[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one did you take?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: Franklin choices.jpg (87 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Franklin choices.jpg
87 KB, 1920x1080
Which one did you take?
>>
>choosing anything but deathwish
That being said, what happens when you choose something else? Does one of the actually get killed?
>>
>>329890227

Yeah, Trevor burns to death if you choose him and Michael falls off a tower if you choose him
>>
>>329890227
Ofcourse. It'd be ridiculous if you chose them and didn't actually get to complete your choice.
>>
>bad ending
>bad ending
>good ending
Gee I dunno.

I loved how Deathwish ending switched villains between heroes
>>
>>329890021
Franklin need to cut his nails.
>>
>>329890021
I chose killing off Trevor first and that's probably my favorite ending. Michael's monologue and the song that fit perfectly sold it for me, but Deathwish was alright too, just a generic good ending.
Killing of Michael is the one that completely doesn't make sense, the whole ending is shit and soulless
>>
>>329890021
C = Reddit ending
>>
>>329893578
>using reddit as synonym for bad
reddit
>>
File: Sue2.jpg (15 KB, 523x437) Image search: [Google]
Sue2.jpg
15 KB, 523x437
no option to kill self
>>
>last minute discount villain who is supposed to scare you into killing trevor or mike because he is supposed to be intimidating
>'deathwish' is killing a guy who is conveniently stuck on a ferris wheel, some dude in a limo, and a guy playing basketball

the whole game was so utterly terrible
>>
>killing one of the playable characters in a single player game
>>
does anyone have a discount code or something for GTA V on Steam?
don't wanna pay 60 bucks for this shit when it already was 50% off during christmas (and i missed the sale)

or any other ideas where to get it from?
>>
>>329893949
piratebay
>>
File: 1456673398521.jpg (96 KB, 687x819) Image search: [Google]
1456673398521.jpg
96 KB, 687x819
>>329893949
>>
>>329893469
killing either of them is dumb as fuck especially post game when you drive around as michael and pick up trevor to go do any friend activity and they literally reconcile in the car. A and B endings serve no purpose whatsoever and is just further proof R* did not give a flying fuck about the story because it doesn't sell good goy cards.
>>
>>329893921
You have 3 character that play exactly the same except for some special power bullshit. Why not get rid of one?

If Rockstar was good at writing they force the player to kill at least one of them and make the third option being "kill Franklin" of course.

In Vice City you kill Lance Vance.
In San Andreas you kill Ryder and Big Smoke
GTA IV only has bad endings.
GTA V LE CASUAL HOLLYWOOD HAPPY ENDING.
>>
>>329894178
Lance, Ryder and Big Smoke weren't playable characters.
>>
>>329893991
dat shit ain't safe no more breh
>>
File: 1440979105889.gif (2 MB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1440979105889.gif
2 MB, 450x450
>>329890021

I always thought this kind of ending felt forced in a game like this.

You don't make any choices in the entire game and then all of sudden Deus Ex ending.
>>
>>329894227
GTA series always had only one character. I still don't understand why GTA V has 3.

Stupid game doeesn't have co-op.
>>
>>329890021
for a while when playing through the game I though I'm gonna pick killing Trevor. But when reached the point I choose the obvious deathwish because otherwise it's bending over for all those humongous faglords.
>>
>>329890021
This felt so hamfisted, like some kind of pseudo-intellectual meta thing

fuck rockstar
>>
>>329894178
A lot of people praise GTAIV for its writing, the only thing people like about the writing in V is Trevor for being so zany and unlikable.
>>
File: 1452908452598.jpg (23 KB, 214x216) Image search: [Google]
1452908452598.jpg
23 KB, 214x216
I can kill a redneck, I can kill a white man...

But I can't kill a fucking nigger?

What the fuck?
>>
Deathwish should have been kill Franklin.

Christ the ending was awful.

Good thing no one plays these games for the story.
>>
>>329894793
oy vey buy more shark cards and maybe we'll put that ending in
>>
>>329894058
>implying I played the game after finishing the main story
Im an adult so playing through the story in a game like GTA is the only thing I do, apart from the occassional chaos to see how long I can survive with full stars, so yeah, killing off Trevor is still the best choice
>>
>video game has hideout/safehouse
>you can only walk or lightly jog when inside of it

thanks again gta 5 for bringing back this godforsaken mechanic.
>>
>>329895043
kek, so you run around your house all the time? how old are you?
>>
>dress you characters in some nice clothes
>switch back and forth
>some fucking sweatpants or other shit
thanks Rockstar
>>
>>329895040
>i'm an adult

yeah, you sure are

I'm a god of death too
>>
>>329895170
okay sorry then
>>
>>329894425
Not only it's forced, it's horribly made as well. A and B serve no purpose and C has no penalties.

It's like you win a prize and the choices are:
A. commit suicide
B. kill your brother
C. collect prize

If A and B at least made Devin Weston a playable character and awarded the player his mansion, vehicles and his hangar. I'm sure many would choose it.
>>
>>329890021
I enjoyed the campaign quite a bit and it's comfy as fuck, but it's a shame the story ended just like that.
I mean, it had a good conclusion, but I feel like it could have been longer.
The ending is just
>You know what? Let's just kill all these assholes that have been a pain in the ass for months.
>>
>>329893996
Oh look, giving reasons to pirate triggers autists.
I guess i'll have to start doing so more often.
>>
>>329890021
deathwish, because rockstar doesnt know how to make videogames anymore
>>
Since GTA went 3D, V is probably one of the weakest ones.
But since the world isn't just, it also made the most profit and it'll be the role model for the next one.
>>
c just for the sake of being able to mess around with the three characters and do all the side stuff

killing trevor was probably the best choice plot-wise but eh, i wasn't terribly invested
>>
>>329896563
Nah, C ending is the best.
It's the only game where you take out the loose ends.
>>
>>329893949
>2013
>still hasnt played gta5
>>
>>329894706
>"Fuck Rockstar, I dislike the ending because I vaguely felt as if it intended to have a message"
Like you can't even commit to saying if it did or not.
>>
>>329890021

i'm a plot fag, killed Trevor because... well he did have it coming
>>
>>329895040
>Im an adult

Were that actually true you wouldn't feel the need to say it
>>
>>329897428
giev me yo copy
>>
should've been an option to kill Dave Norton somewhere too
>>
>>329893996
video games are a waste of money, only buy multiplayer games with friends to socialize, otherwise you are an autist
>>
>>329890021
man i still havent finished this game. i'm probably 5~ missions away from the end but it drags on so badly.
>>
>>329890021
I'm not native english speaking person and I thought that if you chose any option one of the main characters will die in the ending so I chose to kill Trevor since he is such a shitty character.
>>
Modded single player is the only way to play GTAV these days. Pretty talented and dedicated modding community.
>>
>>329898853
I remember only modding the "animals don't call cops" mod because of how essential it is. It's amazingly retarded how R* didn't fixed this bug themselves for the re-release.
Finished the game and uninstalled, there wasn't many mods back at the time. The game gets extremely boring after the story is over.
>>
>>329899635
You should try it again and just mod the absolute shit out of it. Many more hours of entertainment are available. Try LCPDFR.com
>>
>>329893895
The whole story was terrible in general. It never felt like there was a main story, but a bunch a shit that's loosely tied together. I'm guessing Michael was supposed to be the only playable character, considering how he's more fleshed out and focused on more, until some asshole wanted to "try something new."
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.