[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon's Dogma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11
File: dddasteam.jpg (392 KB, 1579x1304) Image search: [Google]
dddasteam.jpg
392 KB, 1579x1304
Since its release on Steam the sales and discussion for this game seem to have completely dried out, you can't even find streams on Twitch anymore.

I mean, what happened? Am I alone in my love for this game?

That combat system, that character creator, that dungeon crawling, that artstyle, that music, those animations... holy shit there's so much good stuff in this game.

Don't get me wrong, I know it has its faults like obviously there's a lot of cut content since there are only like two towns. Some of the mechanics can be a bit obfuscated and it can get grindy and tedious at times.

But still, this is one of those few games that nail down that fantasy of having your custom party and going on merry adventures in a magical world. I desperately want a sequel but I don't see it happening given the circumstances.
>>
File: ddda.jpg (686 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ddda.jpg
686 KB, 1920x1080
Also, post Arisens/Pawns
>>
Pretty sure a lot of people wait for sales
I bought it 2 times already
Not buying it a third time without a sale
>>
>>329896195
>1 save only
>lack of anything to do after you ding max level
>new game plus changes literally nothing in terms of difficulty

There you go. Only good thing was BBI but by the time I finished the game I didn't felt like doing anything else.
>>
fuck off shill
>>
File: 1445974152541.gif (969 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1445974152541.gif
969 KB, 400x300
I did everything i could in about 150 hours and got burnt out.
It's a good game but i wish there was more online interactions and stuff like Ur-dragon.
>>
The game is pretty short in retrospect and anyone who really cared about the game beat it years ago.
>>
>>329896195
It's a single player game what did you expect?
>>
fuck off shill
>>
>>329896195

Game has almost continually had generals on /vg/ since it's release on console.

That's pretty fucking impressive.

Also I still love and play it, I just don't feel like there's a heck of a lot to discuss at this point as most people know everything.
>>
File: 45464323.jpg (595 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
45464323.jpg
595 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>329896195
>you can't even find streams

Only retarded people
watch other people playing

Dragon's Dogma had a great fan base until it was released to PC retards
>>
Considering that everything pre-dragon is a grind and the game doesn't get good until post dragon and bbi, the desire to make new characters is very low for me.

However, I did make another character to try out magic and finish up some achievements but once that's done I don't really see myself playing the game again.

The first, like, 20 hours is so bad that even though the part after that is really good it kills the desire to re-experience the game, and you can only grind post game for so long before you get bored.
>>
>>329896195
Because DD isn't that good, it has some really nice elements but it's brought down by shit like the UI or the not enough-in depth character progression.

I think they should make a sequel.
>>
File: map.jpg (2 MB, 2103x1891) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
2 MB, 2103x1891
>>329896195
the game was overhyped anyways, the world was small and mostly linear. the combat boiled down to spamming weaponskills until HP sponge monsters died. also, it was very clear that the game was rushed and heavily limited by last gen consoles.
>>
>>329896507

Yeah, the save system in this game is pretty terrible and I agree BBI is by far the best part.

>>329896614

I mean sure, I don't expect people to play this game forever, but still, only 200k sales? There are terrible games on steam with 4 times as many players. wtf

>>329896885

Early game is really slow and full of fetch quests I agree.
>>
>>329896539
>japanese game
>shill
Not how it work fucktard
>>
>>329896884
>Dragon's Dogma had a great fan base until it was released to PC retards
You mean
>another thread, time to cry about no sequel, wonder why there's no PC version and boast about how superior it is when compared to Dark Souls and Skyrim
It only got better after PC release. People finally discussed game again.
>>
>>329897271
>wahhhhh why don't people like my game
>>
>>329897537

I have nothing to do with the game shitposter-san, I just really like it and want a sequel
>>
I wouldn't mind DDO coming out over here but I dunno if it would even do well enough in the west to be worth the investment and obviously capcom feels the same way.
>>
>>329896195
Because it's just an average RPG.
There's nothing to do apart from grinding and killing monsters, and le ebin loli waifu pawns.
>>
>>329896884
>yet another consolecuckie mad as fuck the game came out on PC
>>
>console limitations
>empty world with 4-5 kind of mobs
>broken class
>fun battle system but stupid AI ruined it
>lel 1 save file only

