[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any other games out there I can play like Witcher 3? I feel fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: 1433555684524.jpg (1005 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1433555684524.jpg
1005 KB, 3840x2160
Any other games out there I can play like Witcher 3? I feel fucking lost as a gamer after it. I'm so fucking bored senseless. Already played the obvious
>Witcher 1-3+hearts of stone
>Elder Scrolls through Skyrim
>Dragon Age 1 and 2 (unfortunately)
>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>Demon's Souls - Bloodborne
>Dragon's Dogma
Probably more. I don't know what to do. Help me.
>>
>>329919650
The entire fucking Gothic and Risen series.
Witcher 3 was very heavily influenced by Gothic, straight from the devs mouth.
>>
>>329920058
>Witcher 3 was very heavily influenced by Gothic
gothic 3? :^)
>>
>No fallout 4

Your lifeis a meme
>>
>>329919650
Gothic.. but every other game can go fuck themselves because Witcher series / Gothic series are the only good rpg game.
>>
>>329919650
Russian Roulette IRL: 6 Bullet Edition
>>
File: 1456311617086.jpg (96 KB, 840x700) Image search: [Google]
1456311617086.jpg
96 KB, 840x700
>finish Witcher 3
>now slogging through the backlog, hoping for a gem
>nothing I haven't already played can compare
>>
NWN 2 but that's more like Dragon Age Origins anyways.
>>
>>329920058
>>329919650

This.

OP you need to play the Gothic games. They are huge in Poland and was therefore a big inspiration for the Witcher series. Its an excellent RPG series. I only like Gothic 1 and 2 with the expansion, but a lot of people like Gothic 3 as well. Steer clear of the fourth gameEEEEEthere is no fourth game do not worry there is no fourth game in the Gothic serieeeeEEEE

I can also recommend Arx Fatalis.
>>
>>329919650
Dragon Age Inquisition.
>>
>>329919650
>all TPS
aren't you a boring mother fucker.
>>
>>329920516

Your posting privileges have been withdrawn.
>>
>>329920425
>>329920195
>>329920058
Will def look into Gothic. Should I assume its to be played in order 1-3 with some form of continuous story or world? Also is Risen connected? A quick google through that idea around
>>329920365
Same here bro, I don't think its going to happen
>>329920503
I'm so lost I've almost been tempted. Its $10 on G2A
>>
>>329920516
Gee, it's almost as it's a it's a list of games similar to a TPS.
Half aren't even TPS, anon.
>>
>>329920616
I'm outta here, plebs.
>>
just stay away from the risen games. the first one is mediocre, second one is bad and the third risen game is honestly the worst fucking game i've ever played. it really is complete shit
>>
>>329920620

>Should I assume its to be played in order 1-3 with some form of continuous story or world?

Barely. You play the same guy but there is a new threat rising in every game. Lots of the same characters shows up and so on. Would deffinetly recommend playing them in succession, but its not really required.

>Also is Risen connected?

In spirit it is. It COULD be the same world, but its a stretch. Its very similar in how things work but its not literally the same universe probably maybe.
>>
>>329919650
i dont understand OP,
i tried really hard to get into witcher but i just couldnt, and im big RPG lover. Enjoyed tremendously shit like morrowind, oblivion was ok when it came out, loved Dark Souls, baldurs gate, planescape torment...

But every witcher game seemed shitty to me, they always have shitty combat systems, empty characters, shitty mmorpg like quests. yeah the graphics is nice but its terribly empty feeled game, filled with empty meaningless shit.
>>
>>329920620
>Should I assume its to be played in order 1-3 with some form of continuous story or world?
You are correct.
You play as the same character in those games, your choices matter very much like in Witcher but there's no save import between the games, as in the choices matter within the game you're playing but outcomes at the end are similar enough that next games always just stay vague on it. They are chronologically connected.
Forsaken Gods and ArcaniA are not-canon, they were made by different developer and were disowned by original devs.

