[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are people who think that Resident Evil 6 isn't one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 9
File: 50MILLION.jpg (131 KB, 902x679) Image search: [Google]
50MILLION.jpg
131 KB, 902x679
There are people who think that Resident Evil 6 isn't one of, of not THE best entries in the series. These uneducated gaylords usually aren't in fact Resident Evil fans, but rather survival horror genre fans.
>>
>>329958748
RE6 blows chunks.
>>
>>329958748
Fun action game when it wasn't a qte. Best resident evil? Nigga you retarded.
>>
>>329958942
>RE6 blows chunks of pure gold to the value of 50 million dollars.
>>
>>329958748
Honestly RE6 was fucking fun all the way through.

Also, RE6 Ada is best Ada
>>
>>329959034
RE4 is a mediocre game. RE5 is a weak RE4 clone. RE1 is bad. RE2 is good. RE3 is good. Code Veronica is bad. Revelations 1 is okay. Revelations 2 is great, but not RE6 great.
>>
>>329958748
I played RE6 and it sucked.

Big time

>>329959034
>Fun action game when it wasn't a qte
but it was almost always a QTE
>>
>>329959081
>Also, RE6 Ada is best Ada
MUH. NIGGA.
>>
>>329958748
RE6 was pretty great. Shame the multiplayer continues to drag the series down.
>>
>>329959259
RE4 and RE5 had worse QTEs. At least you could turn off the instadeath ones in RE6. RE games have had QTEs since the beginning, where you waggled an analogue stick to break free from zombies. But when RE6 does it, it's some kind of blasphemy.
>>
>>329959327
The RE series was always suppose to have AI companions following you around at all times and helping you do stuff. The whole "muh isolation" thing was entirely the fault of shitty consoles that weren't the N64.
>>
>>329959519
>RE4 and RE5 had worse QTEs.

but those QTEs were every not and then, not all the fucking time like in RE6.

>At least you could turn off the instadeath ones in RE6
When I played RE6 that was not patched in.

>But when RE6 does it, it's some kind of blasphemy.
because it's the "PRESS X TO NOT DIE" and it's all the fucking time. I mean RE6 had more QTEs in the small segment I played (Chris' story) than RE4 and 5 had COMBINED
>>
File: re6whopperslidekill383s9w.webm (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
re6whopperslidekill383s9w.webm
1 MB, 480x270
>>329959259
This would be a series of QTEs in an earlier RE game. RE6's biggest improvement was replacing QTEs with actual gameplay.
>>
>>329959807
use something from the main story and not a tacked on minigame
>>
>>329959686
>because it's the "PRESS X TO NOT DIE" and it's all the fucking time. I mean RE6 had more QTEs in the small segment I played (Chris' story) than RE4 and 5 had COMBINED
I don't remember all that many arbitrary QTEs in Chris' campaign. Performing a "QTE" to escape being grabbed is something the series has had since the beginning.
>>
>>329959063
>muh money = quality meme
>>
>>329959941
>use something from the main story and not a tacked on minigame
The gameplay in Mercs and the campaigns are identical. The level layouts are often the same. It's just that gifs from Mercs are more common because it's a controlled environment, and therefore easier to set up shots.
>>
>>329960083
Stop equating game inputs with QTEs. You're being idiotically loose with it's definition.
>>
How do people think 5 is better than 6

At least 6 tried to do something new, 5 is just a bad version of 4
>>
>>329960208
>and therefore easier to set up shots.

aka bullshots,

like how trailers of gameplay look better than the actual game
>>
>>329959807
Unfortunately 90% of the players never got to do this, because the extra controls are entirely explained in loading screen tooltips that only people playing off a disk would see.

But everyone hated the QTEs that were in RE4 and RE5, I don't know why Capcom thought having quadruple the amount would be fun.
>>
>>329960141
No, "50 million dollars" is a line from the game. Troy Baker wants 50 million dollars for his blood, and by the end of the game, the power of friendship has melted his icy heart and he's saving small children in exchange for apples.
>>
>>329960326
>At least 6 tried to do something new,

and failed
>>
>>329960208
>The gameplay in Mercs and the campaigns are identical.

