[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it good? Or is everyone just being faggots when they claim
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: Shadow of the Colossus.jpg (75 KB, 302x428) Image search: [Google]
Shadow of the Colossus.jpg
75 KB, 302x428
Is it good?

Or is everyone just being faggots when they claim it's one of the best games ever made?
>>
Bruh go play it and find out
>>
Bump, I want to know too.
>>
>>329944213
Same. Because I realize it's very artistic and has a great story. But I hear the gameplay is broken.
>>
>>329943886

Its amazing, play it
>>
File: 1454009222221.jpg (6 KB, 227x225) Image search: [Google]
1454009222221.jpg
6 KB, 227x225
>>329943886
Currently playing it for the first time. 12 colossus down and loving it despite the retarded controls, the worst camera possible and dumbass horse.

It's waay easier than I thought and repetitive, not in a bad way.

All in all, it's still a 9/10. And the most decent Zelda rip-off as well as the best cinematic game ever.

2good4soniggers/10.
>>
File: 1439515135569.jpg (74 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1439515135569.jpg
74 KB, 640x960
>>329944364
Gameplay isn't broken at all. Peeps like to complain about the horse controls, but they were designed to be a bit unresponsive to simulate riding an actual horse and not just a car with legs.
>>
>>329944737
Nice! Informative reply that's well-written. I appreciate it.

Would you say it's a top five PS2 game?
>>
>>329943886
It's extremely good, but not everybody's cup of tea.

It has the same kind of believable world as Dark Souls. There's not much to do outside the boss fights except explore and soak in the atmosphere. If you appreciate the quieter bits of something like Dark Souls, if you're the kind of player that stops to take in the views, then you'll probably enjoy it. It has that same sense of place, of a real world that has history. That's the main reason I never seem to get bored of this game and the souls series, you just want to keep going back to visit the worlds.
>>
>>329944364
can confirm the ps3/hd version is broken, grab mechanics don't work the way they're supposed to. The game is still beatable just tedious
>>
The worst part is easily the controls.
The framerate is pretty bad too, but since you only have a single target most of the time, this isn't a problem.
>>
>>329943886
It's ok, not as great as people give it credit for though
>>
>>329944737
It's not llike zelda at all really
>>
>>329943886
are you looking for an exceedingly technical game whose mastery will push you to your limits as a player? If so then keep looking because this isnt it.

However if you want a top tier immersive atmosphere with a solid story and very satisfying if a little basic gameplay then this is the game for you.
>>
>>329944901
Without even play it SotC is the second best if not the best.
>>
I liked Ico better
>>
File: cuckatoo.webm (798 KB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
cuckatoo.webm
798 KB, 426x426
>>329943886
you should try ps3 version. its good

sure you can emulate, but its not the same. ps2 is a bit laggy for me but still can enjoy
>>
>>329943886
it's not a very fun game but it's a good overall experience
>>
To clarify about the gameplay/controls.
There seems to be a random factor on deciding wether your stamina depletes slower or faster, even if you're grabbing at the same place in both situations, and even in the same position. The later Colossi will make it worse (specially the 15th), because they will rarely shake for a whole minute, not giving you any chance to recover your stamina.

You usually don't need more than the hints shown to discover a Colossus' weak point, but on 1 or 2 occasions you'll become lost on what to do. This happened to me against the 15th, because the stone blocks on my side of the arena weren't coming down from his strikes (I thought they were all the same).
>>
It's really good as an actual game. I don't get where the "deep artsy fartsy" meme came from for this game. It is visually pleasing and minimalist in a lot of ways, but when I finally got around to play it a couple years ago, I found the actual gameplay to be fun.
>>
>>329943886
it's pretty great. I can't think of another game like it.
just don't go in expecting "best game ever! 10/10".
>>
It's great, but you probably won't like it because you sound like an insufferable cunt.
>>
controls are wonky as fuck
>>
>>329945119
Then you don't know what Zelda is about m8.

>>329944813
It's not for being unresponsive, that is fine. It's his control alongside the camera and the fact the motherfucker stop at any random moment when you are close to stuff like edges. Agro has no AI.
>>
The PS3 version is better because the framerate is stable, but the grab mechanics are different (worse) than the PS2's.
>>
>>329943886
First game that made me cry.
>>
>all these retarded americans saying how the game isnt clunky and isnt difficult who played the objectively baby mode version of the game
>>
>>329945527
what the difference?
>>
>>329945490
>Then you don't know what Zelda is about m8.

don't even gimme that shit, they're not mechanically similiar and they focus on entirely different things
>>
>>329945570
>These people aren't agreeing with me and therefore are retarded American babies
>>
>>329945527
>>329945590

Psn version is PAL, which has a more stable framerate and more difficult controls.

NA version is the opposite.
>>
>>329945590
From what most people said, the stamina bar depletes faster, and it's pretty random overall. The PS2 had its randomness, but it wasn't very noticeable, while it is in the PS3 version.

Also they fixed a bug from the PS2 version, where a diagonal jump wouldn't drain stamina.
>>
File: aizentea2.jpg (40 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
aizentea2.jpg
40 KB, 480x360
>>329945732
>they're not mechanically similiar and they focus on entirely different things.

Exploration and beating the bosses in order to save the girl in danger?
>>
>>329943886
Its beauty is in its simplicity. It's personally one of my all time favorites.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.