[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are PC gamers so obsessed with E-sports? It's like every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 284x177
Why are PC gamers so obsessed with E-sports? It's like every single competitive game that comes out they think is their ticket to e-sport fame and fortune.

This happened with Street fighter 5, Mortal Kombat X, Dota 2, LoL, blah blah the list goes on...

Listen you NEET fucks! Your never going to be the next Dendi and you suck at video games even when you go all out and get all the professional "gear" like fight sticks or customizable mouse+keyboards.

Just accept your fate and die alone in your moms basement.
>>
>the list goes on
Continue the list then
>>
>>329911285

People like to get better and watch skilled players. Perhaps someone owning a console wouldn't understand because how high can the skill ceiling on consoles possibly be.
>>
File: 2gd and his dad.jpg (91 KB, 663x539) Image search: [Google]
2gd and his dad.jpg
91 KB, 663x539
>dendi
>>
>>329911285
>Why are PC gamers so obsessed with E-sports?

In general, they're not. You're basically getting mad over shit that you made up. Calm down.
>>
>>329911812
I just had a tourney in my city for Blops 3 on ps4.

first place won $10,000
second place was $8,000
and 3rd was $5,000
then they gave $500 to the last 20 people
>>
>>329911285
it's true. when someone is so shit at life they need
that small glimmer of hope that one day their hobby will become their full time job
>>
>>329912082

CoD is the opposite of fun.
>>
File: 1450766927214.png (298 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
1450766927214.png
298 KB, 600x512
>>329911285
>PC gamers
>MKX

>MKX
>E-sport
>>
Why are normies so perpetually butthurt about other people DARING to not enjoy meat-sports?
>>
File: 1433373516409.jpg (40 KB, 600x342) Image search: [Google]
1433373516409.jpg
40 KB, 600x342
>>329911285
Why are normies so obsessed with sports? It's like every single competitive game that comes out they think is their ticket to sport fame and fortune.

This happened with football, handegg, tennis blah blah the list goes on...

Listen you NEET fucks! Your never going to be the next Rock and you suck at sports even when you go all out and get all the professional "gear" like balls or customizable gloves and cup.

Just accept your fate and die alone in your moms basement.
>>
>>329912578
can't people dream? they just want to be millionaires it's no different then people who spend $1000's on lottery tickets
>>
>>329911485
you know the list just look at the top games on twitch
>>
>>329912861
I must've missed the stardew valley esport scene
>>
>>329912861
>why would people actually watch people that have something to offer from their gameplay (such as outstanding skill) instead of random memer or a slut skimming censorship rules
>>
>>329913175
>he watches twitch
>>
>>329913294
Why are gameshitters perpetually, terminally butthurt?
>>
>>329913419
>he doesn't watch twitch therefore he's a shitter

e-sport fandom logic once again. You get good at a game by PLAYING it, not WATCHING it retard. It's like watching the joy of painting and then thinking you'll be just as good as bob ross next time you paint
>>
People have enjoyed watching competitive games for thousands of years.

Thats like saying why play guitar when you will never be a famous musician.
>>
>>329911485
>Continue the list then

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>329914172
>there.
Stopped reading there
>>
>>329913825
Projecting I see?

/v/, 4chan, and players LOVE optimal builds and efficiency

So why are you still playing videogames you stupid fuck?

The optimal way to enjoy videogames is to avoid playing them at all costs.

Let's see

>Watching a vod / livestreamer
[x] Can watch for any amount of time you'd like
[x] Can be paused at any time
[x] No Smurfs, you know every single player by name
[x] Does not require full attention
[x] Can do something worthwhile, health and life improving at the same time (such as exercising or cooking)
[x] No Peruvians or other non-English players/speakers
[x] Contains high level play (usually)
[x] Often has someone casting it
[x] Can easily shitpost on /v/ or do other things at the same time
[x] 100% accepted and the purpose of the thread and /v/ board
[x] god tier fellow anons on /v/ and 4chan accompany you

>Playing the game
[x] Requires an unknown time investment, anywhere from 5 minutes to 2+ hours
[x] Infested with artificial difficulty at all levels, which fundamentally break the immersion
[x] Cannot really be paused, people will unpause as soon as they can
[x] Requires full attention
[x] Stressful and no guarantee it will be fun
[x] All but Guaranteed Peruvians or other non-English players/speakers
[x] Contains shit-tier play (usually)
[x] Doesn't have anyone casting it
[x] Cannot shitpost on /v/ except when dead (and not very effectively either). Can't do other things.
[x] Cancerous normie tumble alien man site le ebin filter tier blogshit cancer
[x] /v/ will correctly tell your gameshitter ass to FUCK OFF back to le alien man site le ebin filter where you belong
[x] Autistic literally le alien man site le ebin filter inhouses and steam chat accompany you
>>
>>329914110
Ya there's no point if your average at anything you've sunk a lot of time into it's time to give up
>>
>>329913825
Not him but that logic is flawed. I watch EVO and play fighting games here and there. I in no way expect to become better by doing so.
Thats like expecting to get better at an actual sport by watching it. If anybody who watches e-sports actually thinks that will make them better then they are dilusional and a minority.
>>
>>329914338
how much allowance have you spent on twitch streamers? Moms gotta have a limit on her visa
>>
File: 1453927537625.png (523 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
1453927537625.png
523 KB, 1111x597
>>329914569
>this butthurt gamecuck
>>
File: 488768145.jpg (3 MB, 4928x3280) Image search: [Google]
488768145.jpg
3 MB, 4928x3280
twitch watchers are the type of people who slow down on the highway to look at the car crash
>>
>>329911841
dendi is not an top player right now

but back in the beginning of dota 2 he was an indestructible beast

i remember people saying other mid players were good because they DIDNT DIED against dendi mid, thats how fucking good he was

sadly, he got left behind, i dont think he is even at top 100 mmr anymore
>>
>>329914810
u mad cause you spent all that time typing out that list only to get one reply dissing ur inability to be a productive citizen?
>>
>>329911285
>Why are PC gamers so obsessed
but im not
>>
>>329915889
yes u are don't lie to me
>>
>>329912407
$500 is pretty fun tho
>>
>>329914172
you are supposed to stop reading at the end of the post anon, well done.
>>
i've probably been playing vidya competitively since before most of neo /v/ was born
>>
>>329917071
has it brought any money in?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.