[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you think Star Fox Zero looks bad? https://www.youtu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4
File: starfoxzero.jpg (374 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
starfoxzero.jpg
374 KB, 1280x720
Why do you think Star Fox Zero looks bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld5QwkTw-Ug
>>
I never thought it looked bad, I just don't wanna buy a Wii U and >motion control
>>
>>330019876
It never looked bad to me (except for some parts during E3 that looked barren) until people started pointing out specific stuff. But now it looks even better, glad they delayed it, I was on the fence before but now I'll be pre-ordering the first print edition when it's available.
>>
haven't played star fox before but that looks pretty neat. i've always loved playing games like that whenever i went to the arcade as a kid

where's the voice acting though?
>>
>>330019876
I don't. People that do are just upset that it's a Nintendo game.
>>
>>330020762
Think Nintendo removed it for the showing, it was present in the Direct presentation.
>>
File: 1434322940833.jpg (49 KB, 426x381) Image search: [Google]
1434322940833.jpg
49 KB, 426x381
>motion controls can't be fully disabled

Welp
>>
>>330019876
I'm worried about the amount of content it has.

If it's reusing levels from 64, it should have double that in total with more branching paths, in my opinion.
>>
>>330019876
This game looks fucking incredible. I'll be buying it on release for sure. God damn, it's like someone is taking how I remember Star Fox as a kid and making it better.

You control the aiming reticle with a stick and not with motion controls, right? Because the person playing was incredibly inaccurate at some points that makes me think they're either retarded or the game uses motion controls... which makes me not want to buy the game at all.
>>
>>330021018
It really seems like its being made on a tight budget.
>>
>>330021074
>You control the aiming reticle with a stick and not with motion controls, right?

The tablet becomes a first person camera with motion controls that aim.
Can't turn it off.
Sorry for bursting your bubble.
>>
>>330021108
The Wii U has no budget.
>>
>>330021213
They'll realize that's a shitty idea and they're make it toggleable. I know it. There's no way Nintendo is that retarded.
>>
>>330021372
It's a major function of the game.

It's not going to get removed.

The game is built around the precision aiming and making you balance your persepective between the tv and gamepad.
>>
Was excited until they said no alternate paths (which they fixed) and no Pro Controller/motion control only (which they apparently have not).
>>
>>330021615
>Was excited until they said no alternate paths (which they fixed)

I don't think they EVER said this.
>>
>>330021667
After E3 last year they said it in an interview IIRC. Maybe I don't RC but I remember being worried.
>>
The level design looks unintresting af
>>
>>330019876
If you are speaking about the graphics I would imagine it is because the game is effectively rendered differently on two screens at 60 fps at the same time (think 120fps).
>>
I'm not a fan of motion controls. Combined with the fact that the main feature of the game is a chicken transformation (something that looks incredibly unwieldy), I think I'll pass. If the game was more ambitious like Assault, maybe. But it isn't.
>>
Fortuna looked pretty cool
>>
I don't give a shit about the graphics.

The gameplay is boring and slow.

fuck it
>>
>>330021372
>this delusion
Where have you been for past 10 years? Nintendo loves to ruin its franchises with gimmick bullshit.
>>
It just looks alright
I want to play it, but its not worth 60 bucks
>>
>>330022447
>slow

60fps is slow?
>>
It's shit

give me Zelda WiiU
>>
>>330022675

I'm talking about
>Gameplay

not game framerate you idiot.
>>
>>330022675
Nigger, you can play chess in 60FPS, doesn't make it any faster. Same case here.
>>
It doesn't look bad, just not $60 good

>no real multiplayer
>no online
>less features than 64

Its a bit insulting, really
>>
>>330020762
>>330020848
The voice acting comes out of the Gamepad.
>>
>>330021108
Please explain how.
>>
>>330019876
holy shit that water looks ugly as hell

SF 64 3D water on Fortuna looked hundred times better
>>
>>330022824
>less features than 64

Seriously?
>>
>>330022824
Has it actually been confirmed there isn't going to be any online versus mode? There's only one thing Star Fox 64 needed in order to be the perfect multiplayer game of the 90s and that was an online matchmaking system, but obviously the N64 didn't have networking because internet wasn't really that big in 94.