Don't act dense. If they were identical then they wouldn't be separate modes. Mercs mode strips out 90% of the things that made the campaign a shit
>>
>>329960265
>Stop equating game inputs with QTEs. You're being idiotically loose with it's definition.
So are you. How do you define "QTE" in RE6's context? Are you referring to cutscene QTEs? When the game flashes "R+SPACE", is that a QTE? After all, R+SPACE, which is actually Right Mouse Button + Space with the wrong label, is actually the game's crouch command that can be used at any time.

When an enemy strikes at you, and you hit left mouse button a single time with perfect timing to counter their attack, is that a quick time event?
>>
>>329959658
And 6 handled it better in that it's not Sheva wasting ammo and herbs and getting herself killed, but the constant partnership wasn't done nearly as well as, say, Revelations 2, and its limiting from a gameplay perspective because you can't use isolation to affect the scene. Except for Ada's Campaign, which was mostly really well done. And that part in Jake's campaign where the two escape separately.

Part of the problem is they had some really good concepts with the 4 player battles, but they didn't set the game up to be Outbreak levels of awesome.
>>
>>329960208
The main game works hard to avoid standard merc style play by overloading it with "run at the camera" sections, qtes, vehicle chases.
They're not as similar as you say.
>>
>>329960345
>Unfortunately 90% of the players never got to do this, because the extra controls are entirely explained in loading screen tooltips that only people playing off a disk would see.

This, so fucking much. I fucking hate when people bitch about going in to the menu to mix herbs when there was a shortcut for it, but it only got explained in the fucking loading menus.
>>
>>329960569
>Mercs mode strips out 90% of the things that made the campaign a shit
Matter of opinion. I bet you think Max Payne 3 was a bad game because it had a cutscene every time you walk across the room. Mercs has no storytelling. It's pure gameplay. Whether this is good or bad is a matter of opinion.
>>
>>329960739
>"run at the camera" sections

those made me physically ill

>>329960810
there was a shortcut?
>>
Will the soon to be re-releases have online play? I'd fucking love to get back into Mercs.
>>
>>329960739
>The main game works hard to avoid standard merc style play by overloading it with "run at the camera" sections, qtes, vehicle chases.
Since when was gameplay variety a bad thing?
>>
>>329960810
RE6 has an official web manual that explains a lot of stuff. The US never got a physical manual.

Link:
http://game.capcom.com/manual/bio6/en/

The link Capcom provided to RE6 owners:
http://game.capcom.com/manual/re6/en/

Do you see the problem?
>>
>>329960878
>there was a shortcut?

One of the shoulder buttons and a face button, I believe. Been a while since I played. It required a bit of mental tracking to keep track of it, because if you had one herb it would add 1 pill to your inventory, or 3 if you had 2, so you wanted to make sure you had either 3 green or a green and a red before you used it, but it was super quick as far as herb mixing goes.
>>
>>329960902
Both RE5 and RE6 will have online play. Hopefully the player bases are large enough for RE6 crossover events to work.
>>
>>329960827
>Matter of opinion. I bet you think Max Payne 3 was a bad game because it had a cutscene every time you walk across the room.

Yes. Or more specifically, it made the game worse, as most other people observed.

>Whether this is good or bad is a matter of opinion.

It is a matter of opinion. Yours is just in the small minority.
>>
How did we get here
>>
File: 1310077821027.jpg (35 KB, 357x314) Image search: [Google]
1310077821027.jpg
35 KB, 357x314
>>329961193
>Online enabled
>>
>>329960739
The campaign really fucked up in trying to be overly cinematic, and it hurt the end product greatly. There was no excuse to spend the first 20 minutes of Leon's campaign stumbling over corpses and forced walking down halls, or dealing with stupid chase scenes with Ustanak or that fucking Jeep.
>>
>>329960932
Variety is fine if it builds on game mechanics; not invents poorly polished new ones for one and done segments.
>>
>>329960932
>Since when was gameplay variety a bad thing?

