[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You can't even roll between his legs DS1 is better than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: td.jpg (543 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
td.jpg
543 KB, 1920x1080
>You can't even roll between his legs
DS1 is better than DS2 guis, DS2 is so flawed the combat sucks they said
>>
But you can? I've versed Taurus Demon dozens of times. The hitbox is a little small but you absolutely can

Try playing the game before you make a stupid shitpost
>>
>>329983242
found the fromdrone
>>
>>329983336
you are retarded
>>
Doesn't DS2 also have wonky hitboxes?
>>
>>329983242
this guy actually defends dark souls within seconds of a bad mention

why do you care so much?

holy shit
>>
DaS = DeS > DaS3 (tentative) = BB > DaS2

The only and only right opinion
>>
are there actually people who fought taurus on the bridge and not the awesomely dramatic tower circle?
>>
Okay I need a Dark Souls thread to vent
>coming back from DS2 vanilla playing Sunken king DLC
>spend hours traveling into a temple
>find invisible ghost that you can only do 30 dmg too
>literally spend an hour chipping away there health slowly
>make it to the end
>thomas jester comes out and 1 flame shots my ass
>respawn all the way back at the start
>the ghosts respawn
I'm thinking of just ragequitting, are the DLCs even worth it?
>>
You definitely can roll between his legs. I like DaS2 too, and while all the Souls games are flawed in their own ways, I know for a fact you can roll between Taurus Demons legs.

If you're gonna shit-talk again at least have factual information in which to shit-talk with.
>>
>>329983571
>say something wrong
>someone corrects you
I know right what the fuck
>>
>you cant do x in game y
>yes you can
>FUCKING DRONES REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>329983575
Games that actually feel finished come first.
DeS = BB > DaS >>>>> DaSII
>>
>>329983831
>gamefeel
fuck off
>>
>>329983336
>>329983571
>NOOOOOOO, STOP INTERRUPTING MY SHITPOSTING
>>
>>329983742
Break the armor on the tables with a crossbow, you will be able to hurt the ghosts.
>>
>>329983571

>1+2=4
>no, 1+2=3
>zomg you mathfag

Seriously, get out.
>>
>>329983831
>DeS
>feels finished
>there is literally an entire tomb/area that was never added to the game
>it was literally a garbage bin game that Miyazaki saved and resurrected with magic

I love DeS, but it in no way feels like a finished game.
>>
>>329983742
smash the dead bodies on the tables nearby the first two and in the room with the rectangular holes in the floor with caskets lining the room.

This causes them to become corporeal and reduces their defenses significantly.
>>
>>329983742
no they are not. good idea on the venting though

>DaS1
>str/dex build
>O&S on NG+

I've been stuck on these niggers for 2 days now. I even went and grinded 10 soul levels. what the fuck is this nonsense, this fight is so goddamn broken
>>
>>329983742
I think there are stone bodies that you can smash to make them corporeal
>>
>>329983742
Big tip for ya theres some coffins that you need to break and then they start taking damaged. Spent a long time poking at them with a heide lance before i figured it out
>>
>>329983973
If you can do any fight, you can do it again on NG+
I recommend killing smough first, Super O you can get get into a permanent butt slam loop that's easily exploitable.
>>
>>329983880
what?
>>329983958
True but that's better than having to walk around a half textured land of giants in order to finish the game. That's why I said "felt." Sorry DaS, but a game with something as bad Lost Izalith can't be best anything.
>>
What is the Dark Souls of bait?
>>
>>329984191
Dragon God was just as bad as Bed of Chaos
>>
>>329983973
I don't usually say this but git gud... Either go full speed with dark wood grain ring or just slap on full havels and tank the hits. It's really not that hard, just sidestep Ornstein and kill Smough after he ass-slams
>>
>>329983149
You can, but honestly the game teaches you a great way to kill enemies in the tutorial, so why not use it?
>Kill the cross bow dudes by using the ladder right next to the fog gate before going towards the other side of the bridge
>climb down and walk to other side while look up at the tower he jumps down from
>He usually jumps down when you are about half way across the bridge
>Run back and climb the ladder
>wait for him to stand below the tower
>walk off the ledge and hit RT or R1 if you are playing on ps3
>Pull him away from the ladder a little and repeat until he is dead
You can do something similar for Capra demon by climb up the stairs and waiting for him to fall down the stairs. Let's not talk about hitboxes in souls games because they are pretty shitty in both sometimes.
>>
>>329984298
Slightly better because it's not nearly as annoying, and world 2 was actually good for the most part while all of Demons Ruins/Izalith was pure garbage.
On top of that, Dukes was also trash except for the one prison area, and ToTG was clearly rushed as it feels like it belongs in Super Mario 3D world, just a linear path suspended in thin air.
>>
>>329984191
I don't know, I feel that DaS felt pretty finished, barring some things here and there, as you said Izalith/Bed of Chaos and most of the post O&S stuff barring Sif, Anor Londo Water Park, and Seathe's Crystal Meth Palace.

My only real complaints are just Lost Izalith and Tomb of the Giants, get a lantern fucker.

