[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sequels that took the series in wrong direction. I'm really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
Sequels that took the series in wrong direction. I'm really angry that Ubisoft cancelled and scrapped that original 2D Rayman 2.
>>
But it was still good and then we still got even better 2D Rayman vidya, even if it was many years later.
Too bad it seems like the franchise is now dead in the dust, what with those fucks at Ubisoft more or less ignoring its anniversary and no news about any potential sequels.
>>
File: mario64.jpg (109 KB, 640x459) Image search: [Google]
mario64.jpg
109 KB, 640x459
2D platformers should have stayed that way.
>>
>>329877148
Ubisoft is too busy publishing same fps games with different names and working on their Uplay. I just wish some else company would have HoMM and Rayman licenses.
>>
Rayman 2 was exceptional though.
>>
Every Rayman game takes the series in an entirely different direction (except Origins and Legends which are similar)
>>
>>329877150
Lol fuck you.
>>
>>329877148
Origins & Legends were plagued by Ubisoft dumb decisions which made both games sale miserably.
>>
Symphony of the Night
Super Mario 64
Saints Row 3,4
Doom 3
>>
>>329876729

Rayman 2 is the greatest game ever conceived by human hands and one of 10 greatest achievements in human's history

If I had to pick between man ever going to the Moon and Rayman 2, I would pick Rayman 2
>>
>>329877342
Until that point mario games got better and better with every new title in series. SMB3 and SMW just are a lot better games than mario64.
>>
>>329877467
You mean the whole delay when the game was basically ready and the devs themselves wanted it released? Yeah, that was pretty stupid.
I guess we should just be thankful that we managed to get two decent games out of them.
>>
>>329877472
anything that leads to Aria of Sorrow can't be a mistake
>>
>>329877150

but first
>>
>>329877548
>he thinks man has ever been to the moon
It was all staged in hollywood, mate.
>>
>>329877472
>Doom 3

Still haven't playd that through like other Dooms. They really just should've make it a new IP.
>>
What about sequels that took the series in the right direction and were ignored?
>Zelda II
>Star Fox 2
>>
Fuck you anon Rayman 2 is the only non nintendo 3d platformer during the 64/psone/saturn generation that could compete with mario 64 and banjo kazooie in quality.
>>
>>329877712
>Zelda II
the overworld is really fucking lame though, besides ALTTP is great.
>>
>>329877150
they should, every mario 3d is shit
>>
>>329876729
t.hipster
>>
>>329877757
It's not the point whether it's good game or not. If it would stand on it's own, I would feel better about it. I just played Rayman 1 a lot in 90's, and when Rayman 2 got released I obviously was expecting more of the same but better. Instead, I got totally different game and got disappointed because of that. Also the rest 3D Raymans are shit and series got better when they switched back to 2D.
>>
>>329877150
>>329877857
2D mario games didn't stop though, they just took a lengthy break for 2 generations
>>
>>329877834
I feel ALttP has many large and obvious improvements (that mostly come from being on a more powerful system) but is overall a misstep in that it guides you so much and is so easy.
The focus on challenge and exploration present in the NES games was largely lost.

Also, Zelda II's style of gameplay would have benefited more from being done on the SNES than the original's, since the main thing holding Zelda II back was the limited buttons available on the NES controller.
>>
>>329878016
>Also the rest 3D Raymans are shit
>Rayman 3 was shit.
What?
>>
>Rayman 4 is a shitty isometric GBA game
Why would you do that, Youbesoft?
>>
>>329878016
>It's not the point whether it's good game or not
The focus of this thread should be games that are different and also not good, like Star Fox Adventures or Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.

>Also the rest 3D Raymans are shit
By "the rest" you mean the single other 3D Rayman game that isn't some spin-off, right?
I thought it was okay, though not nearly as good as 2.
>>
>>329877472
>Symphony of the Night
I agree.
>>
>Burnout Paradise
>Need for Speed Underground

Neither of the listed games are sequels, but they did take their respective series in directions they have yet to recover from (and likely never will.)
>>
File: angrycry.jpg (53 KB, 396x282) Image search: [Google]
angrycry.jpg
53 KB, 396x282
>>329878860
Why did they have to ruin Burnout, every new racing game is just the same gran turismo autism-tier shit.
>>
>>329878860
On that note: Resident Evil 4
I love the game, but that poor series.
>>
>>329878593
I admit it's mostly a personal grudge towards Rayman 2. Maybe I should give it try after 17-18 years because we already got two 2D rayman sequels.
>>
File: 18324.jpg (726 KB, 1192x2043) Image search: [Google]
18324.jpg
726 KB, 1192x2043
>>
Rayman 2 is gold OP, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>329876729
Rayman 2 is great anon... also Psone version > N64 version
>>
>>329880642
>butchered version missing a bunch of content and with terrible real voice acting > original version
what the fuck?
>>
>>329880848
I guess is the nostalgia
>>
>>329880642
Dreamcast version > all
>>
>>329880642
>the only version with cut content
>better than anything else
lolno
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.