It's a fun game once you reached BBI though
>>
File: pMPJHKz.png (92 KB, 668x291) Image search: [Google]
pMPJHKz.png
92 KB, 668x291
>>329896195
but i'm finished with it OP.
>>
>>329897271

>I mean sure, I don't expect people to play this game forever, but still, only 200k sales? There are terrible games on steam with 4 times as many players. wtf

I love it dearly, but it's a re-release of a re-release of a niche game within a niche genre.

It lacks virtually everything that hardcore and casual players alike look for in an RPG, the plot isn't particularly engaging nor especially well told, there's virtually no character interaction or interesting characters for that matter, no real dialog or role playing, quests are 99% A to B rubbish, exploration is minimal and the world isn't particularly interesting, there's no multiplayer etc

There's combat, there's grind, that's it.
>>
>>329896195
Well it doesn't have an excessive amount of replay value when you get all the achievements and see all the sights. You just restart a new char and go through it again, since the world is largely static.

The fact enemy spawns weren't random or shit like the Everfall being actually randomly generated floors/chambers with random enemies and hazards kinda hurt it. I had no reason to keep playing after I killed every boss, saw every zone, maxed out my char and pawn, etc. Gearing for looks > stats, so anything outside of the weapon I got was irrelevant.
>>
One thing that DD does right is certainly the slutty clothing for your character, too bad that some of it is locked behind Bitterblack bullshit.
>>
>200k sold on PC at 30 bucks
Why the fuck aren't people buying this? It's one of the best RPGs on Steam by far.
>>
File: 1455255239735.jpg (265 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1455255239735.jpg
265 KB, 1000x1000
>>329897745
>Dragon's Dogma 2 : Never Ever Editions
>>
>>329898323
It got the sales it deserves.
It's an average RPG, with flashy combat, dead, empty open world, 5 different enemies and boring story.
>>
>>329896195
i dropped it after a week.

i got all achievements and 70 hours out of it, it's worth the 22.50 euros
>>
>>329896556
This, 200 hours into the game but there is nothing more to do.
>>
>>329898448
Still one of the best RPGs of the decade.
>>
File: PC master race gets a port.webm (3 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
PC master race gets a port.webm
3 MB, 400x224
>>329896195
>>
Because it's way more boring than its console fans pretended it was.

I played through the game once and tried out several classes along the way, beat Daimon a couple times, and then there was nothing left to do.

It's not a game with gameplay that lends itself to repeat playthroughs unlike Dark Souls.
>>
>>329898786
Still a gap between it and the actual best RPG's like DaS.
>>
>>329899153
This.
I didn't manage to play it for more than 10 hours.
I have no idea why people wanted this game ported so much.
>>
I really don't get the high praise, but maybe I just wasn't patient enough for the Dark Arisen content. I beat Grigori (definitely don't understand why people call this fight the best boss battle ever, he was significantly weaker than he should have been and it felt like he came way too early), got into the Everfall, and now I guess I'm just supposed to wander around Griffith's utopia and gradually collect 20 wakestones, of which I collected maybe three total up to that point?

Wandering around the sparse world map and 90% of the quests being "kill x boars" was boring enough, I have zero motivation to keep playing if the game is going to continue at this pace. World transformations aren't done often, and I feel like I should be excited to revisit everywhere on the map to see what changed, but the map honestly felt like such an obstacle the entire game that I don't care.

I enjoyed the combat and vocation systems, even though it felt like I was drastically outpacing the content the whole way, but I really didn't care for the pawn system and probably would have enjoyed it more if it was a co-op game. They definitely captured that D&D feeling, but in the context of a D&D campaign it feels like I've barely reached level 5 and the DM is already out of ideas.
>>
>>329896556
>>329898646
You each spent more than 100 hours playing this game and you still wished it had more content? Didn't you get more than your money's worth already?
>>
Played through it twice, messed around in BBI

Had a satisfying experience, what else is there to do / talk about
>>
>>329899378
Time invested isn't a reflection of worthwhile content. The game has a very slow pace, and the majority of the time-consuming "content" is just trekking across the empty map and grinding monsters to fulfill notice board quests. Up to Grigori, there's really only a small handful of actual story quests, and they are all very simplistic.

