[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he really a bad guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: Solidus Snake.jpg (96 KB, 638x343) Image search: [Google]
Solidus Snake.jpg
96 KB, 638x343
Was he really a bad guy?
>>
File: mgs2.jpg (341 KB, 996x1445) Image search: [Google]
mgs2.jpg
341 KB, 996x1445
>>329916892
he tried to nuke NYC, so yes.
>>
4u
>>
>>329917349
>nuke NYC
No he wasn't, he was going to let off a nuclear blast above so that the Patriots/all devices would be disabled.
>>
>>329917489
And then everything gets coated in a nice radioactive snow

Airburst weapons exist too
>>
>>329917805
>I haven't listened to the conversation in the game
way to go anon
>>
>>329918607
that's just some bullshit he made up to make the nuke seem harmless.

MGS2 is full of god damned liars.
Solidus
Ocelot
Roy (before and after the reveal)
Rose (before and after the reveal)
etc...

that you have no idea who to trust besides Snake and Otacon.
>>
>>329917349
>played Game
>expected Remake of the game
What.
>>
>>329919083
Twin Snakes is a remake of MGS1, not MGS2.

I expected a game on par with Twin Snakes but I got a hot mess
>>
>>329917349
>there are people who liked Twin Snakes
Jesus Christ this taste.
>>
>>329919421
It was my first MGS
>>
>>329916892
He had noble goals but he had no idea what he was doing. He didn't understand what he was fighting against.
>>
>>329919332
>expected a game on par with Twin Snakes
>got a hot mess

So it was on par with Twin Snakes then?
>>
>>329919876
Twin Snakes was not a hot mess.

even if it was, still better than MGS2
>>
>>329919712
agreed
>>
File: 1451530289757.jpg (7 KB, 135x167) Image search: [Google]
1451530289757.jpg
7 KB, 135x167
>>329920120
>he didn't play the original mgs

yeah, no wonder you didn't get mgs2
>>
>>329917489
No, he wasn't going to do that either. He just wanted the names of The Patriots.
>>
If he was going to rebel against the Patriots, I think a better time might have been while he was fucking President of the United States. "Oh, but he's just a figurehead!" Yeah, but how many people actually KNOW that? Like do all the military officers and government officials know they're supposed to ignore the President if a sinister computer contradicts him? The Patriots are too much of a secret for that to be true.

Or just announce at the biggest Town Hall meeting you're having that year, "Oh by the way, we're all secretly being controlled by a cabal of evil computers because Kojima just recently saw the Matrix and also they control all televised and electronic media so you all have to spread the truth by word of mouth! Go! Tell the people!"
>>
He was merely pretending to be evil
>>
>>329921849
I did go back and play MGS.

There was nothing to "get" in GS2, drakeposter
>>
>>329916892
no, but he was a big guy
>>
File: 936.jpg (33 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
936.jpg
33 KB, 625x626
>>329920120
>There are people who legitimately think twin snakes was better than mgs2
>>
>>329919042
>Snake
I already tried saying this on leddit a few years ago, but they dismissed me outright, so hear me out

All memes aside, what if Pliskin really wasn't Solid Snake?
What evidence do we have that he is Snake? Just the fact that he said "I'm Solid Snake?" Well so did Solidus, but he is most definitely no Snake either.
What they were doing, molding Raiden into a second Snake, could that not have been done already through VR to make Pliskin? Otacon could just be another big liar that's been ordered to say Pliskin is the real Snake, or perhaps Otacon himself has been rused.
Is there any solid, irrefutable evidence that Pliskin and Snake are the same, aside from implications and claims made by the characters?
>>
>>329917349
But those were just americans, so was he REALLY a bad guy?
>>
>>329925016
are you non American?
>>
>>329921849
Man MGS2 was my first Metal Gear. I had no idea what was going on. But boy it was fun.

After playing 3 and 4 in went and played 1. Became my favorite. When I went back and replayed MGS2 again soooo much dialog made soooo much more sense. The whole intro dialog with Snake and Otacon was incredibly pleasing once I knew what the fuck they were going on about.
>>
>>329924429
They dismissed you outright because that's bashit.
For one thing, why would Ocelot give a fuck if that wasn't the real Snake? For another, what point is there is literally recreating Snake, and also metaphorically recreating him, like with Raiden? Why go through the trouble of making a copycat when you can make the real deal?
>>
>>329926304
>because that's bashit.

like all of Arsenal Gear
>>
>>329925458
I remember a friend of mine wanted to borrow MGS2 from me, but I refused to let him until he borrowed and beat MGS1 first.

He later thanked me for my diligence, because MGS2 makes no goddamn sense (or "even less goddamn sense") without MGS1's set up.
>>
>>329926304
Because Snake died/ went into hiding after the tanker.
They needed to make a new snake as a character for others to rally around.
They needed a hero, so they decided to make one.
Sorta like Venom Snake
>>
>>329926604
>They needed to make a new snake as a character for others to rally around.

but they went with some whiner
>>
>>329926728
No, they went with Pliskin
>>
>>329926789
wasn't the whole point of Big Shell, aka the Solid Snake Simulation , to turn a person (Raiden) into Solid Snake?
>>
>>329926890
Was it?
Or was it merely a setup by the Patriots to get you to assassinate George Sears?
Perhaps your training was a test of a different method by which they could "produce" Snakes.
In the end, it's all speculation
>>
>>329924429
idk if there's anything that would 100% prove it looking at it like this
>>
>>329926890
That's what Solidus was told, yes.
The GW AI told Raiden it was a test to see how well they could manipulate people.
>>
>>329927701
>The GW AI

I don't listen to retards:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul8j9I90ueM

plus MGS4 showed that they were liars
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.