When parts of them are really bad? If you want the most variety then you can pick up a 200 GAMES IN ONE cheap console at a mall kiosk. So many variations of shit
>>
>>329961574
We all know RE4 ripped off Conker's Bad Fur Day. RE6 takes that ripping off to its logical conclusion. Think Conker's hoverboarding and matrix slow diving and swimming and tank driving all that that.
>>
>>329961250
>It is a matter of opinion. Yours is just in the small minority.
You want a small minority? People who prefer classic Resident Evil to modern Resident Evil. The 2013 Tomb Raider game was full of QTEs and cinematic running sequences, and it sold a shitload of copies and has near-universal acclaim. Despite what you might think, "cinematic" TPS games are a popular genre. Max Payne 3 sold just as well as Max Payne 1, and better than Max Payne 2.
>>
>>329960827
>I bet you think Max Payne 3 was a bad game because it had a cutscene every time you walk across the room.
No, I don't think it's a bad game but that shit is a serious flaw that keeps it from being great and ruins any replay value it may have.
>>
>>329962467
How does it ruin the replay value of a videogame that one plays for the story and atmosphere first, shoot dodging second?
>>
>>329958748
RE6 is a fucking awful, uninteresting, mess of a game.
>>
>>329961165
The PC version has distinct hotkeys. H mixes herbs, and pressing 1 eats the pills.

RE6 is a fantastic game with some of the worst documentation I've ever seen.
>>
>>329961494
>There was no excuse to spend the first 20 minutes of Leon's campaign stumbling over corpses and forced walking down halls
Why? It's a slow paced introduction. Throwback to RE1 that transitions into an RE2-style "urban chaos" thing once Leon crashes the car. You're only stumbling over corpses because you're running over them instead of walking over them, anyway.

The jeep section in Chris' campaign wasn't great, but the jet section was great.
>>
>>329962750
>RE4 is a fucking awful, uninteresting, mess of a game.
Don't get me started on the tedious combat and constant backtracking and pathetic attempts to create "tension" via shit controls and combat.
>>
File: 1455087937974.gif (2 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
1455087937974.gif
2 MB, 400x226
>>329962467
>>329962625

>2016
>People still complaining about unskippable cutscenes and ruined replays.
>Has had a solution for this since day 1, but people are too dense.
>Play Max Payne 3 arcade mode
>Automatically skips cutscenes.
>60% of the unskippable cutscenes become skippable
>Hell in the Favela chapter you skip the whole walking portion and start straight in the titty bar ready to shoot.
>>
>>329963230
>Don't get me started on the tedious combat and constant backtracking and pathetic attempts to create "tension" via shit controls and combat.

but we are still stalking about RE6
>>
File: re6_ada_wong_by_kaoyon-d7b2065.jpg (120 KB, 741x1079) Image search: [Google]
re6_ada_wong_by_kaoyon-d7b2065.jpg
120 KB, 741x1079
>>329959081
She looks like a dried up white lady.
>>
File: 0 (1).jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0 (1).jpg
18 KB, 480x360
I hated RE6 when I got it back when it released and I'm thinking of buying it again when it gets released again on ps4 later this month. Do you think I will still not like it?
>>
>>329963348
RE4 is the game with the terrible design, though. It was Leon's Bad Fur Day except you can't move while shooting because "muh survival horror".
>>
>>329963464
RE6 is a game that takes quite a bit of effort to figure out how to play properly. Raising FOV, turning on Auto Action Button, and figuring out how the melee system works by reading about it online is pretty crucial. I wish Capcom would make a proper manual that explains everything. Or a real tutorial.
>>
>>329963476
>RE4 is the game with the terrible design

and somehow RE6's managed to do worse
>>
>>329963606
All I remember was guns were fucking useless, but the melee was incredible.
>>
>>329963628
RE6 is a far superior game, but ironically, the worst bits in the game are direct RE4 homages.
>>
File: 1432683600495.png (379 KB, 635x466) Image search: [Google]
1432683600495.png
379 KB, 635x466
>>329963351
Fite me
>>
>>329963725
Guns aren't useless. There's just a correct way to use them. You're not fighting ganados anymore. Many of the combat tactics from RE4 and RE5 don't really work. A good example of this would be that flashbangs don't work anything like RE4 and RE5 because there are no light-sensitive parasites to harm. And shooting enemies in the leg so you can slide into their legs and then coup de gras them is a valid form of attack that a majority of players only do by accident, I think.
>>
>>329959081
In an alternate universe, Carla and Ada would have teamed up. In fact, Ada seemed amenable to the idea if not for Carla trying to destroy mankind.
>>
>>329963787
>RE6 is a far superior game