The game tempts you with the notion that you're in a pre-game phase, that it's all going to open up wide and there's going to be this huge wealth of real content just around the corner. That's motivation to keep clocking the hours, and the gameplay is certainly solid enough to keep most people going, but the fact that the buildup never pays off is why some people feel frustrated despite the time investment.
>>
>>329899324
You can get 20 wakestones in 1 to 3 hours in everfall

Fuck just kill offline ur dragon and you get 20 stones in a single fight

mad cuz bad
>>
>I mean, what happened?

It's an old game that has already been discussed to death. There's a general up all the time on /vg/, but those threads are just more waifu cancer, which DD does not need at all.

What else is there to discuss OP? The game is great and the port really examplified that the poor framerate of the original PS3/Xbox versions was holding it back.
>>
>>329899324
>>329899787
You can get 20 wakestones in the everfall in literally 3 minutes or so.
>>
>>329896195
Clocked 80h. Went through it twice and grinded BBI. Did everything I was interested in.
Pretty good game, but with flaws, likes:
not enough enemies, not enough areas, really short main story, 3 skills per weapons (with buffs), sometimes weird bugs while climbing.
Overall, simply too short. It would be great if you could craft or somehow maybe augment your weapons (abilities, elements, further upgrading) as well. More of everything, pretty much. Maybe change leveling system and add ability to mix skills of classes.
>>
>>329901138
>in the everfall
After talking to the two NPCs on the ledge it didn't look like there was anywhere else to go in there besides up and out.
>>
>>329901414

If you played the game you're forced down it anyway.
>>
Got 150 hours.
I think that's already enough.
>>
>>329896195

>single player game is release
>people don't talk about it for months and months

Oh my what could've happened?
Let me make a guess - people played the game and the majority of us has finished playing it.

What a surprise huh?
>>
>>329899324

>this guy didnt jump into the everfall

Holy shit
>>
>>329896884
Don't delude yourself, anon.
>>
>>329902390
I fell in and looped through a few times, then I landed on the upper platform in a cutscene and a pawn told me to get some wakestones. The path cut off at the merchant pawn and a large gate was blocking the rest of the path around what used to be the stairs. If there was any indication that I was supposed to jump down to some other platform (which is counter-intuitive with the game's fall damage mechanics, even looking past the fact that the way I just landed on the platform should have ripped my arms out of their sockets), I missed it.
>>
>>329902908
Finish the story, anon.
Gather all those wakestones and jump.
>>
>>329899769
150 hours here as well and I gotta say I actually enjoyed the open world aspect more than the dungeon run that is BBI that followed. At least until the point that I was overlevelled and even the boss monsters were no challenge.

That being said, I still kinda suck in BBI and have yet to beat Matt Damon a second time.
>>
>>329896195
I tried getting into this game. I just can't. It seems somewhat bland. Maybe one day when I'm craving playing an RPG, I'll pick it up again.
>>
>>329902908

I'm surprised you haven't realized how the game is chock full of counter-intuitive shit by that point.

The first time you fall down you can only land on one platform - the one you know.
Jump down again, there are 16 platforms with different rooms/bosses in them
The Everfall is an endgame dungeon/raid
http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/The_Everfall_%28Post-Dragon%29
>>
File: 1438283645871.jpg (3 KB, 125x107) Image search: [Google]
1438283645871.jpg
3 KB, 125x107
>>329903352
>Quest takes you to the Everfall for the first time, emphasizes how it's ancient and very important and is intrinsically connected to the pawns somehow
>Get chased out by some eldritch horror which is apparently stopped by a simple iron gate
>Let's all just completely forget this ever happened
>Oh gee like a third of Gran Soren just fucking imploded, how did that happen
This bothered me the most.
>>
>>329903134
What vocation, anon?
Daimon 2.0 IS pretty BS, yeah.
>>
>>329896195
Of course a PC port of a 4 year old game that was overlooked because it released around the same time as skyrim isn't going to sell too well.
>>
I really liked DD but I haven't played in about a month. I started doing BBI after cleaning out the Everfall, and I got to the point that I had to start grinding for better gear to progress.