Man... how can Nintendo fuck up this badly? I mean, really? How difficult is it to stick away from this gimmicky shit and just make them the way you used to make them? You're not being "innovative" by making Star Fox this way at all. You're just running the franchise into the ground even more.
>>
>>330020762
>>330020848

This, >>330022915
Voice audio comes out of the gamepad, but when recording gameplay only the TV's audio is picked up. They edit it in for the trailers.
>>
>>330023130
>Fortuna
I meant zoness

for reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doPGNocBrlE
>>
>>330021013
>People dislike the gyro.

Why?
>>
>>330021792
You're correct. They did say there weren't going to be branching paths. Just different missions on the same worlds:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/06/16/a-star-fox-zero-conversation-with-shigeru-miyamoto-and-his-team.aspx

With this new direct, obviously they saw that people were upset by that, and the delay gave them time to change it to a more traditional Star Fox experience, which makes the game look 100 times better in my eyes.
>>
>>330023208
>Has it actually been confirmed there isn't going to be any online versus mode?
Yes. They specifically confirmed that there wasn't a multiplayer vs mode in the game.
>>
>>330023604
It was never really good, but it's still retarded to remove things instead of improving them

Like Battle Arenas in Mario Kart 8
>>
File: Fay_collage_6594.png (20 KB, 350x175) Image search: [Google]
Fay_collage_6594.png
20 KB, 350x175
needs more diverse cast
>>
>>330023365
Damn, there are so many levels I never experienced growing up and playing Star Fox because I'd just go the same route every time.

Time to emulate.
>>
It doesn't look bad. Hope it gets more difficult though. Also is there any word on Wiimote compatibility? Sin & Punishment 2 controlled well
>>
File: 1457257741777.jpg (290 KB, 1131x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457257741777.jpg
290 KB, 1131x1200
>>330023793
>Time to emulate.
>>
>>330022915
>>330023298
Neat.
>>
>>330019876
Can you boost in this game? There doesn't seem be any gauge for that.

It looks like aiming will take getting used to, and that they added several large enemies to make it easier to target them at least in that stage. Might get harder later on in the game. I'm 100% sure the game will get shit on by people who can't understand that gyroscope aiming is the second best way to aim behind using a mouse. Just use small movements of the wrists instead of moving your whole arm or body.
>>
>>330024287
Nevermind. I'm blind. Saw the boosting as gauge.
>>
>>330021916

No, that's frequency, rendering a bigger picture is different.
>>
>>330023823
>Wiimote compatibility
Why didn't they ever make a Star Fox game where you aimed with the Wii mote and dodge with the Nunchuck

It would probably work much better than Wii U pad gyro controls
>>
>>330019876
>Fortuna

Wait, is this the same planet that was the first stage of Assault?

Weird. Must be a different location on the planet.
>>
>>330024924
It was in the SNES game as well.

But either way, Star Fox Zero is set in an alternate universe so it doesn't matter if it looks different. The Star Fox series is basically a multiverse.
>>
>slow
>gyro
>second screen shit
>voice acting comes out of the crappy gamepad speakers
>voice acting by the janitor at NoA
>crappy vehicles I don't want to use
>those fucking warp points
The first print edition has me pretty salty too.
>>
>>330024924
Fortuna is a planet full of killer plants and giant wild life.
>>
>Same premise as 64 but with wacky new changes!
What the fuck happened to miyamoto's creativity? I feel like I'm experiencing an eternal cycle of rebooting franchises.
>>
>>330026045
Is it really that bad to return to the 64 formula after 15+ years of having mediocre-at-best Star Fox games that didn't come even close to recapturing the magic?
>>
>>330021018
>If it's reusing levels from 64
Is it? I haven't seen anything pointing towards that.

Although it would be weird to fly through places you have technically been to before and it all looks completely different.
Changing the Lylat system entirely wouldn't really make sense either.
So, is there any information towards this available?
>>
>>330019876
I don't possibly understand how people can say it looks good

It looks worse than the tacked on gummi ship missions in KH
>>
When I start thinking about how Kid Icarus:Uprising. And all the missions it had, and how they all had scaling difficulty, and how there was so much customization with the weapons and powerups, and all the bonus features, and the online multiplayer. Really puts things into perspective. How is Star Fox even retailing for more than KI:U?
>>
>>330019876
Because it's practically a remake of Star Fox 64
>>
>>330028845
Wich Was A Remake Of Star Fox Snes
>>
>>330023418
It's the principle. You should be given the choice between regular controls or motion shit.
>>
>>330026297
assault's arwing parts were much better than 64
>>
It's really just Corneria that looks questionable. Planets like Titania and Fortuna look GORGEOUS.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.