You will want to get unofficial patches for Gothic 1-3.
>>
>>329920408
is NWN2 voiced? I've always wondered. Also is it a direct sequel where you have to play NWN1, or is it like Kotor to Kotor2 with Bioware and Obsidian?
>>
>>329921140
>your choices matter very much like in Witcher

Look, I love the games, but this is not true at all. Especially in the first game, where your choice of faction literally changes nothing at all.
>>
>>329921137
I feel the same way about Witcher games mate, tried to get into them, simply can't.
>>
>>329919650
Nehrim (Oblivion mod).
Enderal (Skyrim mod) will be released soonish. Both are similar to the Gothic series.
>>
op you should just abandon this thread. pirahana byes shills are some of the most brain dead subhuman monkeys around. luckily their numbers are so small because pb games are shit, but they truly are the most cancerous fan base. just leave the thread. they have an inability to be objective about their shit games and will trick you into paying money for garbage
>>
>>329921560

Nice meme
>>
Lets all settle down and be real here for a moment. Is Dragon Age 3 actually shit, or not?
>>
File: Nehrim.jpg (292 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Nehrim.jpg
292 KB, 1600x900
>>329921376
For Enderal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KstWmmVMMIQ
Very comfycore, Nehrim is also pretty comfy though, as long as you don't rush the game like a madman.
>>
>>329921846
it's shit

the combat is awful and it stops being an rpg about half way through. it's also filled with mmo quests
>>
>>329921846

It fills the void nicely if thats what you mean.
>>
>>329921846
It's mediocre in my opinion. But I thought DA:O was pretty decent instead of awesome (as everyone else seems to think).
>>
>>329922370

It was ok. The WRPG genre was starved for good games at the time.
>>
>>329919650

STALKER is a good series for getting lost in. Really atmospheric and tense.
>>
>>329920620
Late to the thread, but if you liked TW3, DA:I is going to be a kick in the nuts. It's literally the antithesis of TW3

Not to put the former on a pedestal, but you know how every quest, even the most mindless one had rich backstory, interesting characters and were pretty interesting? DA:I shits all over that premise. Every quest is as monotonous as the next, except the main ones, which are few and far in between, and are locked behind a currency that you only get by doing said monotonous quests.

The combat is also WAY worse. It wasn't even good in TW3, but goddamn if they stopped trying in DA:I.

tl;dr, don't even bother
>>
I seriously wish there was some developer making games like bethesda but actually good. Like New Vegas. I fucking love the structure of these games, but the games themselves are just shit.
>>
>>329919650
Kingdom Come: Deliverance looks like it's going to be pretty good. But that's like a year away.
>>
>>329923198
>comparing party base rtwp combat with popamole acshun
wew lad
>>
>>329924107
Stopped trying in the sense of the Dragon Age franchise

You cannot possibly tell me that having less control and not being able to fuck with the AI in DA:I was better than DA:O
>>
>>329923676
no current aaa devs can.
pyranha byte was the only hope but they got themselves into a corner financially. they have never been good writers either.
maybe if bethestard stop buying fo4 dlcs, wanking to waifu and whine harder, todd will reform the company.
>>
Are there any good WRPG that aren't Witcher 3 you can play...with a controller?
>>
>>329925232
Gothic 1 was initially developed with PS1 in mind actually so if you map buttons manually to a controller you will enjoy it more than the hamfisted keyboard controls that the game has.
>>
>>329921137
Mmorpg like quests. Lol ok you haven't played any of the games, you just read v copy pasta and repeat it.
>>
>>329924223
DA:I is a step backwards in combat but a step forward in terms of storytelling, which is what the OP is looking for anyway.

besides if he played DA2 then DA:I is going to be the shit compared to that.
>>
>>329921137
>empty characters

how can you say that?
>>
>>329925858
>but a step forward in terms of storytelling
How? Do you mean in Bioware games? I didn't really notice anything noteworthy in DA:I, and certainly not compared to TW3
>>
File: guaranteed replies.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
guaranteed replies.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>329921137
>>329925623
this. Hadn't you said "mmorpg like quest", I might've believed you tried them
>>
>>329919650
Arx Fatalis
>>
>>329921137
>shitty combat systems
Ok I'll admit the combat usually isn't ideal or even really that fun but most of the time it works

>empty characters
You must not pay attention at all to the writing or just not care much.

>shitty mmorpg like quests
Only one with MMO-like quests was TW1, and even so there were some quality ones mixed in. Literally one of the main reasons why The Witcher series is praised is because most of the sidequests feel not like MMOs

>terribly empty feeled game
I got plenty of immersion and experience out of it, on par with Planescape

>filled with empty meaningless shit.
How'd I spend hours exploring each game where I found some enjoyable and unique sidequests?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.