That's where I dropped the game, and I think it's similar for most people. If BBI had been a straight shot I would have at least finished that too, but I can have more fun doing actual fun things instead of grinding.
>>
The game was already discussed and played to death, the PC version was just the endpoint of it all. All the most efficient pawn builds etc. (i.e stuff you can talk about) were refined there.
>>
>>329901235

The game's alpha/beta was roughly twice the size of the finished product. Capcom told the team to put together everything that was done and get it out the door.

We were supposed to go the moon, anon. The moon.
>>
>>329903765
Assassin. Tbh I didn't even bother reaching him the second time. Running BBI and suiciding for 5 mins on every good chest got me kinda burned out. And fuck those minotaurs really.
>>
>>329896195

yes you are the only one who likes the game
>>
>>329905058

Yeah, eliminators can be a pain in the ass until you get a good weapon to break their defenses, or hire a competent sorc to hit them with levin to stunlock them. As an assassin, you can use burst strike (sword) to their head while they charge to knock them over, mighty bend (bow) to knock them down, perfect block with a shield, or dazzle blast (daggers) to knock them out of the charge. They are just annoying, especially in groups, until you get the hang of fucking them over.
>>
>>329896195
I love the game to death and still play it but

>4 year old port (and it's a VERY well done port)
>almost no mod support (very huge negative on PC)
>most casuals just drop it because of the slow game start
>vast majority of players didn't even get to the Dark Arisen content
>>
My save got rolled back by about five hours and I haven't touched it since. Nothing kills my motivation quicker than a lost save.
>>
File: 1255645288235.png (250 KB, 562x562) Image search: [Google]
1255645288235.png
250 KB, 562x562
>>329897952
>i stop playing games once i get all the achievements
>>
I'm on my second alt (made new steam accounts and family shared it, can hire my own pawns and send items between accounts), going to fight the griffin. I have 160 hours on my main, 58 on my first alt, and 15 on this one. Not to mention the 6 characters I had on 360 (4 max level, one left at 50 for early BBI help, one at 75 for BBI 2.0 help).

It's definitely one of my top 5 favorite games.
>>
>>329898182
>The fact enemy spawns weren't random

Okay, I need to fucking ask this.

Can anyone PLEASE FUCKING TELL ME why Dragon's Dogma is the only ARPG / RPG that always gets shit for "same enemy spawns" when tons of other games do it.
>>
>>329896195
Because it's boring and there's no mods.

The game really sucked, honestly.
>>
>>329896507
>lack of anything to do after you ding max level

Really? I couldn't even find anything else to do at like level 150, I maxed most vocations, I did BBI and base game on both difficulties, including all BBI 2.0 stuff, had full BBI best in slot armor, I just don't know what else to do. I even did all the achievements besides the lv200 one.

But then, I finished at about 90 hours, so I feel like I got my money's worth.
>>
game sucks. no content and combat being good is just a lie. the combat is flashy with absolutely no depth. bbi was alright, but i don't like grinding for gear. i especially don't like grinding for gear in a fucking single player game. fuck that

game is a solid 5/10
>>
File: The Dark Arisen.webm (802 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The Dark Arisen.webm
802 KB, 1280x720
>>329905731

Being a part of the general really helps. People ask if you can take their pawn for a walk, you help each other out, help keep each other motivated. Never trip, just post pawn name/level when you are asking for rents.
>>
>>329896195
I was surprised people were talking about it in the first place considering it came out on consoles twice. I figured even PC die hards would've just got a 360/PS3 on sale and grabbed it from a bargain bin.
>>
>>329906124

It was one of those games that really deserved a port, just so we could get stable frame rates. When it was announced, I was stoked for a stable 30 FPS straight port. The graphical improvements and being able to run it at 60 fps was all gravy.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.