[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aonuma has played through Dark Souls: Thinks it's too easy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
Is he right, /v/?
>>
killing all the junk is easy, yeah so what? sometimes it's fun being a god
>>
>>329911891
>OP writes a fake interview
>then reposts it in a screencap to make it look more real
>No source anywhere
Fuck off.
>>
Let's beat him up
>>
Blood bourne, DS is outdated.
>>
>>329911891
Nigga still hadn't even beaten Zelda 1
>>
>>329912410
BloodBorne has less variety than DS though, so it suffers more from what that interview says.
>>
File: 1436741309706.jpg (36 KB, 492x305) Image search: [Google]
1436741309706.jpg
36 KB, 492x305
>>329912267
real stories are just so boring n' all
>>
You tried, I guess.
>>
>faggot hack who dropped Zelda 1 because he kept dying to Octoroks

lel reminder Zelda U will have shit, braindead easy combat because of Aonuma
>>
>>329911891
source
>>
>>329911891
this is fake
stop posting it
>>
nice sauce faggot
Aonuma is too polite too trash another dev, especially a japanese one.
>>
>>329914273
>trash another dev

How the fuck is that trashing? The made up post is fucking right on all points.
>>
>Le Aonuma boogeyman XD

He was responsible for much of OoT, including dungeon layout and design, and you fags won't stop circle-jerking over how much better OoT was than these "Aonuma Zeldas" he didn't actually directly work on but rather oversaw as other people did the actual designing and creating.

Ignorant shitwits, the lot of you.
>>
>>329914427
When does your weapon ever become useless against certain types of enemies? Also enemy weaknesses don't play that big of a part in the game.
>>
>>329914804
Because that's all the fake post said.
>>
>>329911891
All I know is that it's fake.
>>
>>329914687
>Zelda is all about dungeons

He was also leading MM into a shithole until Miyamoto assigned Koizumi to salvage the whole thing because he's a fucking terrible game director
>>
>>329914804

ghost enemies needed some kind of phantom weapon or a consumable item. Skeletons regenerated without a divine weapon. But that's it
>>
>>329912845

>Can cast spells in any stance, attack, fire guns, and stance swap instantly... Granting more immediate variety to combat versus the old cumbersome systems of swaping stance at distance and equipping catalysts to cast.
>Items are incredibly more meaningful and effective in combat, and everything from cocktails, pebbles, to lead elixir have incredible uses in the late game.
>Boomhammer, Stake Driver, Reiter, Bowblade, Kin and Beast modes (and other weapons) introduce new ways to emphasize melee combat; the game's strongest point.
>The sheer strength of the movesets alone provide the player with more pokes and usable moves (including the incredible charged r2s) then ever before with almost no fodder versus the old system of having 0-2 moves worthwhile attacks, relagating your playstyle into an r1 bot, while some whole weapon classes were left in the cold.

You can say the builds lack variety like 2-handing shields and shit, but the combat is much more varied on a naunced level.
>>
>>329911891
>I managed to defeat the final boss simply by countering his attacks over and over again
>simply
o i am laffin
>>
>>329915010
And he designed other shit too like items and enemies. Stop dancing around the point. He was directly involved in the design process and designed much of the content himself for OoT. You ignorant retards love to whine about how he ruined the franchise and how much better OoT and MM were when he literally made those games. He isn't directly involved in the design process as a director, he's not making the actual in-game content anymore in the games you love to attribute to him fucking up.
>>
>>329914427
It is right, but not something Aonuma would say.
>>
>>329915201
Yeah man. I sure love that "jump and attack until I'm hurt, then run, heal myself and repeat for 5+ minutes" PVP combat.
If you like fast combat BB is great, but by no means it has the variety of dark souls.
>>
I'd like an actual source instead of a screenshot of a post on /v/
>>
>>329915650
Oh I know that anon.
>>
>>329915010
The only thing Koizumi did was to introduce the 3 ays idea. Everything else is Aonuma, stop being a faggot.
>>
>>329915563
He's the producer of the series.