I'd even say DaS2 felt pretty finished despite some of the problems with the game that they were clearly testing out new things and weren't sure if they'd work or be liked and the impossible space/geography, but otherwise it felt like a complete game, whether that's good or bad to some people considering the flaws.
>>
>>329984530
yeah just make sure you don't take too long or he jumps up there with you and fucks your shit up.
learnt that one the hard way.
>>
>I'd even say DaS2 felt pretty finished despite some of the problems with the game that they were clearly testing out new things and weren't sure if they'd work or be liked and the impossible space/geography, but otherwise it felt like a complete game, whether that's good or bad to some people considering the flaws.
Completely untrue, unfortunately.
Most of the content is probably there yes, but the original director of DaSII was fired halfway through and somebody (namco) forced the team to move a bunch of shit around within 8 months, destroying any vision the original director had.
Shame to, because B-team seemed to have a good bit of talent. FoFG is probably the best starting area in the whole series.
>>
>>329983958
If I remember correctly, DeS was Miyazaki's first directorial role, and he didn't start working on the project until a third of the way through production when the game was failing to meet expectations.

Miyazaki proved you CAN in fact polish a turd and turned a soon forgotten piece of niche shovelware into the prototype for a wildly successful franchise.
>>
>>329984598
Or you just kill them before triggering him, pop some lightning on your weapon, trigger him, run back, climb the ladder, drop attack, finish him off.
>>
>>329984719
shit
>>329984576
>>
>>329984564
I liked Duke's

Post-Anal Rodeo there's certainly a decline in quality but I think everything before it makes it better than DeS. The only memorable area for me was Tower of Latria

Also, I think DeS has the least fun bosses in the series.
>>
File: meme souls.png (2 MB, 1400x1053) Image search: [Google]
meme souls.png
2 MB, 1400x1053
I just checked, you totally can roll and even walk through the legs

I'm someone who likes DaS2 and DaS1 despite their flaws, and they both have plenty. I'm here hoping DaS3 is a better rendition and addition than either and I know no matter how it ends up being that I won't be disappointed.
>>
>>329984598
Good times. I remember climbing up there because I wanted to use my bow to attack him, but then he jumped up and I was like JUST! I remembered the asylum fight while I was up there and figured I'd give that a try and he's never been a problem since then.
>>
>>329983149
,,,you can tho
>>
>>329984726
Oh I'm aware, he definitely saved that game and made it leagues better than people figured and spawned something for it and that's amazing, but it was still quite rushed and not finished despite that, and there are reasons for it, so I wont hold it against him, but you can tell some of the issues and how it's unfinished in places quite a bit, same as you can with the other Souls games, BB is probably the least offensive of them in that regard and even then you can see it in a few places, such as the shortcut to the bridge from near the Chapel not being there and some other places here and there.
>>
>>329984825
dukes has reskinned hollows, more channelers, some shitty copypasted forested, and the crystal caves which is total garbage, not to mention both "fights" of seath also being shit. Whole area should have been like the prison, but keep the revolving staircases.
DeS has the least fun bosses because they are for the most part way to easy. Doesn't stop any of their designs and fights from being great though. I'd rather fight flamelurker/maneaters/old hero/penetrator/allant any day over main game DaSII bosses.
>>
>>329984576
>could literally see pieces of stairways floating in the middle of the air if you looked up after leaving the wharf
>finished
No
>>
>>329983149
dont lock on to it if you want to roll under it
>>
File: 1453891902239.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1453891902239.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>>329983575
No, it's:
DaS=BB>DeS>DaSII
DaSIII isnt't even out yet.
>>
File: 1453355404255.png (54 KB, 1016x970) Image search: [Google]
1453355404255.png
54 KB, 1016x970
/thread
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96 KB, 1280x720
Is it just me who likes Lost Izalith? I find both that area and Demon Ruins cozy as fuck.
Maybe not as great gameplaywise as other areas but the environment makes up for it for me.
>>
>>329984726
It was his second/third. He directed Armored Core 4 before it and Armored Core For Answer while he also directed Demon's.
>>
>>329985567
I almost shit my pants when one of the dragon asses did its jump attack and killed my unprepared ass

I also have a very hard time saving Siegmeyer for some reason, I never get his Titanite Slab
>>
>>329985459

Close but you're way off, it's:
DeS>BB>DaS>>>DaSII
>>
>>329983571

because he saw misinformation?
because the purpose of this board is to argue about vidya?
>>
>>329983149

stop lying
>>
His balls are too big.
>>
DeS = BB > shit > DaS = DaS II
>>
>>329987871
Oh fuck off sonypony
>>
>>329983891
This. haha came expecting talk about the game, Got shitposts again....I will never learn :|
>>
>>329983149
>you can't roll between his legs
so what faggot? the iframes given to you at the start means you won't ever get hit unlilke shit souls 2.
>>
>>329983149
>playing das1 for first time
>just want to fuck around and do some pvp after getting lords vessel
>be darkmoon phantom
>figure SL51 is a good time to get into pvp because I figure SL125 guys are going to have builds fully exploiting op gear
>invading is still shit and time consuming even with watchdog mod
>all of the sudden get constantly and quickly connected to some fag with stuff that is clearly late game shit and inaccessible to a blind player and was obviously acquired by cheesing through an area.

I feel like people who do shit like this who already know the game better than me only do it because they know that they'll have better luck running into first run players and they want an upper-hand on their opponent and are too shit and scared to play against the SL125 community.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.