if RE6 is far superior then why did I quit in disgust after beating one story?
>>
>>329964003
Well thats the thing is they got rid of the weapon upgrading from 4 and 5. Then they put in the stupid skill system that didn't change thing. Also like you said guns are only useful to setting up melee moves so they practically useless.
>>
>>329964149
>if RE6 is far superior then why did I quit in disgust after beating one story?
Because you don't understand what Resident Evil is really about? Because you don't like action games? Also, you don't understand RE6's story because you only finished one part of it.
>>
>>329963240
They only watched the game on youtube, it's not like they played it
>>
>>329964534
>Because you don't understand what Resident Evil is really about?
taking down zombies and Umbrella

> Because you don't like action games?
I don't like action games that have shit controls and removed features from previous games (like weapon upgrading) and added useless features (skills)

>Also, you don't understand RE6's story because you only finished one part of it.

from what I saw it was a trainwreck
>>
>>329964182
actually in RE6 you need to put more effort into balancing using your gun and melee because they added a stamina meter that depletes when you melee. running out of stamina when you have a horde of shit coming at you is a real bad time as you cant even run away, only walk. in 4 and 5 it was leg shots to melee all day nonstop everyday forever.
>>
>>329964182
>Well thats the thing is they got rid of the weapon upgrading from 4 and 5.
Good reason for that. The new skill points system is more versatile and it carries across campaigns.
>Then they put in the stupid skill system that didn't change thing.
The skill point system has major effects. You can only have three enabled at any time, but you can have different combinations of three that can be swapped in realtime using your mobile phone. So you can swap between shooting-focused with more gun damage and criticals and steadier aim, and melee focused with easier escape from grabs and more stamina and stuff.
>Also like you said guns are only useful to setting up melee moves so they practically useless.
Not at all. Guns and melee are equally important. You can play with one or the other, but a combination of the two is best. The melee system won't help you when you're taking shooting from behind cover.
>>
>>329958748
Literally all I think of when Resident Evil 6 comes to mind is a woman giving a giraffe a blowjob. Not really sure why.
>>
>>329964770
>taking down zombies and Umbrella
Umbrella was dismantled offscreen before RE4 began. They're long dead. Zombies were defective umbrella products. Not really useful on the biotech market. RE6 only has zombies in Leon's campaign in an attempt to pander.
>>
>>329964770
its almost like you a story that has 4 parts wont make sense if you only look at one. shocking

i wouldnt give it any awards or anything but its not really a train wreck or worse than any other resident evil
>>
RE6 is shit. Having 6 dodges doesn't change that.
>>
>>329964971
>Umbrella was dismantled offscreen before RE4 began. They're long dead.

it still lived on

>>329964997
the part I was exposed to was bad, so I went on the assumption that the other segments were also shit.

Also the big reveal of Jake (whose story I didn't play as my first because I was like was like "the fuck is this guy") fucking dumb
>>
>>329964997
I cringe anytime I see someone say they finished the three main campaigns and didn't bother with Ada's. I mean, hell, I know most RE games have dismal completion rates. (REMAKE and RE4 have, like, 20% completion rates), but Ada's campaign is about 4 hours long and closes all the plot threads.
>>
>>329964807
>>329964828
I don't know I blew through the game just meleeing enemies a majority of the time because the most of the guns are useless while melee is overpowered to make the game a cakewalk. The only weapon i found useful was Ada's crossbow, but it was probably one of the strongest weapons in the game. I mean if people really enjoy this game that much its fine, but i much prefered Revelations and Revelations 2 to 6.
>>
>>329965208
>it still lived on
No. Umbrella is comprehensive and utterly dead. The "Neo Umbrella" from RE6 is just a little joke mixed with opportunism on Carla's part.
>>
>>329958748
Best of the main series since 3, 4 and 5 are terrible not even a zombie in sight
>>
>>329963051
No, you walk and trip over them. And considering majority of those assholes play day, there's no fucking excuse for not giving the player the ability to kill them before OH MY GOD, A SCRIPTED EVENT, YOU WALKED THROUGH A GATE YOU COULD HAVE JUMPED OVER A WAIST HIGH BARRIER.
>>
>>329965346
>The "Neo Umbrella" from RE6 is just a little joke mixed with opportunism on Carla's part.

