[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to post this every day until you like it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
File: 14572378590544.jpg (108 KB, 774x883) Image search: [Google]
14572378590544.jpg
108 KB, 774x883
I'm going to post this every day until you like it.
>>
>>329903329
No sir, I don't like it
>>
>>329903329
I'm one with toad! (laughs)
>>
>>329903329
I don't mind it.
They just need different ones.
>>
You know what? fuck it, I'm hopeful again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFmC9GEKcgY
This analysis video showing that Color Splash has more of a classic "card battle" mechanic to it, and that it'll actually involve a LOT more strategic/RPG elements than SS had.

To be perfectly honest, I would totally be willing to accept this kind of game as a proper Paper Mario, IF it also goes back to having a decent story and some interesting characters/dialog and not just generic toads and mute Bowser, which is still a possibility. This is why I am still holding onto a sliver of hope that Color Splash will end up being good after all.
>>
File: 1420232916730.png (64 KB, 268x200) Image search: [Google]
1420232916730.png
64 KB, 268x200
>>329904313
>card battling
>>
>>329903329
leaked title screen music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3irbsRozEk
>>
>>329904313

>Defeating enemies refills your paint meter

This is it... There's actually going to be A REASON TO BATTLE.

Your paint meter is needed for filling in all the colorless spots in the environment, so you need to keep battling enemies in order to refill your paint meter to color in more of the areas.

This was the #1 complaint I had with Sticker Star, and it looks like Color Splash fixes this! I am actually excited for this game now.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 320x177) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 320x177
>>329904745
>make grinding essential instead of just making the battle system interesting enough to want to battle
>good
>>
>>329904907

The battle system DOES look interesting though, it's a lot more complex than Sticker Shit's battle system from what we've seen.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 500x282
>>329904998
>flick a card upwards to win
>not even the slightest mention of dodging attacks
>super flashy cutscene specials that take like a half hour
I'm not even trying to say the game will be shit but I'm just trying to stop you from hurting yourself with the inevitable disappointment
>>
The gameplay in Sticker Star actually didn't bother me. People who said there was no reason to fight are kinda stupid because you needed coins to buy more stickers. Even if you didn't fight, you still wouldn't have enough stickers to take on the boss, unless you used Thing Stickers. Now you really wouldn't cheese the gamw with Thing Stickers, now would you, anons? Game was much more fun without them for combat.

Anyway, my biggest worry is that based on what we've already seen, it looks like the world is going to be extremely boring again as far as characterization, writing, and NPC types go. I want new OC enemies and for there to be story.
>>
>>329905164
If he's stupid enough to get hyped over some shitty analysis video, then he deserves to get hurt.
>>
>>329905497
>People who said there was no reason to fight are kinda stupid because you needed coins to buy more sticker
The stages themselves give you more than enough coins without having to "cheese" you retard.
>>
>>329903329
The varying line widths look like shit.
>>
>>329905164
I appreciate the help anon, but that's okay, I'm willing to take the risk of being hit with disappointment in order to act as the lone voice of hope in a world of despair. Someone's gotta do it.

>>329905497
This is my biggest worry as well. Even if the NPCs aren't too original, I would at least hope that they talked... and as for enemies, there's a huge array of existing mainline Mario enemies to choose from, so I'd be fine with no OC enemies as long as they changed it up from the Sticker Star enemy lineup...

It would even be enough if they at least brought back the tattle mechanic to give you some different flavor text in each area. That alone would sell the game for me.
>>
>>329905892
And if you're stupid enough to get asshurt over a 30 second reveal trailer you deserve to get proved wrong too ;^)
>>
>>329904745
>need to fight to refill paint
>need paint in order to fight
yeah, I'm still not seeing the reason
>>
>>329906310

You also need paint in order to find collectables, and probably for just making progress through the levels as well. So yes, there is absolutely a reason to fight now.
>>
>>329904313
Fuck off shill.
>>
I already like it.

The fact that Nintendo pulled this because of /v/'s tantrum is fucking infuriating. The one good game we get that won't be butchered by their localisation team and /v/ has to fucking RUIN it.
>>
>>329907062
The fuck are you talking about
Are you having a vision quest
>>
>>329905497

>Even if you didn't fight, you still wouldn't have enough stickers to take on the boss, unless you used Thing Stickers.

You kinda do, since stickers are everywhere in the environment and the ones you buy in shops are mostly the same ones you find on the field.

>Now you really wouldn't cheese the gamw with Thing Stickers, now would you, anons?

I would, since the game fucking whines at you for fighting the boss wrong if you don't use them.
>>
File: tumblr_miskg0DG5N1rrftcdo1_250.gif (767 KB, 234x197) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_miskg0DG5N1rrftcdo1_250.gif
767 KB, 234x197
>>329905497
I actually played through Sticker Star without using Thing stickers unless it was absolutely necessary (I believe only the Cheep Cheep fight had me use one.) I also made sure to fight everything in my way like a regular Paper Mario game.

It at least made the game enjoyable, managing stickers and keeping a supply of them was pretty important, especially with the boss fights beyond the first world. (I avoided using Fire Stickers and Jump stickers on the 4th and 5th world fights being that unlike the other bosses, they lacked a Thing sticker weakness.)

Honestly, Sticker Star is a flawed game, but it was at least enjoyable for the most part. I am willing to bet that Color Splash will at least try and improve on it.
>>
>>329906979

You can fuck right off instead. That anon's demands are perfectly reasonable and the game would turn out to be pretty damn good if what he's saying turns out to be true. You sound like you don't even want this game to be good.
>>
>>329904313
If it's like Baten Kaitos then I'm sold.
>>
>>329907578

How hard was the Bowser battle without Thing stickers? I tried it at first but it seemed impossible even after grinding for the best possible maxed inventory...
>>
>>329907728
The game is clearly just another sticker star rehash with no actual purpose for battle and devoid of any RPG elements, it's fucking trash already.
>>
>>329903329
Oh! You're the Toad I saw way back when.
>>
>Paper Jam gave Paper Bowser and Paper Bowser Jr. tons of character
>they will probably only around 2 lines of dialogue

I will put up with the shit gameplay as long as the characters actual have character this time.
>>
File: 1457238940647.gif (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1457238940647.gif
6 KB, 250x250
>>329909403
>>329903456
>>
File: 1455535427416.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1455535427416.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
>>329903329
Fuck this generic toad REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>329908043
It took a couple of tries plus re-working the inventory. Without the sheer destructive power of things, it makes every sticker very valuable. Don't remember all the details, but I do remember the phases with Bowser summoning enemies having to be dealt with quickly with stuff like Hurlhammers. Infinijump did wonders against the one Whomp in the fight while the last phase. Shells also are pretty effective for all phases.

Making me want to give it another try later... perhaps when we get Color Splash's release date I'll do a run of the game again with those limitations.
>>
>>329904313
>Watch video
>"Similar to Sticker Star"
>"Just like Sticker Star"
>"Like we saw in Sticker Star"

No thanks.
>>
>>329903329
Three outlines is not enough, we need more.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.