[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hitman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
Thoughts after playing Beta?
>>
The game is still in beta for 1 year.
>>
Is the beta just the training mission?
>>
complete return to form, it's blood money 2.0

if the scripting gets changed it will be 10/10
>>
>>329969449

DON'T GET MY HOPES UP
>>
> if the scripting gets changed
> square enix

kek
>>
>>329968978
Just played it today.

It's got a few cutscenes, a forced tutorial, some more cutscenes, then you get to mess around the same tutorial level and try to find the different ways you can take out the target, some more cutscenes, a non tutorial contract, and the final cutscene
>>
It's okay, but it's too scripted, artificial, and prone to revolving around the player for it to be as good as older Hitman games.
>>
>>329968675
Shitty graphics. Also is it going to be a miniseries or is it going to have seasons like KI?
>>
>>329969754
It has to be going full Early Access shit tier.
>>
File: hitman.webm (1 MB, 840x524) Image search: [Google]
hitman.webm
1 MB, 840x524
>>329969715
>it's too scripted, artificial, and prone to revolving around the player for it to be as good as older Hitman games.

But Hitman games are heavily scripted and revolve around the player already. Or have you not noticed the easy backdoor ways to get easy Silent Assassin ratings ever since Contracts?

It's always been best as a series where you just have a puzzle to solve and the ending solution can be achieved as you please.
>>
>early access episodic with pre-order dlc

people are paying money for this shit?
>>
>>329969995
In the new Hitman scripts don't activate unless the player triggers them. NPCs remain stationary until you get near and activate them. If the target wants some items that can be delivered and tampered with, the items will never be delivered on their own by a subordinate, you have to do it yourself. There is no room to miss an opportunity.
>>
If they fix the scripting, add more detail and life to the levels, and fix the performance issues it'd be what I'd want in a sequel.
>>
>>329969680
Oh. I thought that there was more to it. Thanks Anon
>>
the beta only has a tutorial level?
I thought they would give us that fashion show level, looks more interesting.
>>
Really, REALLY good. Back to form. You can do anything once more and really plan your assassinations.

Too bad it's episodic DLC crap
>>
>>329970275
>NPCs remain stationary until you get near and activate them.
This was used as a design shortcut in many Hitman missions in the previous games, it was simply less noticable.
>>
What is with every hitman thread and the "return to form" meme.

Is this something i should filter?
I can't tell when you're doing it ironically now anon, you got too good.
>>
>>329970728
It's actual shilling.
>>
Best hitman game to date.

If you go back and play Blood Money you'll see there really aren't multiple ways to do your mission.

Just 1 way that is clearly hinted at for you to follow
>>
>>329970996
>Just 1 way that is clearly hinted at for you to follow
Stop following it, you might have fun.
>>
>>329968675
Was really cool, looking forward to it but probably won't get it at launch, maybe in like a month or 2 though, just got other stuff to lay right now.
>>
>>329970996
>Just 1 way that is clearly hinted at for you to follow

Okay anon, let's go, Curtains Down, the only mission that remotely does this.
>start, where do I go? Need to explore, check out the main opera, see what's to the left, check out my jacket
>look for a disguise, there's some guys going to the nearby toilet but it'll probably take me too long to get one and stash it before the body's found
>okay cool I got security guard, let's go backstage
>oh shit I'm not allowed, they shoot me, restart and do it again
>I'm now backstage from the other side
>is target done with the opera at that time? Do I sit in his room and wait or is there a better way?
>is there some other opportunity? I have the fake prop gun, I guess
>I guess I can replace it, but should I go there myself in a disguise? Can I even do that?
>How do I deal with the other target?
>and how do I time everything right?
>what use can I make of the side seats?

You go through this whole thought process and then there are people who do it like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QANI6x7FK4Y
>>
I'm going to pre-order the full game tomorrow. If it runs like ass or if the missions suck, I'll refund it and assume Blood Money was the last Hitman game.
>>
daily reminder that there is literally *nothing* wrong with an episodic release schedule of a game involving individual levels, especially with pricing the way it is. The only issue is if they fuck up releasing on time and/or rush unfinished and bugged levels out the door
>>
>>329971716
>pre-order the full game
>don't know if it runs like ass or if the missions suck

Why
>>
>>329970996
for most levels yeah

not the suburbs level. holy shit i replayed that maybe a dozen times
>>
>>329971939
How will I know how the game will turn out without buying the game, you dummy? You don't trust "reviewers", right? Or even worse: the average Joe.
>>
>>329972595
>How will I know how the game will turn out without buying the game

Buy a console you retard, appartently a PC doesn't fit for your 2yo brain.
>>
File: 1457025345382.jpg (8 KB, 265x265) Image search: [Google]
1457025345382.jpg
8 KB, 265x265
>>329972901
>not being an idort anyway
How did you like Bloodborne? Oh wait.
>>
>>329973131
> I give a shit about Bloodborne
> Oh wait.