His word and his ideas are laws and he orders the director around.
>>
>>329911891
Yes. The "they're so DIFFICULT" meme is really tired.
>>
>this thread again with no source
>retards will continue to reply
>>
nice try op
>>
>>329915747
>The only thing Koizumi did was to introduce the 3 ays idea.
Epic
>>
>>329915201
Movement options are limited without equip load or your actual equipment making a difference, you can harp on and on about how the paltry weapon selection and useless armor really makes the game more diverse but it simply isn't. You have fewer viable and non-viable builds in BB, you move like you're using a fast DEX build regardless of what you use or wear.

You also have iframes out the ass compared to DaS, your roll is ridiculous, your faster attacks are near unpunishable, you retain mobility while healing and it doesn't take nearly as long for the animation to finish, you regain health on hit without needing a specific item and its more effective, you can stack healing items from the onset of the game, you have ranged parry/stagger, etc. etc. it's so much less punishing its not even funny, the Director himself said he made the game less punishing for new players.
>>
>>329915752
So he's even less involved in the creation of specific in-game content.
>>
>stealing from gamefaqs
>>
>>329914891
I know it's fake, but that guy said it was an accurate criticism, which it isn't outside of the the Gwyn complaint.
>>
>>329916198
The entire game and concepts are his ideas.

All he does is poke in occasionally and pat the director's head if he's doing a goob job or nag them if he's not following his vision.
>>
>>329911891
there is at least a 90+% likelihood that Aonuma doesn't even know what Dark Souls is.

He didn't even know what Dynasty Warriors was until a few years ago when he played it for the first time and thought "a zelda game like this would be kinda cool"

Nintendo has traditionally operated in a bubble where they don't even act like they live on the same planet as the rest of us.
>>
>>329916320
He's the "ideas guy" and everyone else does the actual designing and creation of the content, down to more specific things like dungeon layout. Aonuma doesn't roll in and say "Make it exactly like this, I've already done your jobs for you" he oversees the project and makes sure everyone is doing their hobs and the game stays on schedule.

It's just so funny to see people completely disregard the actual work he did on the so-called best games in the series and then complain about the games he was not directly involved in the creation of.
>>
>>329916698
every single game that aonuma has worked on as director have been terrible, and the ones where he was producer have been at least kind of good but still generally worse than the miyamoto era.

i do not know what you're trying to pull.
>>
>>329917028
>Games he actually works on at a design level are great
>Games he's not actually working on aren't so great
>B-b-but it's all his fault!
I disagree with you anyway, none of the games he directed were terrible, and if they were it was because of the people actually designing the game, not the figurehead at the top.
>>
>>329917274
he worked as a level designer or some shit in OoT, among others. He was probably explicitly to blame for the water temple.
>>
>>329917426
He has gone on record for taking credit for it, but it would be obvious it was his even if he hadn't

>barely use your sword at all
>main focus on dungeon is playing songs and raising and lowering water, rather than exploring and fighting monsters
>boss is a "use an item on the eyeball and then slash at it with your sword" one
>most important thing in the entire dungeon is changing your shoes

If Dark Link wasn't shuffled in there from the scrapped Light Temple, there would be no redeeming the Water Temple
>>
File: 1454137081377.jpg (31 KB, 495x595) Image search: [Google]
1454137081377.jpg
31 KB, 495x595
>It's a "let's spout Malstrom's blatantly biased half-research as if it were completely true" thread
>>
>>329918146
I'm shocked Malstrom isn't someone we make fun of more on here, honestly. That guy dedicates all of his time shitting on a video game company he hasn't liked since the 80's. Can you imagine being that autistic? Even Chris Chan grew out of telling people that he was a virgin.
>>
>>329917426
>>329917737
And he also designed at least half a dozen "early and mid-game" dungeons, this likely includes stuff like the Forest Temple.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.