[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overlooked/Underrated Gems post em boys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: header.jpg (39 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
39 KB, 460x215
Overlooked/Underrated Gems

post em boys
>>
But system shock 2 literally has a cult following
>>
>>329941841
maybe he wants to attract system shock 1 purists for some reason
>>
>>329941841
Does it really? I never see people talk about it.
>>
>>329942319
It shows up on all kinds of best game lists, too.
>>
>>329942221
can you really call them purists for liking the better game?
>>
>>329943915
found one
>>
>>329941692
I can't get into it, what am I doing wrong?
>>
>>329944429
I dunno, why can't you get into it?
>>
>>329944429
are you using the wrench as your main
>>
>>329944721
It just feels so different from what I'm used to playing, all the new key mappings and stuff like that. Like I have to learn how to slow down.
>>329944873
Maybe just a little. am I supposed to run away from the bad guys?
>>
File: Kirby And The Amazing Mirror.jpg (75 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Kirby And The Amazing Mirror.jpg
75 KB, 500x500
best game of all time
>>
>>329945195
You can and should change the key mappings.
And in my experience, running away should probably be a last resort kind of thing. There's always the chance of it leading you right to another enemy.
>>
>>329945390
are you 12?
>>
>>329945195
remap those keys to be normal. try to like roleplay it more. and running is good because dodging attacks is something you have to do.
>>
>>329942221
Man I tried that.

The trial/error puzzles and cyberspace were fucking awful.
>>
>>329946019
cyberspace is awesome though, it is nightmarishly difficult sometimes though. you can always just adjust the difficulty of them though.
>>
>>329946019
you can disable the wiring puzzles if you hate them that much
>>
Magic carpet 2
>>
File: nier[1].jpg (62 KB, 738x613) Image search: [Google]
nier[1].jpg
62 KB, 738x613
>>
>>329946378
I'll probably throw it on easy-modo and give the game another try, like, later.

The mouselook mod/sold package at least compensates for the awful default turn rate.
>>
>>329946990
the sold package is pretty decent, even if it is just fan content that got licensed and sold. a good strategy would be to turn everything except the plot down to 1 and just get a feel or the game and then once it feels more natural play it normally
>>
>>329947470
Well mouselook trivializes the combat so I had that switched to full. Grenades OP.
>>
>>329947646
I can't get used to the grenades since they just explode on impact, I usually just take some acid and then go beat the shit out of everything on my rollerskates with my lightsaber
>>
Should I play the new SS1 release or wait for the remake?
>>
File: url52.jpg (35 KB, 335x436) Image search: [Google]
url52.jpg
35 KB, 335x436
>>
>>329948045
Play it now. Make sure you mark everything on the map
>>
are there any overhauls or anything for ss2 or should I just play it raw
I've been putting this game off literally for years now
>>
>>329948260
You can mark stuff on the SS1 map?
>>
>>329948336
I can't remember if you can in vanilla, but you're definitely able to in System Shock Portable and I'm sure whatever the new version is.
>>
>>329948336
Yes, press the label that says FULL on the map.

The rest is obvious.
>>
>system shock 2 underrated

anon how old are you?
>>
>>329948321
I remember a year or two ago some French guy released some tools to make it play nice with widescreen and multiple core CPUs, I think. Maybe look into that?
>>
>>329945785
Are you a fucking faggot? Not OP, but Kirby series is literally GOAT.
>>
>>329948128
Got any tips for this game? Picked it up during the Winter sale and I've tried to play but I've been too lazy to try and really get into it. I love mercantile/trade games though.
>>
>>329944429
Remap keys to what suits you
Standard weapons are the safest bet for your first playthrough
Use your wrench, ammo is scarce
Get one level of research
Level up hacking
Explore
>>
>>329948874
http://patrician3.wikia.com/wiki/Newbie_Aid

It's something you're going to have to play and fuck up a few times before you really get it. I'm not the best at it.
In the introductory campaign you'll start in Lubeck. You'll want to buy iron goods and sell them to neighboring cities for a profit of at least 70+ gold a barrel. Buy cloth/pig iron from Malmo and meat/pig iron from Aalborg. Finished goods like iron goods, cloth, leather and skins will make you good money. Lubeck produces iron goods, so don't try to sell anything there.

Once you make a bit of money, build a second ship. Look for cheap bricks, lumber, hemp where you can find it, since those are building materials. After a while you'll start getting production licenses in other cities. Germans love making money. The best way to gain respect in the game is to get filthy rich. Once you've accumulated a fair bit of money, start building iron works in Lubeck. You'll also want to build brick makers and lumber yards. You will need a lot of building materials. I focus all of them in Lubeck since you should focus on your home city as much as possible.

After that, build a trading office in Malmo or Aalberg to produce iron mines. After that, you'll want breweries. Stettin and Gdansk are good for this. Lubeck produces 3 of the basic goods for commoners (timber, fish and grain) but not beer. Come winter, you will need a lot of beer. Just focus on trying to satisfy the supply of goods in Lubeck and then other towns you have trading offices in. At this point you should be able to figure out how to progress in the game.

Other tips are to join the guild early while it's cheap and keep your nose clean to start out with. Don't work with smugglers or pirates. Don't bribe. Maybe on another playthrough, but not when you're first starting out. Also, wash your ass in the bath once in a while. Your rep goes down when you stink.
>>
>>329950298
I should also note that once you got your fingers into a few different industries you'll want managers into your offices. You can set parameters of what you want them to sell. You can also tell them to buy off the town market. Once they've been employed for a while, they'll start collecting higher wages but they actually give you better deals, so it's worth it to keep them around.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.