[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever considering quitting video games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: 1451154175325.jpg (77 KB, 720x600) Image search: [Google]
1451154175325.jpg
77 KB, 720x600
Have you ever considering quitting video games?
>>
Videogames aren't a hobby

I have actual hobbies, I only play maybe 5-6 videogames per year, and only ones I really want to play
>>
>>329922838
It depends on what types of games you like. If you enjoy RTS or another subcategory that has been forgotten, I feel your pain.
>>
>>329923067
what is a "actual hobby" and what isn't?
>>
>>329922838
>have you ever considered not doing something you enjoy more than just about anything
Not really, no.
>>
>>329923067
>Videogames aren't a hobby
Say what? I don't even remember the last time I watched television.
>>
File: image.png (112 KB, 242x423) Image search: [Google]
image.png
112 KB, 242x423
I haven't played a game(besides testing my own) in a month. This has been my longest dry spell ever.

Is this what being an adult is like?
>>
>>329923203
Videogames are just a passive form of entertainment that nearly everyone does

You wouldn't consider watching TV or reading books a hobby would you?

Hobbies are specialized things, like painting, model making, R/C, scubadiving, weekend track racing, golfing, offroading etc
>>
>>329922838
>>329922838

I did.

But that would require money, and opportunities I seem incapable of making right now.

So for now I play vidya.
>>
Yeah. I actually tried having a life for a while between 2011-2014, partied hard, did drugs and got drunk all the time, went to nightclubs etc, but I got bored of it eventually. I got a gf who is also into games so now I just sit at home with her and play vidya really, like I did before I attempted normie life, except less lonely I guess.
>>
when I read that Donald Trump tweet. I hate disappointing my dear leader
>>
>>329922838
sure, but then I would just switch one boring hobby with a different boring hobby so its k
>>
>>329923651

You will still have a place in the glorious Great America once he wins, as long as you comply with the video game taxes and the low energy individual taxes.
>>
>>329922838
At what point in Homeland did they visit the Hospital from Scrubs?? I didn't finish season 5 is this what I'm missing???
>>
>>329923441
Reading books could be a hobby, depending on how you do it.
>>
>>329923441
>Pressing buttons on a controller is passive
>I'm gonna make up these bullshit qualifiers for what is considered a hobby so if someone asks about my hobbies I don't have to be embarassed.
>>
Sometimes. At least modern video games.
>>
>>329923203
>>329923329
>>329923962
>>329923975
Don't reply, it's copypasta.
>>
>>329923975
>Im gonna pretend playing videogames is a hobby so I dont feel like I'm literally just throwing my time away with absolutely nothing to show for it
>>
>>329923871
Fucking kek.
>>
Yeah, except the Civ series. We still play the series at work when we have some down time.
>>
>>329922838
when i was on an SSRI yeah but thats because there was no enjoyment anymore.
>>
>>329923441
I rarely read books but when I do I act like its a hobby lol
>>
I play like 2 or 3 games a year so in a way I've already quit
>>
>>329924279
(You)

You seem like you need this real bad.
>>
>>329922838
I put it on hold when I get new paint supplies or model kits for my imported mechs
>>
>>329923441

You have no understanding of the English language.

Please kill yourself before pretending to know the dictionary definition of words far beyond your intellectual capacity to understand.

Your idiocy disgusts me.

For the love of life, read a fucking book.
>>
after I finish my backlog I'm going to sell my games and consoles. I'm done being disappointed with the stupid things the industry does all the time. also in the next few years I'm going to have to get serious about college if I want to do something besides work at fucking Starbucks for the rest of my life
>>
>>329925905
He would, but it would get it the way of his hobbies
>>
No matter what hobbies I undertake, I always end up coming back to video games as they have always provided the most pleasure in my life, even in relationships. Now that I'm nearing 30, I've just accepted the fact that this is what I love to do and will never give it up, as pathetic as it sounds.
>>
>>329926170
>falling for the college meme
You're going to end up at Starbucks anyways. Only with massive debt.
>>
>>329922838
Yes.
>>
File: 164.jpg (32 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
164.jpg
32 KB, 469x463
>>329925905
>Your idiocy disgusts me.
> far beyond your intellectual capacity to understand
>>
>>329922838
I play them sparingly and they have made me lots of great friends and continue to do so, so no.
Also I mean actual IRL friends, not fake online "friends", those people are not your friends.

Unless youre an addict playing +20 hrs a week, theres no reason to quit
>>
I did about a year ago.

My boyfriend still plays and I watch him now and then but I just either burned out or grew out of it, no clue tbqh familia.
>>
>>329922838
I alreadly did, I have no interest in playing any game that is up to come this year or next. I have a very old pc that barely runs Dota 2 and last time I played it was monday. I just come to /v/ because it is sfw.
>>
>>329926969
So you have a 4chan addiction. Even worse.
>>
>>329926894
are you a fag or a girl? Either way get out of my broad. You don't even play vidya
>>
>>329927198
Fag

Make me nerdlord
>>
>>329922838
No. It's never influenced my life enough to the point that it's ruining my life or it's too addicting for me. I'm not forced to give it up to satisfy somebody else either. I still enjoy them to much to even have quitting come up as a thought.
>>
>>329926894
Why did you quit?
>>
>>329922838
I pretty much quit already. Literally play once a month in a good month.
>>
I can only get addicted to anything involing social components, namely multiplayer games or anything with an active community, but even then I barely play anything at all these days.
Now if only I could find a way to quite 4chan
>>
>>329922838
Not really. I have considered picking up more things to do instead.
>>
>>329923067
If you honestly spend your time that well you wouldn't be here.
>>
>>329922838
Yeah. Each time I have I've been significantly more fulfilled and happier. Not sure why I keep coming back.
>>
What do you even do after quitting ?
>>
File: 1457132821689.png (29 KB, 159x277) Image search: [Google]
1457132821689.png
29 KB, 159x277
>>329922838
>quitting a non-detrimental hobby that you enjoy
>>
>In college
>Reading books more
>Not much time for games
>Very few even interest me

Last games I played were MGSV and Digimon, and I didn't even finish them.
>>
>>329928971
>non-detrimental
>>
I wish I could quit 4chan.
I don't even enjoy it anymore.

But for some reason mindlessly refreshing the catalog seems to be all I'm compelled to do with my evenings.
>>
>>329928841
I was more forced to quit by stuff I had to do that wasnt video games
>>
>>329922838
I pretty much have. I'll play some fighting games here and there to kill a little time but I have no interest in single player games anymore, mainly due to lack of time (yeah I get it I'm here but its Sunday). When I see a massive open world to explore with hundreds of quests I just see a list of things to do instead of a fun adventure and know it'll take forever to finish so I say fuck it. Although I'm getting into older games I missed as a kid from SNES, Genesis, N64, and PS2.
>>
>>329922838
Yes.

In my dreams I only play FIFA
>>
>>329922838
I wish I could but every time I try I just fall back onto it since I do nothing else
>>
>>329930280
this pretty much, i can't enjoy a huge game playing it 1h every now and then and i can't afford gaming marathons now
maybe when summer comes
>>
I haven't played video games in years. I just come here for the fellowship and talk about the games I used to play.
>>
at one point I spent months test my own game and playing shitty demos made by /agdg/
I felt severely depressed
and then I played an actual video game, it was great

so no, I'll keep playing video games in some capacity
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.