Go suck your moms nipples. You will grow up.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKv7hvO8Bm8

even if the game ends up being shit, this trailer will never stop being fucking amazing. The OST is probably gonna be phenomenal too since it's done by HEALTH
>>
File: 1422174528799.jpg (28 KB, 386x359) Image search: [Google]
1422174528799.jpg
28 KB, 386x359
>>329973380
I will grow up while you will always remain a mustard racer.
>>
was Absolution bad
>>
>>329971716
> runs like ass

Walmart PC reportin' in
>>
Scripting has always been an issue with Hitman games.

Go replay Dance with the Devil and just you try and wait for Mr. Satan to head on over to the Hell club. He won't move from his routine until you trigger the little concert in the Heaven club.

It's still kind of a bummer but it's not really gamebreaking, either.
>>
>>329973131
>wasting $400 to play 1 at best above average game
Your memes can't hide how big of a moron you are m8
>>
File: 1449327198929.png (201 KB, 722x862) Image search: [Google]
1449327198929.png
201 KB, 722x862
>>329974815
>at best average
Like you can tell.
>>
>>329974943
I said above average, is reading hard for you?
>>
File: 1456703106611.jpg (79 KB, 489x558) Image search: [Google]
1456703106611.jpg
79 KB, 489x558
>>329975106
The point still stands.

Also,
>I said
>not "wrote"
Kill yourself.
>>
>>329973131
>>329973654
>>329974943
>>329975263

> hurr hurr hurr i need to post some random memeface in each of my shitposting
>>
File: 090311_662909030.jpg (171 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
090311_662909030.jpg
171 KB, 1200x675
>>329975263
You know you've lost when you can't justify your position and attack petty shit.
>>
>>329968675
My first impression:
>Tons of scripts that only progress when you're close to them
>Instructions on how to get each accident kill
>With the exceptions of targets, their bodyguards, and scripted conversations that provide you more instructions on how to get accident kills, bots either stay in one place the entire time, or patrol one single room. The ones that are scripted to have a conversation will have that conversation once you get near enough to hear it, and then walk over to a room where they'll stand in one place the entire time or pace between two points
>Wallhack and minimap replacing real-time map and keyhole peaking
>Can't shove people, except when they're scripted to stand in front of a window or a ledge, and not even then if the devs didn't script it
>Silent Assassin requires you to hide the body in a designated hiding area instead of just not being found, so no poison or remote bomb from the exit SAs Yes this is a really fucking minor issue, but it still seems to indicate a general "on-rails" design attitude to me
>Can't turn out lights to lure people
>Remember how you could poison food, then wait for it to get delivered to the target? Doesn't happen in the beta. For example, one of the opportunities involves an ejector seat test for a jet that you can sabotage. If you wait around forever, or if you sabotage the seat and then wait for them to perform the test, they never will. They'll just sit around forever. Windows of opportunity in the beta never progressed on their own

I thought a lot of the fun in older Hitman games was using the great game design to go off the rails and do things the devs never intended, like getting Vinnie hit by his bodyguard's car in A New Life. These issues could get fixed, but they're making me really worried that this game is designed with rails in mind, and would never allow you to improvise something crazy.

Still, it actually is pretty fun. Just not nearly as much as Blood Money 2 would be.
>>
>>329975448
>memeface
Damn, your new.

>>329975612
Since you're so dumb, let me spell it out for you: The point was that you can't judge a game you can't even play. Therefore, whatever you might think about it is completely irrelevant.
>>
File: 968342123.jpg (111 KB, 1049x550) Image search: [Google]
968342123.jpg
111 KB, 1049x550
that title scheme matches half life
got excited
>>
>>329975754
You dont know that I havent played it, I could also get a better idea via youtube and reviews.

gg no re
>>
>>329975972
>caring about half life

The 2000s called
>>
>>329975982
>reviews
Bribed.

>youtube
For braindead morons.
>>
>>329975695
>Can't shove people, except when they're scripted to stand in front of a window or a ledge, and not even then if the devs didn't script it

In their defense, Blood Money's shoving was finnicky as fuck and would never work unless they were aligned perfectly with the ledge or in a ledge-leaning animation.

Fuck that one Gator gang member on the boat.
>>
>>329973567
I'm pretty sure it's not.
>>
>>329976204
> Don't know how to read fucking species

I bet you are absolutely not a moron. Huge gay piece of shit. Go play some social games on facebook dumbass.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.