and has umbrella remnants. It's like how Neo Zeon has people from Zeon still helping out
>>
>>329965385
>No, you walk and trip over them.
No, if you walk, Leon steps over them carefully. You seem to be confusing running with sprinting. On PC, you hold CTRL to walk. I assume on consoles you press the stick halfway.
> there's no fucking excuse for not giving the player the ability to kill them before OH MY GOD, A SCRIPTED EVENT, YOU WALKED THROUGH A GATE YOU COULD HAVE JUMPED OVER A WAIST HIGH BARRIER.
The zombies that come to life when you get near only appear in the first 15 minutes of so of Leon's campaign. I think they're designed to teach you how to escape being grabbed. My gut feeling is that RE6 had some sort of development conflict between the shitty Prologue and Leon's first chapter. Because it actually ends up "teaching" you thinks the Prologue already featured.

Also, that bit in the Prologue where Hunnigan says she's sending you a Field Manual and this never happens.
>>
>>329965208
eh i was ok with jake overall. i didnt like him till i played his campaign and he was fleshed out tho. the fact he was teamed with sherry birkin was no mistake our coincidence either. new blood of old enemies.

>>329965276
dont get me wrong, its not like you cant use the melee attacks at a fairly steady rate, but to say that the guns are useless is flat out wrong as you would not make it using just melee.
>>
>>329965695
>The zombies that come to life when you get near only appear in the first 15 minutes of so of Leon's campaign. I think they're designed to teach you how to escape being grabbed. My gut feeling is that RE6 had some sort of development conflict between the shitty Prologue and Leon's first chapter. Because it actually ends up "teaching" you thinks the Prologue already featured.

but why can't I kill them when they are playing dead? You can do that in other games so RE has no excuse there
>>
>>329965695
They were later in the game too. There's still zero fucking excuse.

Hell, even if they're actually dead, let players waste their ammo to decapitate them or something. TEW lets you burn potential corpses, even if not every body on the ground is playing dead.
>>
>>329965841
Because that would break the "tutorial". Also, because they're not playing dead. They died recently, and the C-Virus is still working on them. They only appear early in the game. If they appeared all through the game, they'd be a serious design flaw.
>>
>>329966028
>They were later in the game too. There's still zero fucking excuse.
Give me an example. I can't think of a single "awakening" zombie past the gun shop. They're directly linked, lorewise, to a recent C-virus outbreak.

Maaaaybe on the plane? But I don't remember any there.
>>
>>329966085
>Also, because they're not playing dead. They died recently, and the C-Virus is still working on them

are you seriously trying to justify that bullshit?

> they'd be a serious design flaw.
they are already a serious design flaw because I can't kill them to keep them from coming back up.
>>
>>329966217
Dude, Leon's first chapter is a whopping 30 minutes or so long. His campaign is 8 hours. You're like someone angry that Leon couldn't put a log in front of the truck in RE4 to stop it pushing the officers over the cliff.
>>
>>329966474
More like 5. RE6 isn't long, none of the Resident Evil games are long.
>>
>>329966663
>Implying RE6 isn't the longest
Granted that's only because of it's campaign shit.
>>
>>329966474
>You're like someone angry that Leon couldn't put a log in front of the truck in RE4 to stop it pushing the officers over the cliff.

that is something completely different.

There is nothing that would of shown that the truck would be driven off the cliff.

Leon is in his THIRD zombie outbreak in RE6. He should be killing every "dead" body he sees to make sure that they are dead
>>
>>329966864
It's the same reason Snake is all "METAL... GEAR?" despite the fact he's seen Metal Gears repeatedly. Japanese writers are weird.
>>
>>329958748
I hated the repeating boss fights.
>>
>>329967749
>I hated the repeating boss fights.
Why? RE6 is about a virus that creates functionally immortal organisms. Which is why Piers is most likely alive somewhere, turning into a dinosaur every now and then.
>>

rest is absolute shit, that includes 4.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.