitch up
>>
HaaaUUUU
*bum bum*
HAAAuuuu
>>
>>330025619
Fucking scrub.
>>
>>330025619

>this place looks barren
>what are those rolling things

RIP
>>
>>330025172
Don't be a twat m8
>>
i just want dragon bone smasher in ds3
>>
>>330025172
>I've never played demon's souls; the post
>>
>>330022560
AIM FOR PBWT ON ALL WORLDS AND EXPERIENCE TRUE DEMON SOULS
LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR
>>
Bosses are a lot more puzzley than they are in the other souls games, though there are a number of straight up fights too. Don't worry about world tendency too much, beat the game and only look into that shit if you want to platinum it or something. Good luck in world 5.
>>
I was recently trying to replay DeS. I never finished it though. It's still good but it's definitely starting to show it's age with all the new souls iterations that have come out now and the improvements that have been made.
>>
File: YurtTheSilentChief.png (157 KB, 220x469) Image search: [Google]
YurtTheSilentChief.png
157 KB, 220x469
>>330022560
A lot of people end up letting this guy die accidentally on their first run and miss out on some cool quests and gear. If you happen to run across him in the third world, be sure to help him as soon as you can. He'll go back to the Nexus after that and take care of everyone there.
>>
>>330026460
yurt was one of the only good guys in the game
>>
>>330026164
>Demon's Souls is still the only game with weapons that you can completely flatten other players with using regular swings
Why? Weapons like the Dragon Bone Smasher and Storm Ruler were tons of fun to use because they could bat someone across the room with an R1.
>>
>>330026460
Yurt is one smooth operator and you can count on him to always get shit done.
>>
>>330026067
Sorry I dont enjoy getting potshotted by the storm demons while being attacked by rolling skeletons on a cliff side with no breathing room and unless you're using a small/thrust weapon you keep clanging the wall while another skeleton fires magic arrows at you.
>>
>>330026460
>always kill him as soon as I free him
>tiny ass platform so you gotta be careful when fighting him
>last time get dangerously close to death while he has a decent amount of health left
>manage a parry right at the edge
>riposte him, plunging him and myself down hundreds of feet into the swamp below
I did not even mind dying. It was the best kill I've gotten in the game.
>>
>>330026734
you could always play sl1 and cheese them with magic
>>
>>330026817
>killing npcs
>>
File: 1374107461122.png (124 KB, 367x367) Image search: [Google]
1374107461122.png
124 KB, 367x367
>>330022560
>male only/ female only armor
>>
>>330026986
>letting npcs kill npcs
>>
>>330026986
>not roleplaying as a dickmeister who wants to be the last man standing in the world
>not roleplaying as a psychotically jealous qt who wants the Maiden all to herself and delusionally sees all NPCs as potential threats to your peaceful life alone with the MiB
>>
>>330027085
>always play a girl in Souls
>can't use Garl Vinland's armor
>>
>>330024818
>So is there any offline advantadge for body form other than more hp?
Yes, you can obtain pure black world tendency.
>>
>>330022560
Try beating the Tower Knight, the second boss of Boletaria, before moving on.

There's a really powerful weapon that can be acquired early in the Shrine of Storms. Think of it like Demon's Souls' version of the Drake Sword. If you're having a really hard time, that weapon will help carry you through most of the game.

Two handing a halberd is insanely broken in this game. By far one of the best weapons.
>>
>>330027312
Autism
>>
File: 1456699671668.png (215 KB, 620x525) Image search: [Google]
1456699671668.png
215 KB, 620x525
just have fun with it. don't look up walkthroughs or videos or anything

>mfw playing DeS for the first time
>>
>>330025619
>Silver skeletons roll and strike quick
>Have to fight gold skeletons on narrow ledges with storm beasts shooting shit at you all the time
>Black skeletons with dual katanas can one shot you easily

Demon's Souls has some of the deadliest skeletons of any game.
>>
>>330024662
I feel like, with the Souls series, I like to play through it blind the first time. Then, after beating the game, I'll look up everything that I've missed. It gives me a nice incentive to try again and, now that I have a basic understanding of the game, I'll have a better idea of how to build my character.

That's just me though. I know it can be frustrating to miss some things, especially if it means having to start all over for it.
>>
>>330022560

LOOK

Here's all you need:
Kris Blade
Ring of Magical Sharpness
Clever Rat's Ring
Firestorm
>>
>>330022560
play a better game
>>
>>330022560

Fire based enemies are weak to magic damage.

Magic based enemies are weak to fire damage.

You should level up and be able to use a bow, even if you've decided to be primarily a melee character.

World 4-2 is the hardest level in the game. Prepare accordingly.
>>
>>330027864
>>330025619
I played DaS first so I walked up to the first skelly without a care in the world. What's he gonna do, lunge past me?

I was not prepared.
>>
Make sure to fuse the sword you get from Old King Doran and the final boss together so you can stomp ass regardless of world tendency.
>>
>>330028006

To clarify, by 4-2 I mean shrine of storms, after the first boss.
>>
MEAT CLEAVER IS BEST WEAPON
>>
>>330024173
yea, the atmosphere it sets from the start, with the nexus especially, is brilliant.
>>
>finished STR playthrough
>finished INT playthrough
>FTH looks as shit as in DaS
>almost nothing scales well with DEX that doesn't require significant investment into STR as well unless you use bladestone
What do for next character? Blueblood Sword?
>>
>>330028971
>almost nothing scales well with DEX that doesn't require significant investment into STR as well unless you use bladestone
False.
>>
>>330028971
>not liking FTH
its like you dont want to be FUCKING INVINCIBLE
>>
>>330022560
It's far from perfect, enjoy the ride though.
>>
>>330028971
Flamberge and uchigatana only require 18 str.
Estoc only requires 9 str.
Blind only requires 3 str.
What are you talking about exactly?
>>
>>330029403
It's perfect for me.
>>
>>330029520
>>330029247
I guess I forgot to mention that I wasn't counting rapiers and curved swords because I already used them a bunch on my INT guy and don't feel like spending another game with the same weapon type. I was looking at Katana but 18 is a lot of STR to me, especially given DeS's low average endgame level. Weird for me that bows don't scale with DEX either.
>>
>>330029974
If you upgrade bows with spiderstone they obtain S dex scaling.
Compound long bow upgraded with spiderstone is the strongest bow in the game.
18 str isn't really that much, especially considering that you wanted to make a blueblood sword build, which requires 18 in every offense stat.
>>
>>330029974
What about winged spear?
>>
>>330022560
Dont try to know everything and do everything on your first playthrough. You wont be able to, just go in blind and enjoy the ride the first time.

I wanna start a new playthrough of DeS by the way. Back when I used to play I mostly did faith or str build. Any fun non standard builds with a gimmick that i can play with so the game doesnt get too boring?
>>
Is a white bow +5 good? So far the lava bow has been working ok for me and I just want a strong bow. I have 28/24/18/24 in stats.
>>
>>330026460
>>330026579
>>330026650

I love you guys.
>>
>>330030286
>18 str isn't really that much, especially considering that you wanted to make a blueblood sword build, which requires 18 in every offense stat.
Yeah, but I mean with a pure DEX game. If I were doing BB build, the goal would be all those stats; with a DEX guy I'm all about that one stat and trying my best to ignore every other one.
>>
>>330030553
Just going through weapons and saw it, think I'll go for that.
>>
>>330030738
It's good, but lava bow is better.
>>
>>330030731
Dex build.
Main weapon: compound bow
Secondary: any curved sword.
>>
>>330030758
> ignore every other one.
should mention I mean besides VIT and END, obviously I still level those
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.